[BtS] Rise of Mankind

About GameFont file again. Some resources (I noticed Salt) don't have icons. I think maybe if they are added the city bar would be fixed as well. Rationally these are different sections of the file and shouldn't interfere with each other. But I can't find any other cause for the missed-up city bar. It seems as icons are used with an offset of two cells if there are two resources with missing icons this would be the answer.
I fiddled again with gamefont files as well. There's definately something odd going on. When I added gamefont_75.tga file the fish bonus went missing as well on city screen. I have no idea what causes issue there.

Well I think the number of wonders should be paced up just 1 notch;)
I'll increase it by 1. I have met the 3 limit to be bit problem as well in my own games.

However there is something that needs to be fixed about trade. I have loads of lemons that i can trade with the computer AI but ... He will never accept any agreement. Why ? Because the lemons are valueless, just as are coffee, coton and pearls (even if pearls may be a little usefull later in the game i guess).
You should add a health bonus or an happy face for those ressources to be tradable, and maybe include them in the ressources that buildings like markets use to improve the bonuses

Just another thing, how does the game run with a gigantic map on your computers ? I've an Opteron X2 @2.5 ghz, 2 Gb of DDR1 @250 mhz and a Radeon X1950XT (a former high end computer so) and during a turn it's quite playable, but not really fluid. And when switching from one turn to another it becomes a nightmare, i've never seen the game lagging that way :eek:
I'll look into those resources. They were supposed to be added to different buildings to give happiness/health.

I usually run on huge map with marathon game speed and on Prince difficulty level as I try to balance this mod for huge map and marathon speed. I added 2 bigger map types just because I know there's people with high end computers and who just like to have big maps (was friend's request).

Hm, didn't you forgot the new leaders from BTS ? ^^
Aren't they there? Or do you mean some leaders from the BTS scenarios/mods?

Only miss the little factor thats in the mod Extra(I believe) that you could se a smiley face beside the other nations how they feel about you

Nice to track who's you friends;D
Oh, that's good feature. I'll try to add it some point.

Some things i noticed:

Researching the normal way without specializing wont get you anywhere in this mod. You have to set certain cities to either mint or research. I dont know if this is intended or not.

Crusaders exploring rival territory this could be a posible exploit, just build a bunch put them behind enemy lines and declare war.

catapults didnt do damage against a city of mine which had walls, castle and high walls.

Also if possible could there be some early version of cannon? 12 seems a bit too steep. coming from medieval units. mortar perhaps?

Really enjoying the mod thanks for all the hard work!
Yeah, you must specialize your cities in this mod.

Crusaders will change at some point. There was supposed to be religion specific crusader units but it's been time issue with all the additions. Currently it's just converted from Epic mod.

I've been experimenting with upgradeable building lines which means that walls upgrade to high walls and when High walls is finished normal Walls is going to be disabled in the city. Same will happen with Harbor->Port->Commercial Port->International Port and with some other buildings as well. There's still few bugs left in the system and once I have them fixed I can add this feature completely to the mod.

By the way, when you said that you catapults didn't do any damage, did you attack with them directly ie. tried to move catapult to city or did you bombard city defenses? Bombarding should decrease city defenses.

I had Bombard unit on my to-do-units list, just hadn't found any graphics files for it before the initial release. So yes there will be new siege unit type between trebuchet and cannon. Modern time Mortars would be nice addition as well - I served in mortar troops during my army time so I know great deal about those units. ;)

I like the units and the new additions, but I hope you can incorporate the latest unit creations as well.
I will, once I get that internet line open at my home. I have been visiting my cousin and "loaned" his internet connection to download mods and upload my own mods.. he's probably relieved when I'm not going to visit him every second day. :D

The ethiopian Oromo warrior doesnt need sulphur. Its the UU that replaces the musketman.

