[mod] Warlords: Total Realism Gold

some things that bug me with the game. Way too many promotions and some units are way too overpowered compared to other units. I can easily conquer my neighbouring civs playing as Tokugawa conquering them with warriors. Drains money yes, but you can just go around conquering your neighbours taking them out of the game early.

Too many unit attributes and promotions too makes it all confusing. You should perhaps attempt to simplify it somewhat.

Tried out the mod. Installed fine, but i cannot seem to stop getting damn barbarians, despite choosing no barbarians in the set up. I HATE barbarians, they are just a confounded nuisance in my view. Why cant I stop them appearing in my games! don't appear in un-modded games when i don't select hem, just in this mod..

Are you using the Slavery civic?

You will get barbarians from that - even if you have built the Great Wall.

It represents the slaves revolting (e.g. Spartacus).

Just one question. why even at the start of the game the turns take some 10-20 seconds. I'd hate to see what its like later on in the game. And no I don't have a slow computer. I can run the 24civ earth map no problem even later stages.

Why in the nine hells this mod doesn't support other maps ????????????

the world map is too massive for slow comps and it's annoying you just can't play with samaller maps !

any way it is gonna change in the future or maybe there is a small map in progress ??

really wish to see it happens , but i'm no map editor ...

thanx

Hello from Tehran,

Hey guys, Just wanted to sneak in quickly and see how the overall feedback is. I am impressed by the positive feedbacks and the download times of 2000 within only one week since Xmas. Thank you all for playing and supporting this mod.

I also have read each single post and suggestions. Once I am back to London I will have a meeting with the team and see how we can improve the following:

- Rebellions of Slaves and Peasants
- Limiting the maximal XP of Barbarian units from 100 to 33.
- Minimum difficulty set to Noble. (A big disadvantage for AI civs vs. barbarians if you play under noble and still people are complaining about it - once we remove it - like only one "type" of Game speed we have - this problem is at least solved)
- The Oriental Ancient City graphics aren't that accurate. They look ore like Oriental Classical/Medieval. We have to find a solution for Oriental Ancient city graphics.
- The idea with negative trade routes effect vs. general negative commerce for Islam sounds good too. The same should be applied to Judaism too only in the other way around.
- The idea with commerce / research / production in ancient times sounds interesting. Need to be dscussed in the team though.

There are also some other ideas - we are going to implement. But more once I am back...

From myside - I had a great time here and was skiing for 4 days in two different ski spots (3500 m height / and 1500 m height). Snow is amazing here and is freaking cold. I got the worst cold in my life and was today in hospital to get antibiotics injected. I hope I will be fine in few days.

I wish you a happy new year and see you soon hopefully fully recovered in 9 days. ;)

Regards
Houman

Hello, I liked the ideas behind your mod so I installed it, but it won't play on my computer. I can get to where I'm starting a scenario, then it will shut down the game on me. Any ideas why? I can't figure out what I did wrong...

Awesome mod :clap:

Here are some comments:

1- I think Crusaders, just like Mujaheddin, should appear with Divine Right. That is the sensible solution from the ideological point of view (as fanaticism of both units come from the belief that they are right in divine matters), and historically they appeared as a response to Islam.

2- I see no logic for having incense bonus to Muslim Cathedral. Muslims don't use incense. A more realistic bonus would be a random (or selectable) one. Almost all great mosques have other facilities in them, such as hospital (+1health), madrasah or today university (+1 research), hermitage (+1 happy), tomb (+1 culture), bazaar or today shopping mall (+1 gold).

3- Having Ottomans instead of Turks is equivalent to having Ming Dynasty instead of Chinese, Mughals instead of Indians, Abbasids instead of Arabs. It is plain wrong. And all it takes to correct is a name change.

I tried to load this mod in lan as a scenerio for multiplayer, and it gave me a message about not being about to read the file.

I think theres something missing from the assets foldier of the mod that lacks multiplayer that the main game has.

Anyone know anything on the subject? I really want to play this with my brother.

- Minimum difficulty set to Noble. (A big disadvantage for AI civs vs. barbarians if you play under noble and still people are complaining about it - once we remove it - like only one "type" of Game speed we have - this problem is at least solved)Houman

I would suggest you keep at least one easier level below Noble.

That allows us less experienced and occasional players to get to grips with the Mod at the start.

My first game I played on Noble and due to my ignorrance of the game and the better AI by Blake I was well and truely thrashed.

So I intend to play my next game at Warlord - just to understand the game a bit better and hopefully progress a bit further into the game.

Just put a disclaimer in the readme - stating the proper experience is only available at Noble and above.

Then change the Warlord game level name to Trainer and get rid of Settler and Chieftain levels.

I tried to load this mod in lan as a scenerio for multiplayer, and it gave me a message about not being about to read the file.

The mod does not work in Multiplayer.

