[WARLORDS] Amra's Modpack v2

Ok thats an easy merge for him to do, one file from Teg's

I'm not a big fan myself of 3 city radius... But hey some people like it.

Doing the compile is easier than you think, there is a thread about how to set it up and what to do, then you just merge in c++ code just like you do with python (I use Beyond Compare 2 to make this easier).

@roamty
I just did a test game, as I was having MASSIVE problems with PLE (I had to pull it out for now) and great generals where popping just fine. I got the default picture not the actual general picture and i did not bother to check the name to see if there was something for it.... So at least on my side I can get a default popup. But this is with some of my python fix's for Teg's which rolled over to Arma's...

@Arma
Back to Arma...
Ok to get teg's to behave properly I had to edit
UnitStatisticsDefines.py
And change
Code:
g_iUnitNaming = config.getint("Unit Statistics Mod", "Unit Naming", 0)
to
Code:
g_iUnitNaming = config.getint("Unit Statistics Mod", "Unit Naming", 1)

For the life of me, I could not get Teg's to read the ini file...

I have no idea if this would cause the problem Roamty is having but I figured I would share the knowledge

No world map included? :(

Thanks for the quick reply Amra, I see you mean about the temples now that I've progressed to the 1600's :)

Crap. The game crashes when turning over to 675 AD. I attached my save file.

got the same thing as saint1979, crashed at 675AD, was really loving it though!!

great work, all the new resources rock, loving those temples!

I played again with different civ and the same crash accured, but this time 570 AD. Save file attached. No point of playing this mode untill this is fixed.

i remember getting this type of crash alot with previous versions of civ i had modded myself, i hope this can be fixed, i was really loving my game :-(

:wallbash: I hate crashes that don't give any hint as to what caused them. Is anybody else besides saint1979 getting any crashes? And thanks, saint1979 for the savegames.

@ket
Thanks for the info on UnitStats mod.

@Amra

Some help debugging if you already know this, then my apologies.
In my opinion this should be done prior to every release.
(That and make sure you don't update the files after creating the archive for release... Yes I did that...)

Go to /my documents/my games/warlords
Open the CivilizationIV.ini file

Change these settings
AutoSaveInterval = 1
Autorun = 1
GenerateCrashDumps = 1
LoggingEnabled = 1
RandLog = 1
MessageLog = 1

Ok save the file.

Now... Run Warlords and start a game. The computer will play itself until one of 2 things happen
The game crashes
You press ALT-F4

The logs are overwritten each time Warlords starts so once it crashes or you ALT-F4 out dont restart it until reviewing the logs

the logs are in
/my documents/my games/warlords/logs
Pay attention to PythonErr.log this should be empty
PythonErr2.log not empty but could give you info
PythonDbg.log Very important info here
LSystem.log (if its building display related THIS could be the key)

Well, this info might not help but its worth a shot:

In my first game, just before the crash, i went to World Builder and saved the game - as a scenario. I went back to the main menue and started my scenario. After 2-3 turns of play the game crashed as "normal".

Since the hammers in the building cue are "restarted" when you begin a new scenario, I think that this bug might have do something with something else, maybe a religion spreading, an attack or a leader (like a general being borned)(?).

I hope you find a solution to this crash, my both games where awsome untill the crash. I never enjoyed a random created map as much as I did on thise two games I played.

... hmmm... does this mean everyone's game will be crashing around the same time?

i'm only at 1740 BC so i've got plenty of turns left... (i'm totally loving this MOD btw) - hope there's a solution as well - if it helps i'll also post my game if it crashes.

are we gonna have Dale's mod in your mod sometime ?

could be awesome

agoodfella said:
... hmmm... does this mean everyone's game will be crashing around the same time?

i'm only at 1740 BC so i've got plenty of turns left... (i'm totally loving this MOD btw) - hope there's a solution as well - if it helps i'll also post my game if it crashes.

I'm at rifling with no problemos. Great mod . Try Scotland. Philo/Indust. Rifling brings in the Black Watch Guard. Here I come Polynesia!

Hi Amra, Hello Ket

Regarding Three Squars City Radius:

I'v replaced CvGameCoreDLL.dll in Warlords\Mods\Amra's Modpack v2\Assets\ with CvGameCoreDLL.dll from Warlords_3SquareRadiusCities, by the way both files are exactly 5058560 byte in size if it means anything.

Now I have 3 Squars City Radius and by pushing U I get Unit Statistics, maybe something is missing and I don't know it yet.

It would be nice to have an option for ThreeSquarsCityRadius for people playing huge map size.

@ket

Thanks for the pointers. I already had all the logs turned on but hadn't been able to identify a problem yet. I will try the ideas that you suggested and see what I find.

@everyone
I'm very swamped today & don't have time to go sleuthing but after today I will spend some quality time trying to figure out what's wrong.

Thanks for everyone's patience.

Simkodavid

Your missing a large piece of code for unit statistics that calculates combat damage and some storage routines.

Python is also pointing to things that the .dll is not sending it, which may or may not cause a problem...

Also is there not python code for 3 square city radius..(i've never played with that mod myself) how did you handle the merge?

Top Bottom