Who wants to build a brothel the neg is bigger that the happy face. Some buildings that give a happy face arent available until later and the choice buildings which give are happy face are funny :0

The upgrade from heavy swordsman to rifle is 80. From musketman to rifle its 110 that doesnt make sense. How is it calculated anyway amount of hammers ?

I CTD 'ed when i clicked the link to shaft mine in the biology tech popup.

Oh and Hannibal or William of Orange can use a color change when they are in the game together you cant make out the borders.

back to the game...
Brothel building had it's effects changed in the conversion since I hadn't DLL in the mod anymore. CCCP's DLL in the warlords added some new xml tags to buildings and Brothel were using them. Effects for that building will be changed later again.

I'll fix the Oromo Warrior and I'll check the upgrade costs as well. I'm not sure how they are calculated but it's probably related to unit hammer cost.

An early "bombard" unit would work for this, say around strength 10... sounds great. There are graphics for one in the File DB by woodelf, I believe.
Thanks, I'll get that unit and add it. :)

Also, I think the civic addition sucks. I agree that we need a better system, the system you use seems to further complicate things with several silly ways to implement civics. [State property doesn't inherently mean less GP, etc...]
Any suggestions what would be good effects for State Property? Or any other civic options?

Screw propeller only has an icon shown for ironclad and not transport and early destroyer.

Heavy pikeman upgrades to nothing.
Transport and Early destroyer can be built on later techs - Screw propeller is just one tech requirement for those units.

And another thing I miss from the mod Extra(I guess) is the notice 1 turn before if a city is gonna grow and if that city is gonna be unhappy.
My main problem is that I have to check each city for about 5 turn intervall if they gonna grow and if they gonna be unhappy when they do so.

But otherwise I just simple love this mod;) even tough all the Ai dont even touch the religion techs. and another thing. I like the christian way of life so I want to get to Theology fast as possible but on the way I have to have allmost each of the early religions.

Anyway to make Theology some other req techs?
Seems I have to download this Extra mod and see what's in it. ;) I usually set my cities to "Turn on avoid growth" when I notice that they are going to get unhappy. I guess you could try that as well.

I haven't found any religions yet in my games. I play always with random civ and I guess a religious one hasn't been yet my civ. But I've noticed that religions have been found usually all around the map and around "the correct" times which was one of the things I wanted to have in this mod. Downside was indeed that religious techs are bit linear techs now. If you have good ideas how to edit requirements for those techs, I'm all ears.

Hi Man,

Interesting, very interesting mod. A good one ! :)

Just a note: Total Realism Team members aren't those you write in credits.:p
As a member, i only suggest you to write: TR Team. ;)

Hian the Frog.
Noted. I'll change it. I guess the version I had was from early this year and haven't checked how that mod has changed past 6 months.

this mod avoid the early unit rush to kill your closest neigthbour...
there are a lot of buildings to build... but i affraid that if you build all of them your are going to be backward in military or in expansion of your empire..
any strategies?
Specialize your cities.

Hallo,
i have a Prob. with sulfur. It never reveals on the map when I discover the Tech.:eek:
Every Time I have to put it on the map by myself with the Worldbuilder. I have BTS v. 3.03.

In the Overlord 2 Mod i have the same Prob. with sulfur and rubber.

Any ideas?:confused:
What map type are you using? At least Great Plains map type doesn't know how to add those new resources to the map.

Which reminds me that even the most smalles civs are getting on to par with techs which annoyes me alot. Maybe a system ala VISA where you get tech leak? and a small amount when you conquer a city?
Yup, tech leak would be nice feature to have. Probably will be added if I someday get DLL file for this mod.

Pikemen arn't replaced by or upgrade to heavy pike. Heavy pike don't upgrade.
Gunpowder units don't get bonuses from barracks, meeting hall or garrison but these buildings don't become obsolete so you still have to pay for them :)
Ups, I have to check those buildings. Those should go obsolete when gunpowder units become common (infantry). Garrison should give bonus to Gunpowder units. I'll check those pikemen units too.

