[DOTO] Dawn Of The OverLords

i have bts 3.0.2.94 and overlord 1.2 installed, which makes me wonder ... anyway i can attach my savegame that crashes a few rounds in the game, if it doesnt crash after a few rounds there must be something wrong with my installation :)

edit: it crashes exactly after one round, when the austrians adopt warrior cast, but that is probably not the cause of the crash because other civs also have warrior cast and it didnt crash...

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-1552.CivBeyondSwordSave
    142.2 KB · Views: 178
One slightly annoying thing I've noticed - it seems that the AI really loves the attack promotions. They'll pick it almost exclusively over any other promo. Question is, is this smarts or stupidity on the AI's part?

thanks alot francky :)

i have yet another job,
heres another one to merge to the fonts:
the shinto religion icons.

:)
your my man !

**edit**
hey francky,
some of the icons wont work - the happines and some other ones....

**new version added**

I see that as son as possible

Hey Keldath -

This may already be included, but are we able to run more than 18 civs with your mod? If no - would you be able to add it in on the next update of the .dll file?

Thanks!

the issue with the attack promotion has been there since the promotions pack has been introduced, i always remember the ai picking attack promotions for attack units and city defense for defense units.
as for my game, i have played it for a while until i found out that the only way to build gunpowder units is to have sulfur and the only sulfur source on earth was on the other continent in the mighty russians territory, well for fun reasons i cheated every civ a sulfur source and continued playing. other than typos and in my opinion somewhat imbalanced wonders (one even with +20 great people) its fun to play, after a while my economy has become so powerful that i can crank out a powerful unit in alomst every city per turn, dunno if that is the same in the original game, maybe the modern unit costs should be increased or some buildings nerfed down ... (several of my cities have 200+ hammers per turn, the capital +800 money per turn).

imperator,

that is the exact feedback i needed acctually,

i didnt know how the fexfx speed will affect the gameprogress,
now i know.

ill post for you and others another minipatch with my edited speed (which i did some tests on for costs, inflations and more)

but...as i said....i should have tested the affects of speed mod on the game flow,

ill add the patch in a day or too.

i appriciate the help you give,
i kenw the mod will be unbalanced thats why i need help, i dont have the time to play,and besides,
almost every mod thats come out gets tons of patches to find the proper balance :)

another thing that interests me is if you have incorporated the possibility for units to have traits such as berserk, stalwart or heroes, it adds much flavor to the game by having special units to especially take care of. another question would be if you could incorporate modcomponents such as the unit statistics or the one where you get your unitstacks neatly displayed in columns?
anyways, thanks again for the patch, will play anoter game now :)

hey imperator,

well, in the promotions i added the heroes promotions - 1-5,
and stalwart,
but you can get them in an oreder - to have this you need this and so on.

gir,
made one of the best mods i ever played - he made the promotions to work in a very awesome system, i wish he would have done it for my mod,
its rally awesome.

well,
my goalwith this mod - not to over add modcomp, i want only those which affect gamely ad add stuff not too complicted,
for two reasons:
1. i dont know how to edit python nor sdk - only merge sdks.
2. i dot want the mod to include many mods - cause the more mods i have - the slower th game will run on late stages, more memory use, and unbarrable gameplay (hapened in warlords).

units stack sound not the problematic though.

anyway, for now,
i want first to blnce the mod s much as i can ,
before advancin on with more stuff.

after i get the speeds right - i wanna balace the civics more :)

thank you for playing :)

@Keldath

First of all thanks for such a wonderful mod.

I started a marathon game Yesterday. I felt that construction, training, improvement, etc. times are a little too much, even when my cities became mature enough.

I looked into the Civ4GameSpeedInfo.xml and I realized that the figures assigned are more than what is required by number of turns ratio.

I know from previous posts that you have made adjustments to these figures. What was your rational for these adjustments?

hey kalimakhus,

i thank you for the reply,

on th lst config', i did it to fast, so i ajusted the speeds so it wont be fast bulid.

im still tryng to get the right forula for the proper speed,
if you know your way on the speed xml,
i would love you to change what is needed to make it a better ratio.

im no expert on the speeds, so im doing trail and error on the file.
so, if you have any suggestions on which numbers should be -by al means tell me :)

Top Bottom