[MOD] Speed Mod

The source code is linked in the first post.

when will this mod be compatible with other game speeds beside epic?

Yeah, the "epic game" is what Firaxis calls the normal unmodded non-scenario game because it sounds much better than "the game as it was intended before it was goofed with and broke by all those crazy people at civfantics".

I honestly don't see a difference between the Speed mod and a regular game.

What're the specs on your computer, Kael? It can't possibly be as bad as mine... Or maybe that has nothing to do with it? I'm just tired of the renaissance becoming butt slow on a large game with 4 civs already killed off.

I honestly don't see a difference between the Speed mod and a regular game.

What're the specs on your computer, Kael? It can't possibly be as bad as mine... Or maybe that has nothing to do with it? I'm just tired of the renaissance becoming butt slow on a large game with 4 civs already killed off.

Send me a save game where you have the slowdown and I'll check it out.

I was wondering if you noticed (i think you probably did) that the tech spalsh screen doesn't popup (no suprise). I realy like the tech splash. My goodness, I have almost memorized every saying!:crazy:

Now, I was thinking that maybe it might be better if you made it so the event manager worked more like Dr. Elmergiggles (did I get that right?) event manager system where you make a custom event manager and tell the main event manager what events you want to work with.

There is a new version of Speed Mod linked that fixes the tech popups and allows up to 36 players in one game.

Im not saying that having 36 players in one game is a good idea, it certainly will be slower than a normal game with 18 players. But if you have the CPU to handle it and want to give it a whirl Speed Mod is the best way to do it (since the engine is optomized for speed anyway).

Question: Does this mod work in concert with XML-only mods? It seems to function alright in concert with mine, although I've not done much testing...

Question: Does this mod work in concert with XML-only mods? It seems to function alright in concert with mine, although I've not done much testing...

Yeap, that should be fine.

I use 7 civilizations and I have a Intel Pentium Processor with a speed of 3.00 GHz.

If there is a patch for this, please add one in so I don't have to install everything again.

Is there a possebility to combine it with Blakes-KI Mod or do i have to ask blake for that?

Is there a possebility to combine it with Blakes-KI Mod or do i have to ask blake for that?

I dont think this is ready for a merge yet. I'd like to give it more playtest time (it is relativly new after all). But since Blake's AI mod doesn't touch python (as far as I know) the two mod should be compatible (as long as someone goes through and merges all the sdk code).

I use 7 civilizations and I have a Intel Pentium Processor with a speed of 3.00 GHz.

If there is a patch for this, please add one in so I don't have to install everything again.

There wont be a patch since the mod itself is less than a meg. Though I did move the mod to civfanatics instead of 3ddownloads so you dont have to wait to download it.

There wont be a patch since the mod itself is less than a meg. Though I did move the mod to civfanatics instead of 3ddownloads so you dont have to wait to download it.
Thank you.

*off topic question*

Kael, as you seem to have some good understanding of the game's inner mechanics, do you have any clue why it occupies ~50% processor utilization, even if the player is not doing anything?
I am not talking about intra-turn, nor any unit movement or whatever.
Let's assume you have done all your stuff during your turn and you just haven't pressed RETURN yet. Still, the game occupies these 50%...

(3.6 GHz P4, 2 GB RAM, 2 SLI-6800 GS, RAID-0 stripe etc. etc. etc... should be fast enough for the game, and no, nothing is running in the background...)

Top Bottom