Thanks for the long update. Looking forward to the weekend. There are many new units to incorporate. :)

Also, can you check the requirements for ocean faring transport ships. It has been 200 years since I discovered a new continent, but I cannot send settlers.

And there's a repeating CTD around 1200AD just before the discovery of gunpowder. After the crash, my desktop screen resolution and color balance is messed up. I need to restart the computer.

Seems I have to download this Extra mod and see what's in it. ;) I usually set my cities to "Turn on avoid growth" when I notice that they are going to get unhappy. I guess you could try that as well.

Btw very nice of you to listen to us gamers about stuff;)

Yeah that is what im doing to but then I have to check each city about how much it can handle before the people gets pissed off about space etc;)
Nice with a little heads up like "London is growing to 23 population next turn" followed by "London's citizents are gonna be unhappy next turn" or London's citizents are gonna be unhealty next turn"

And thanks again for a great mod!:goodjob:

Another problem about trade (but maybe not coming from the mod, i don't remember my very old games on Civ4 ;) )

The computer IA refuses to trade strategic ressources such as Iron and Horses, even if i have very good relationships with him, and even if i offer the skin of my a*s + enough money / turn to buy an empire :eek:
I'm playing the game at Emperor level, so i expect that unfriendly neighbours won't trade that, and it will be expensive with the others. But none of the 17 AI players accepts trading those ressources. And on the other hand they will trade my copper or my sulphur almost for free ...

I also saw an event happening "the Americans are going to help their French friends in their war effort by providing them strategic ressources supply", but actually nothing happened, they didn't give me anything, and when i tried to make a deal no way to obtain iron :(

edit: I've just noticed a funny (bug ?) with the brothel ... In the IA's cities it's giving +26 happy faces / library, university etc ... :lol:

You are right about garrisons, barracks and meeting halls.

Swordmen upgrade to macemen and heavy sword but not light sword. You can still build swordmen up until you get the tech for heavy sword.

None of this makes me stop playing :)

When building a worker for the first time you are congratulated for obtaining your first armored unit! (funny but I guess it is a bug)

In addition, you are congratulated to have built your first naval unit :p

I'm just in the first turns now, but it looks quite promising! Keep up the good work! :goodjob:

The computer IA refuses to trade strategic ressources such as Iron and Horses, even if i have very good relationships with him, and even if i offer the skin of my a*s + enough money / turn to buy an empire :eek:
I'm playing the game at Emperor level, so i expect that unfriendly neighbours won't trade that, and it will be expensive with the others. But none of the 17 AI players accepts trading those ressources. And on the other hand they will trade my copper or my sulphur almost for free ...

I also saw an event happening "the Americans are going to help their French friends in their war effort by providing them strategic ressources supply", but actually nothing happened, they didn't give me anything, and when i tried to make a deal no way to obtain iron :(

edit: I've just noticed a funny (bug ?) with the brothel ... In the IA's cities it's giving +26 happy faces / library, university etc ... :lol:
I've noticed also that AI players won't trade easilly their strategic resources. I haven't yet found any reasons why they won't trade them. It might be some wrong value in some xml tag - just have to find it and fix it (if it's that kind of bug).

I have no idea why that event didn't give resource to you but I'll try to locate that event and see what it actually does.. might be bug in python code that handles events (new resources not added to events yet).

That brothel bug is odd indeed. I have checked that building's xml tags and it is set to give happiness to Barracks, Harbor, Port and Carthage Cothon. Why it gives happiness to library or university is a mystery to me.

You are right about garrisons, barracks and meeting halls.

Swordmen upgrade to macemen and heavy sword but not light sword. You can still build swordmen up until you get the tech for heavy sword.
Those are fixed in version 0.9.

In addition, you are congratulated to have built your first naval unit :p
That is also fixed in version 0.9.

