[UXP] Legends of Revolutions

for some reason when I downlaod this game to win rar it will not extract? It keeps saying there are errors...file corrupt? Every other mod I have ever downloaded has worked fine w/ winrar. Am I missing something? I download to my desktop, then extract there, then cut and paste to mod folder. very simple. This is the first mod where I keep encountering problems. Any advice?

It's an .exe that installs itself when you double click. If you really want to though, there is a zip version available as well. Both links are in the OP.

@everyone, thanks to EmperorFool and Snarko I get the enlightened trait working :)
Now I'm trying to make it so that if you upgrade a unit to a different UnitCombatType the price doubles, then I need to scour the artdefines file and see about fixing some units for low graphics settings (alot of units are set up to only display properly for the shadernif, which if set on super low graphics means the unit will display super crappy). That last bit is tedious, but anyway, once that's done 0.9 will be uploaded. Though I should have a 0.9 test version up before I do all that tedious art defines stuff within the day.

Amazing mod! I just noticed the new vassalage effects; so cool! As for the extra unique units, I played as the Chinese and had a couple, but they just had their vanilla unit stats? I guess this is intentional? I'm not sure I see the point though, as they already had unique graphics, so changing the name really just makes it more confusing to figure out what a unit is.

You should consider adding some more info to the initial posts about the new and tweaked gameplay elements. Case in point, I lost a worker on the edge of my empire to an expansionist civ's 3-move scout (didn't realize expansionist leaders got the mobility promotion added to scouts as well as settlers) - that's interesting, because I thought scouts couldn't even capture units since they can't attack.

Anyway, it seems pretty cool so far, I'm especially grateful for the barbarian world option. Also, I'm seeing a new diplo option - "cease bothering us" or something - I'm guessing that means "don't contact me during my turn and offer to drag me into a pointless war/embargo with one of my friends"?

what's the giant earth mod? And why would the default units make it less accessible???

It's just a really big map. Since larger maps tend to run slower, I was just wondering if a graphical redesign of default units was a potential avenue to fix this

Just d/l'd and tried twice, CTD both times at around turn 25, default settings other than increased number of CIV's to 25. Suggestions?

It's just a really big map. Since larger maps tend to run slower, I was just wondering if a graphical redesign of default units was a potential avenue to fix this

Sure it would help with performance, IF you could manage to simplify the default units any from what they are now. Not sure how much it would help, if it would be noticeable at all.The default units are already really low detail but any 3d model can be made simpler, you would just wind up with a really blocky looking model. Also all the ethnic units currently in LoR are pretty close to what the vanilla default units are. There are alot that could be chiseled down even more, but thats a huge job considering how many different arts there are.

Just d/l'd and tried twice, CTD both times at around turn 25, default settings other than increased number of CIV's to 25. Suggestions?
Can you upload a save from before the crash

Yes definately, there are no known critical bugs; if you found one I'd like to see it so I can squash it asap. So please upload that save. Also any information related to the crash, or just what's going on in the game around the time of the crash may help as well. I have made a note of your report under the critical section in known bugs, and I'd like to remove that blemish from this mod's information section. So please post a save so I can work on it.

I don't know, I haven't been able to get Blue Marble as a zip, or just get it to install so that I can see it's file structure... So I don't know how Blue Marble works :dunno: I asked in the Blue marble thread, but no response from the creator.

The 0.9 test build is being worked on. I had to move the Leonardo's Workshop code over to the SDK to take into account a new affect, whereby if an upgrade results in a change of UnitCombat, as in Cav upgrading to Armor, or Pathfinders upgrading to cav, etc, the cost doubles (as per user request). So anyway, I have to do a fresh rebuild of the gamecore everytime I change a header file... which sucks, it takes about an hour and a half to do on this old machine. So anyway, once I'm done testing that, and it works right, then I'll upload the test build. I work on the Unit art stuff later, I want to get a 0.9 test build out now. Just be aware that from now on any test build hasn't gone through any testing other then loading a game and checking things work right, so I can't vouch for it's stability. Though that's going to be the point of the test builds from here on out, so that they can get tested well for any unforseen bugs before an official release.

As long as you're into the upgrade code, can you make Grenadiers upgradeable to Marines? Currently they upgrade to either Infantry or Machineguns, iirc, but I generally keep them as city attackers, and Marine upgrades would be preferable. If I upgrade them to Infantry, I have to sift through my stack all the time, looking for the ones with the right promotions in amongst all the city defenders.

Sorry, not going to do that. As is now granadiers can upgrade to infantry which in turn can upgrade to marines, so that path is functional anyway. And Infantry with 18str +bonuses are going to be better city attackers then grenadiers anyway, so grens are really obsolete with inf.

Edit: If you personally want to make that change, you can do it simply with the XML. Open op the UnitInfos file in the XML, use the find function with notpad for Unit_Grenadier, then change:

Code:
			<UnitClassUpgrades>
				<UnitClassUpgrade>
					<UnitClassUpgradeType>UNITCLASS_INFANTRY</UnitClassUpgradeType>
					<bUnitClassUpgrade>1</bUnitClassUpgrade>
				</UnitClassUpgrade>
			</UnitClassUpgrades>
to
Code:
			<UnitClassUpgrades>
				<UnitClassUpgrade>
					<UnitClassUpgradeType>[B]UNITCLASS_MARINE[/B]</UnitClassUpgradeType>
					<bUnitClassUpgrade>1</bUnitClassUpgrade>
				</UnitClassUpgrade>
			</UnitClassUpgrades>

Sorry, not going to do that. As is now granadiers can upgrade to infantry which in turn can upgrade to marines, so that path is functional anyway. And Infantry with 18str +bonuses are going to be better city attackers then grenadiers anyway, so grens are really obsolete with inf.

Ah, maybe I'm just misunderstanding the way it works, then? I just have to upgrade them to infantry first, then I can upgrade them to Marines? Or is the Grenadier->Infantry->Marine path new in LoR (I haven't gotten to the modern era yet; assumed it was the same as WolfRev)?

Upgrade pathing works the same as in default Civ. So that Grenadiers (who only have one upgrade: Infantry) can upgrade to infantry, and are no longer available for building once infantry become available. If you still have some grenadiers around when you get Industrialism, they can then be upgraded to Infantry or Marines, or any other unitclass that infantry upgrade to. Nothing has changed in this regard from regular old civ. The only change I'm making to upgrading (which isn't out yet) is that if a unit upgrades to a new UnitCombatType it will cost twice as much, I will likely reduce the overall cost of upgrading by 20% or so to account for this (which fortunately is actually easily changeable in the XML, as that's just a strait value that uses an XML set variable, the whole changing cost thing when a different UnitCombtType results is a function, which requires real programming in the SDK or Python, I'm using the SDK here).

I think the saves are already gone, but I will try to re-create today and upload.

Sorry, I'm not being clear. In the WolfRev games I've played, I've had Grenadiers when I've been able to build Marines, and I could upgrade them to Infantry, but not Marines. Is that not intended?

Here you go, turn 38 CTD, one thing I though of, I have Civ installed on my D drive if that makes any difference.

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-3400.zip
    168.4 KB · Views: 190
Thanks Iceman, what version is this? I'm assuming 0.8.2, but just making sure it's not an older one from when it was hosted in the WolfRev thread. Will check it out now.

Top Bottom