Great work TR team :goodjob:
couple of things tho
slave revolt : there does seem to be a problem ,I am having slave
revolt but i intentionally avoided the slavery civic because of what i read in this thread ,yet still revolts .Also changed from original civic to caste system and it said my slaves were freed ,but i didn't have any, did not use slavery. WTF?
here is a chuckle tho
no i had not attacked yet .will make beheading the enemy pretty easy tho:lol: :lol: :lol:
head stays still while the body moves around

AMD 3500+
2gb of RAM

Memory errors by 1876

-=Update=-

Turning all the graphics down, I squeezed out enough time to get to 2045. Now the game is unplayable due to eternal loading. I can click on my civics/science/cities menus, even change them, but the game is eternally stuck with the loading cursor. Reloading from a few turns prior and playing on it gets stuck on the same turn.

I'm playing on the world map as Mansa Musa. I have conquered 95% of Africa (Arabs on Madagascar and Arabs culture stole a couple of Egyptian cities) 90% of America (except the Wastelands out towards Alaska), Spain, France, UK, and own about 50% of the South East Pacific (half of NZ, half of Aust, half of the archipelego). I'm on 6200, the next strongest is China with 4000 and holding 6 civs in vassalage.

Story follows, might be vaguely interesting to see how the world played out, but to summerise a few points.

- The period in between earliest game and alphabet led to huge military surplus that had to be expended on war.

- Brennus and Victoria didn't have a hope in hell

- With my informant running around the world, I looked at the various nations when they were at peace and it was really beautiful, the graphics and everything. The little nations were all bustling about.

- Does State property and Classical Democracy cancel each other out?

- GAH! Space race was enabled by default! If the game continued I would have to fight China and her vassals (Greece/mongols/Romans/Korean/Turks/gandhi/Arabs) to stop it.

- Judaism and Zorastrianism got stuck in America XD. Taoism disapeared shortly after it's holy city migrated. It might still be there somewhere. Christianity and Islam played little role at all. It was all about the Hindu gods, with some minor early religious wars against Buddha.

Spoiler :
Timbuktu's mountains and river valleys made for extensive food and hammers, making it a true powerhouse to start off with. I founded a mere 3 cities more, one one the West coast, one of the bit when Africa curves round, and the other above that.

By only 2215bc the Russians were destroyed by Barbarians. At 1400bc Huge Barbarian states in North America, Central Africa, South East Asia, and Northern Asia threaten most civilizations.

After this I fought a long battle to claim about half of the mighty barbarian nations that dominated central Africa. This was between 1200-900bc. To do this I let the Egyptian and Carthagian militaries exhaust themselves upon them until I took them for myself. I found the thing many have mentioned, the long period in between earliest game and alphabet led to huge military surplus that had to be expended on war, but it made it more realistic in my eyes of the time period. The African wars between Me and the barbs/Zulu/and Carthage were brutal affairs fought by the Axe and Sword by great hordes.

In any case, what I didn't expect was that the Zulus had the same idea, and now with the monetary difficulties that come with so many cities and my forces thinned out, it was increadibly difficult repelling them. I had still yet to take the last Barbarian city when they came. After burning a couple of minor cities they tried to build in amongst my conquests, I made peace. But Carthage followed suit and declared war upon me just as I brokered peace in the South. By this point the great Barbarian states had been smashed bar the South Pacific one. Meanwhile Brenus had downed Victoria to one city, and the Germans had been squeezed out of Europe by Caesar and Alexander. Asia was in continuous flux between warring states.

A long struggle (until 10bc) between our two nations employing many mercenaries took place, during with Shaka declared war upon me again around (10bc as well). I defeated Carthage and subsequently the Zulus who had thrown their armies uselessly against a General I had entrenched. By 480ad the Zulu like Carthage before them were brought to heel for their agression. The Germans likewise had been squashed by this time. At 620ad the English were likewise smooshed. The Mongols had by this time been squeezed out to the fringes of the artic North. The Americans having dealt to the Barbarian West saw fit to take the Celts down a notch, Gandhi having never been attacked had continued his powerful status building a few wonders (though not as wonderous as the eternal Mali), and China had taken the surrounding states as Vassals.

Spain of course saw fit to attack me in the North at around 1000AD. By this time my technological superiority had accelerated me far beyond anyone else and would remain so until the game became unplayable (me Modern Armour, them riflemen). 1124AD. The end of Gandhis glory as China and her vassals declare war. Meanwhile Capac having remained untroubled since the dawn of time had grown stong, and in a brief war took the Aztecs as Vassals, and subsequently the west of Americas barbarian cities. By 1436AD the Spanish like all before them were destroyed for their aggression. The USA was now a major contender. For the next 300 years a renaissance occured of peace and prosperity with numerous Great persons being born, but with peace comes arms consolodation. The Pacific was colonised, though Australia, New Zealand, and Indonesia still remained mostly barbarian despite numerous assaults. The peace broke as all of Asia declared war upon Egypt.