I have v0.9 almost ready now. Here's the current changelog for that version:

Spoiler :
Version 0.9
-----------

Techs
-----
- added missing strategy entry for Trade tech
- Conglomerates enabled
- Democracy enabled, requires now Writing
- Social Contract enabled
- Chariotry research cost decreased from 110 to 100, same now as for Animal husbandry
- Theology requires Literature instead of Writing, it requires now also Calendar
- Monotheism requires now Writing
- Icon for Trade tech swapped

Buildings
---------
- Test: Port is now upgrade to Harbor ie. Harbor is disabled in city when it has been upgraded to Port. Harbor's effects are included in Port's effects.
- Customs house no longer require Port to be in same city. This requirement was removed due to avoid issues with Harbor to Port upgrade path
- Garrison gives 2xp to Recon and Siege units
- Barracks obsolete at Leadership (same tech when you can start building Garrisons)
- Grocer gives health bonus from Lemon
- Bazaar gives happiness from Pearls
- Ceremonial altar gives happiness from Hemp
- Commercial Port gives happiness from Coffee
- Market gives happiness from Cotton
- Supermarket gives health from Potato
- Mall gives health from Potato
- Butchery gives health from Salt
- Fisherman's Hut gives health from Salt
- Walls bombard defense from 30% to 20%
- Dun bombard defense from 30% to 20%
- High Walls bombard defense from 50% to 30%
- Castle bombard defense from 25% to 20%
- Spanish Castle bombard defense from 25% to 20%
- Bioenhancement Center moved to Human/Machine Interface tech

Wonders
-------
- Edinburgh's Castle bombard defense from 50% to 25%
- Missing strategy entry for Circus Maximus (no strategy text though yet)
- Computer Center national wonder added, req. Advanced Computers tech

Civics
------
- Majority rule added, req. Democracy, government is lead by all men who decide together ie. direct democracy
- Capitalism added, req. conglomerates, Government is lead by multi-national megacorporations
- Martial Law added, req. Representative Democracy
- Serfdom can sacrifice population to finish production
- Contracting added
- Barter added
- Global market added
- Health Care civic category added
- Shamanism added
- Herbalism added
- Private Health care added
- Regulated health care added
- Government funded H.C added
- Subzidized H.C added
- Universal Antidote added
- Education civic category added
- Ignorance added
- Military Training added
- Heritage added
- Apprenticeship added
- Private schools added
- Public Schools added
- Virtual schools added
- Instant learning added
- Nationhood doesn't give happiness from Barracks (Barracks obsolete before nationhood enabled)
- Tribal Law added (not in correct spot in civic option list)

Events
------
- Tornado may destroy new improvement types
- Some tech requirement adjustments
- Black Pearls event bonus req changed to Pearls (was clam)
- Shaft mine improvement added to events that require Mine
- New ship types added to some events
- New swordsman classes added to few events
- Potato added to some farm events
- Tea event requires Port instead of Harbor
- Few events that might give bonus to Harbors, give now bonus also to Ports

Units
-----
- Heavy Pikeman upgrades to Rifleman and Grenadier
- Ottoman Janissary requires Sulphur
- Ethiopian Oromo Warrior requires Sulphur
- Pikeman upgrades to Heavy Pikeman, requires now copper or iron
- Holy Roman Landsknecht upgrades to Heavy Pikeman
- Machinegun gets +75% bonus against archery units and +100% bonus against melee & animal units, upgrades to Armored Car
- Nanite Cloud can see invisible Hi-tech units
- Genetic soldier is now invisible to most units (some Hi-tech units can see them), they also see most invisible units
- Super Soldier is now invisible to most units (some Hi-tech units can see them), they also see most invisible units
- Swordsman and Light Swordsman have swapped names for clearer order of unit names: 1st Light Swordsman, then Swordsman and last Heavy Swordsman.
- Former Light Swordsman requires now Copper or Iron
- Hypaspists replaces Light Swordsman for Greek
- Prodromoi replaces Horseman for Greek
- Peltist replaces Archer for Greek
- Companion Cavalry replaces Horse Archer for Greek
- Javelin Thrower replaces Archer for Mongol
- Mounted Infantry moved to Horse Breeding and it requires now Bronze Working instead of Iron Working
- Mounted Mongol Swordsman replaces Mounted Infantry for Mongol
- Asian War Galley replaces War Galley in Asian unit artstyle, it doesn't replace Caravel anymore
- Cost of Musketman units has been raised from 80 to 90. It's name same as Heavy Swordsman's cost and upgrade cost to Rifleman for both units is the same sum of gold.

