Keldath addons

rockinroger said:
just a thought for warlords expansion. how about a national wonder that reduces the cost of upgrading units. ihate having to reduce research to upgrade my units.
ehm, it would be easy yes, but if you earn money as much to upgrade as if it cost you nothing, or other way around, make upgrading so cheap you won't feel the pain...it would be the same as upgrading for nothing at all...

the point is, you must make choices in civilization, like in real life.
-wanna spend money on schools, universities, etc?
-wanna spend money on infrastructure?
-wanna spend on the military?
just like in reality, our military cannot afford to buy 5000 F117, 40.000Abrams and 40.000Leopard III, 4000 Apacha AH-64D..but they can't :) of course they want all the soldiers to be equipted with highly sofhisticated infraredcameras, state of the art weaponry..but they can't..no money..

Civ should make you the leader to make to such choices, if you feel war is not arising, dont upgrade, if you think war is comming, upgrade every unit, or only those near the border, upgrade city defencing units, or your battle forces? choices to be made by you..that's the point of civ..you could also indeed not research 20turns and upgrade everything...

I think Keldath already improved alot by making research more expensive..it takes you longer to research, hence you can safe longer to upgrade units once available....maybe units from the beginning of the game have promotions against gunfire, arrow, melee units, etc..those promotions you normally dont want later in the game anyway, since war is changing..so choose wisely to not upgrade such units and use them as canon food :)
that's what i do to safe costs and keep research maxed.

hey guys!

thanksfor all the help -
iused the brasil suggestion,
and poland stables,

all the rest i used the ub from the new amra modpack.

so im almost ready to go,

i couldnt help it -so i added troy as a civ , also from amra...

im now just making sure that all the buildings are ok to go,
then little small fixed,
and i hope that later this day - ill upload the warlords version.

after that,
im gonna make a version for the vanilla amra.:)

keldath said:
hey guys!

thanksfor all the help -
iused the brasil suggestion,
and poland stables,

all the rest i used the ub from the new amra modpack.

so im almost ready to go,

i couldnt help it -so i added troy as a civ , also from amra...

im now just making sure that all the buildings are ok to go,
then little small fixed,
and i hope that later this day - ill upload the warlords version.

after that,
im gonna make a version for the vanilla amra.:)

Great :) Thx for dont forget the poor users without money for warlords xD

Wonders what the celtic one will be maybe National Eisteddfod - celebration of celtic culture held every year in Wales or maybe the Celtic Monastries of Ireland
- Scots one should be a distillery ;)

still on for the upload today for Warlords version or is there a delay to put in the new Dale's Version ?

ok everyone -
i finnished the warlords version.

check back tommorow -it will take around 8 hours of upload....

after that -
im gonna help sevo on his official mod,

then ill release a patch to kelgir vanilla - adds the stuff i got on the warlords version.

then update the new dale version,

then make an amra addon.

yap its lots of work.

theres some minor bugs with the dale bombard but nothing that annoyes and ctd :
somtimes you do not see hte acctuall bombardment,
and you dont get a massage,
and if you do not see the icon it self - you need to press "b" = for bombardment.

also - in the civilopedia - you cant see the entire civs listed there.

@mrgenie, i agree with you on choices. Its that im trying to improve my game by playing prince level and above. for some reason i always seem to get isabella as a neighbor. she just dosent like me ,ever, lol. i was just thinking back to civ 3 days where there were alot of national wonders and such, like in dyp mod. windowed mode is working great apreciate your help on that.

i have some suggestions on the canadian unique unit "Toronto Battleship".
for one, Toronto is not on an ocean if you were just naming it after one of our cities, another thing the actual ship hmcs Toronto only served for 18 monts in WWII and then was sold to norway who sold it as scrap metal in the 70's so i think this unit should be rethought.

also the uu of a pikeman. Canda didnt exist when pikemen were still in use, as a country or as a colony.

also i noticed you called it the modern grandier and i think it supposed to be modern Grenadier

Man this mod takes an Eternity to load, i wrote this while it was loading

Keldath...

Do get the new Warlords edition...I need to download kelgir-v3.1-WR.exe ...right?

Also, you told me that the Megalopolis addon does not work with the current version on SevoMod...seeing as you are doing all this integration and stuff for the Warlords edition...is there any chance you can try and get Megalopolis added to your bundle?

Thanks.

P.S. I'm in the process of D/Ling the kelgir-v3.1-WR.exe file in case it is the right one...looking forward to trying it out.

so you just un-zip it. no patches or anything of the like?

Just tried it out. the civilopedia in the civilization section barely shows anything, also you put "trojen" and it's "Trojan" for the trojan's uu's

since your using things from arma mod why dont you add trudeau to the leader selection.
more problems with leaders, you have 2 shaka zulu's both the leaderheads are of the warlord's expansion pack, you have 2 wang kon's one from warlords one from sevomod and you have 2 mehmeds once again one from warlords and one from sevomod

this is as much as i could find before even starting a game

LOL :) have to try it out yet, haven't even DL the mod, but, 2 shakas? cool, that's literally, double your pleasure hahaha

hello guys :)

Jaxsun ,

i will do so to change the toronto b-ship.
also id love a suggestion for another uu instaed of the pikeman.

and about the 2 leaders and stuff....well thats what happans when you rush things,

ill be sure to fix it on a patch in a few days -

you guys help me with the initial bug report.

the civilopedia is not 100% warlords - this i leave for sevo - he will release an official verision of him then ill use his files.

oh and what is "trudeau "??

and the spelling mistakes...well i write the names - and somtimes never check what i wrote.....woopsy...:)

blipadouzi,
hi,
well - what would you like to have from that mod? write me and ill see what i can do.

mrgeanie....you made me laugh :)

Zuul ,
wow what an honor, the greatzull the promoion maker is playing my mod ?

heheh im honored .

Genetic Era for Warlords, ill check it out,

so guys thanks for the comments, ill use them

i need to finnish some stuff like the patch for this and the vanilla version
also change names for buildings - if you have ideas tell me.

also i really wanna do my mod amra compattible.

thanks agagin guys.

*rockinroger ,
wow your quite a busy player - i see you play test alot of mods out there - your doing an important job!!! keep it up!

Live long and prosper, Mr. Keldath.

Instantly after u published your mod, i installed it and played.
For some reason, the game crashes after i choose to build "Ranch" in city.

What should i do? How to fix it?

hi jozef,

ranch causes ctd? thats weird - i dont remmber doing somthing with the ranch?!

i will test in immidietley!

thanks!

תודה רבה!1

**ok - fixed the bug ***

ive no idea why it happen - it the last version nothing was wrong.
weird, anyway -go for the new patch for warlords -

another patch with more issues will be released soon

First, great job on getting this out.

Second, I started my first game on Warlords and I received enough points to promote my Scout to "Woodsman II." The first time through, upon selecting the upgrade to "Woodsman II," I encountered a CTD immediately upon selecting. I reloaded the game and upgraded again to "Woodsman II" and this time I was allowed move my Scout once before encountering a CTD.

tested 51nations in the worldbuilder...KOREA causes CTD even at the start of the game.

Top Bottom