Waiting for a short while for Egypts armies to vacate their nation to fight upon neutral Arab land, I having built my (advanced) forces rushed into the vaccum and quickly took Egypt in the short time between 1736-52. Unfortunately I never finished the job as they were taken as vassals, but were relegated to a loose confederation of Island states. Simultaneously I had taken every Barbarian city in the South Pacific to consolodate global power, however Capac declared war on me. This was the most difficult issue, perhaps even more so than the Zulu hordes or Carthagian mercenaries. I had no navy. They did. My coast was pillaged, and they even managed to land troops several times. My vastly superior cannons made wooden mince of their trebuchets, but it took some time, until I could get Ironclads to rid my coast of the menace. Few cities on the coast produced ships fast enough. My best shipbuilders were Mozambique on the wrong coast, and the Spanish cities in Spain.

China expanded at the expense of everyone around her, especially Gandhi, though the Koreans while smaller repelled incursions without loosing territory. Greece had become the European power with an 'Empire' stretching across what would have been Germany and Russia.
1913, full scale invasion of South America, by '36 they had no S.American lands left, leaving me to procede North into their (former) Vassal Montezuma who in the chaos had broken away though foolishly maintating war against me. The Aztecs were so technologically backward my Destroyers literally rolled over their canoe fleets. By 1954 both Capac and Montezuma were dead. Meanwhile I had become the largest Pacific nation, and Tokugawa had been reduced to one city (and would remain that way).

After a brief lull, I decided to bring the haughty Americans down in the middle of their Golden age and continued pushing out in all directions against America (and subsequently their vassal Brenus). Just prior I had taken Korea for a Vassal, so they dealt to the minor artic cities meaning I didn't have to traverse the mountains. The huge fleets they had amassed in their isolationist period were no match for my Destroyers, but there were so many of them it was ridiculous. By 2010 both the Americans and Celts were destroyed.

Even though it was now the age of 'World Wars' due to defence treaties, it was instead a case of China and her vassals (six nations including even mighty Greece), me, Ragnar and his vassal Tokugawa, Cyrus, and Napoleon. Continuing the good works, I declared war on France and quickly leveled it from history by 2031. There was no longer anyone I could declare war on easily, and this is where the story ends due to eternal loading syndrome.

Are you using the Slavery civic?

You will get barbarians from that - even if you have built the Great Wall.

It represents the slaves revolting (e.g. Spartacus).

I get barbarians from the get go. i try turning them off in the set up and get no animals but just human barbarians - a different sort of animal...I'd like to turn them off completely as an option, but don't seem able to do that ie, the button to say no barbarians in the game set up , doesn't seem to actually produce no barbarians. any ideas? is this a bug? am I missing something?
on another topic, I would like to levels below noble, as i get regularly walloped on higher levels...and would still like to play and enjoy it. BTW, this mod does look good and I like the extra options and unit appearances etc..

hi everybody,

First off i would like to say that I love all the mods that you guys have given us over the past years. Keep up the awesome work. I keep having problems on both of the last realism mods. when i get to a certain time just before gunpowder, i keep getting errors and the game shuts off. so I will try and combat this issue by reformatting everything over again. Not sure if its because I bought a new nvidea 7900 card and i need to do this or if i did something wrong during the installation. so I will keep you updated on this.

I love to take my samurai's and walk through everyone!

heres to everyone helping out.... HAPPY NEW YEARS... ALL THE BEST!!!

and if anybody has this problem too please let me know if there is anything i should do to fix it other than the extreme case i mentioned.

The download site is not working right now. Anyone?

"but the game is eternally stuck with the loading cursor." I have the same problem, how come? I have more that 1gb of ram.

there are a lot of things that this mod need to work on... lag stability (make the lag disappear!). I like the city art work on all the civs, it's really nice and works great. However you do need custom music in the game other then the custom music from the intro.

I like your game and I play this game almost all the time, and there still need to be improvements I want to see

-Custom Soundtracks (just the soundtrack to listen to on all ages, something total realistic music for that age)
-Unit Wounds (I see the caravel get damage when it's hp get low, how about we do the same to units?)
-Land Scarring (I like to see the terrain look like a battlefield after it been fought over all the time)
-Judaism lovers (Almost every civ likes Christianity and no one like the Jewish religion.)
-Future Age (predict out future for once, something realistic)

I just wanted to say that I've played two games of Total Realism with the small mod I mentioned earlier: the ability to produce Wealth at 50% with Pottery (as opposed to 100% with Currency). Research I left at Alphabet but made it 50%, with 100% Research coming with Education. Culture stayed at Music, but also was set to 50% with 100% coming with Radio.

Playing both games at Monarch difficulty, I found it a bit more feasible. The first game I left almost too many cities set to producing Wealth so that I could keep up a half-decent research rate, and Japan quickly took advantage of my relative lack of units and invaded. In the second game, keeping about half my cities set to Wealth I was able to fund a pretty decent war with Germany, though I would say on Monarch they were pretty much equal to me and neither of us was able to get much of an advantage. Still, it beat the experience I'd had before of having my economy crumble to the point where I would fall behind on tech research ridiculously.

I honestly couldn't say what the effect of the mod would be on lower difficulty levels where maintenance isn't much of an issue. I think military units at low difficulty are free in the Ancient period, no? In which case most players would probably end up building a massive army and then go on a rampage and the wealth would be un-needed.

At any rate, I thought I'd let you know how my test went.

Top Bottom