Python
------
- Harbor to Port upgrade
- Fix for Advisor messages, building first worker unit no longer give advisor messages for first Armor or Naval unit been built.
- Adjustments to Civic screen so that more civics can be displayed
- Column adjustments to pedia screens, less scrolling on main pedia screens

Other
-----
- Max World Wonders per city increased from 3 to 4
- Jungle cut production from 0 to 20
- Safari improvement jungle cut time from 800 to 400 (same now as in other improvements)

I would have uploaded it today but unfortunately I haven't located one bug that causes CTD when loading the mod. I know the problem is related to last few unit flavor graphics that I had enabled - just have to locate the exact problem, fix it and after that I can upload the patch. I hope that'll be tomorrow. :)

Can you also include Keymod v.1.2? It has excellent unit graphics that would add a lot to the fun we get playing your mod.

That brothel bug is odd indeed. I have checked that building's xml tags and it is set to give happiness to Barracks, Harbor, Port and Carthage Cothon. Why it gives happiness to library or university is a mystery to me.

To me the bug isn't only that those buildings are giving happiness (in the civilopedia it's also written Brothel gives hapiness for Library, University and a few more buildings).
The main problem is the amount of happy faces. In the IA's city i was spying it was 3 x 26 = 78 :D

Following the suggestions i played a small quik map. But yet again i crashed in the industrial age. I cant tell what is causing it. I can send you the windows crash report if you want.

Can you also include Keymod v.1.2? It has excellent unit graphics that would add a lot to the fun we get playing your mod.
Yes, I can. That mod was already on my list on "mods to be combine". Though it will take some time before I reach the point when I can add all those units. It will be probably after version 1.0 so maybe in v1.1. ;) I first want to enable all the units that I had in Epic mod and there's like 30 or more flavor units not yet enabled. I was hoping to have enabled more of them for version 0.9 but I was having lots of CTDs with some units so enabling them all has been bit delayed.

To me the bug isn't only that those buildings are giving happiness (in the civilopedia it's also written Brothel gives hapiness for Library, University and a few more buildings).
The main problem is the amount of happy faces. In the IA's city i was spying it was 3 x 26 = 78 :D
If someone knows or finds reason why this is happening, I'd like to hear about it. At the moment I think it's bug in the game engine. :(

Following the suggestions i played a small quik map. But yet again i crashed in the industrial age. I cant tell what is causing it. I can send you the windows crash report if you want.
Windows crash report won't help me much but perhaps you could reload that game and write down what events/things happened just before crash (ctrl+tab to show event log). Those logs might give some clues.

I have now uploaded version 0.9 so check my first post on this thread. Download link is there. If you have crash issue after patching the mod, clear Beyond the Sword cache by holding shift button during start up (or disable caches from civilizationIV.ini).

Version 0.9 changelog:
Spoiler :

Techs
-----
- added missing strategy entry for Trade tech
- Conglomerates enabled
- Democracy enabled, requires now Writing, cost decreased
- Social Contract enabled
- Chariotry research cost decreased from 110 to 100, same now as for Animal husbandry
- Theology requires Literature instead of Writing, it requires now also Calendar
- Monotheism requires now Writing
- Icon for Trade tech swapped

Buildings
---------
- Test: Port is now upgrade to Harbor ie. Harbor is disabled in city when it has been upgraded to Port. Harbor's effects are included in Port's effects.
- Customs house no longer require Port to be in same city. This requirement was removed due to avoid issues with Harbor to Port upgrade path
- Garrison gives 2xp to Recon and Siege units
- Barracks obsolete at Leadership (same tech when you can start building Garrisons)
- Grocer gives health bonus from Lemon
- Bazaar gives happiness from Pearls
- Ceremonial altar gives happiness from Hemp
- Commercial Port gives happiness from Coffee
- Market gives happiness from Cotton
- Supermarket gives health from Potato
- Mall gives health from Potato
- Butchery gives health from Salt
- Fisherman's Hut gives health from Salt
- Walls bombard defense from 30% to 20%
- Dun bombard defense from 30% to 20%
- High Walls bombard defense from 50% to 30%
- Castle bombard defense from 25% to 20%
- Spanish Castle bombard defense from 25% to 20%
- Bioenhancement Center moved to Human/Machine Interface tech

Wonders
-------
- Edinburgh's Castle bombard defense from 50% to 25%
- Missing strategy entry for Circus Maximus (no strategy text though yet)
- Computer Center national wonder added, req. Advanced Computers tech

Civics
------
- Majority rule added, req. Democracy, government is lead by all men who decide together ie. direct democracy
- Capitalism added, req. conglomerates, Government is lead by multi-national megacorporations
- Martial Law added, req. Representative Democracy
- Serfdom can sacrifice population to finish production
- Contracting added
- Barter added
- Global market added
- Health Care civic category added
- Shamanism added
- Herbalism added
- Private Health care added
- Regulated health care added
- Government funded H.C added
- Subzidized H.C added
- Universal Antidote added
- Education civic category added
- Ignorance added
- Military Training added
- Heritage added
- Apprenticeship added
- Private schools added
- Public Schools added
- Virtual schools added
- Instant learning added
- Nationhood doesn't give happiness from Barracks (Barracks obsolete before nationhood enabled)
- Tribal Law added (not in correct spot in civic option list)

Events
------
- Tornado may destroy new improvement types
- Some tech requirement adjustments
- Black Pearls event bonus req changed to Pearls (was clam)
- Shaft mine improvement added to events that require Mine
- New ship types added to some events
- New swordsman classes added to few events
- Potato added to some farm events
- Tea event requires Port instead of Harbor
- Few events that might give bonus to Harbors, give now bonus also to Ports

Units
-----
- Heavy Pikeman upgrades to Rifleman and Grenadier
- Ottoman Janissary requires Sulphur
- Ethiopian Oromo Warrior requires Sulphur
- Pikeman upgrades to Heavy Pikeman, requires now copper or iron
- Holy Roman Landsknecht upgrades to Heavy Pikeman
- Machinegun gets +75% bonus against archery units and +100% bonus against melee & animal units, upgrades to Armored Car
- Nanite Cloud can see invisible Hi-tech units
- Genetic soldier is now invisible to most units (some Hi-tech units can see them), they also see most invisible units
- Super Soldier is now invisible to most units (some Hi-tech units can see them), they also see most invisible units
- Swordsman and Light Swordsman have swapped names for clearer order of unit names: 1st Light Swordsman, then Swordsman and last Heavy Swordsman.
- Former Light Swordsman requires now Copper or Iron
- Hypaspists replaces Light Swordsman for Greek
- Prodromoi replaces Horseman for Greek
- Peltist replaces Archer for Greek
- Companion Cavalry replaces Horse Archer for Greek
- Javelin Thrower replaces Archer for Mongol
- Mounted Infantry moved to Horse Breeding and it requires now Bronze Working instead of Iron Working
- Mounted Mongol Swordsman replaces Mounted Infantry for Mongol
- Asian War Galley replaces War Galley in Asian unit artstyle, it doesn't replace Caravel anymore
- Cost of Musketman units has been raised from 80 to 90. It's now same as Heavy Swordsman's cost and upgrade cost to Rifleman for both units is the same sum of gold.
- ACV strategy pedia entry fixed, was completely missing

Python
------
- Harbor to Port upgrade
- Fix for Advisor messages, building first worker unit no longer give advisor messages for first Armor or Naval unit been built.
- Adjustments to Civic screen so that more civics can be displayed
- Sevopedia 2.3.1 combined
- Attitude icons for main screen civ list

Other
-----
- Max World Wonders per city increased from 3 to 4
- Jungle cut production from 0 to 20
- Safari improvement jungle cut time from 800 to 400 (same now as in other improvements)
- new resources and attitude icons added to gamefont_75.tga

I carry on posting my testing impressions ;)

1°) There is something wrong with the bonuses against bombardment. Wall (30%) + high wall (50%) + Castle (25%) = 105%. The siege weapons stop to be effective and the AI armies stay stuck in front of a city trying to destroy a wall they can't destroy ... There are 2 solutions :
- decrease the bonuses so that it cannot be over 90-95% with all buildings
- Add an instruction to the AI so that it tries another city if it has no gunpowder siege weapons or try massives attack without bombardements in that case.
Maximum bombard defense is now 70% in version 0.9. This should resolve this issue.

2°) Crossbowmen requiring Iron ??? Why ? I know the bow of heavy crossbows is made of steel, but it can be made of wood too, and that unit could be really useful for ironless civilizations to survive ;)
You're correct about that. I've probably thought that they wear metal armors as well ;) But I'll make change for it or add new Light crossbowmen unit that doesn't have that iron requirement.

3°) The canon should appear later. At the place it has it's an overkill, blowing almost everything. And it should require sulphur to be built too, not only iron.

4°) There should be an early canon appearing at the tech "invention", the bombard. Requiring iron/cooper + sulphur, maybe a strengh of 6-7 with a good bonus against towns (it was very long to set in position, so really usefull only against fortifications ;) )
And then, maybe sulphur could appear not at "gunpowder" tech but for exemple at a new tech called "alchemy", coming sooner, maybe near "guilds" (just a though that needs improvements, as revealing sulphur at another tech means "gunpowder" becomes useless)
Cannon will be changed to later tech when I have added Bombard unit to the mod. Just haven't had time to do this yet. Probably on version 1.0. In my mod Invention tech was originally Alchemy tech. Anyway, siege units will have changes in later versions. :)

Nice to see my comments aren't useless :goodjob:

I restart a game with rev. 0.9 and i hope that time i will reach the industrial area :)

Hi! Greate mod!
I have a problem: game crashes trying to load a mod after I`ve installed 0.9 patch (on "init XML" moment). 0.8 works normaly. What shell I do?

Sorry, it's ok now. I've reinstalled both 0.8 and 0.9 and problem is gone.

@zappara

Downloaded the 0.9 patch. Unfortunately it CTDs while loading.
Could you tell me what kind of system are you running BtS? Did you clear out BtS cache?

Here's a trick that might help: On my own computer I had to delete manually old BtS cache files after I had a streak of CTDs during loading when I was testing some units. To find the cache folder find path that is something like this: c:\documents&settings\[your windows login name]\Local Settings\Application data\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Cache. I deleted whole cache folder, BtS will create it again once game is started again. That folder might be on different places on different operating systems. My example is from Windows 2000.

I installed this morning the version 0.8 and then unzipped patch 0.9 to it and it was working fine at my home. After that I uploaded it here.

Anyone else experiencing CTDs during load with v0.9?

I followed your instructions and deleted the cash folder. I still got a CTD at the same point. I even suspected Blue Marble (though 0.8 worked fine with it). So I uninstalled it, still no change.

Edit: I will try a clean installation of 0.8 then patch it with 0.9

Edit: Clean installation didn't work :(

Top Bottom