Civil War Scenario for G&K

FramedArchitect

Reluctant Modder
*A Divided Nation*
It is 1861, and the southern half of the United States has declared its independence and seceded from the Union. You have until 1871 (120 Turns) to reunify the Nation by controlling 80% of the United State's population. Play as the Union or the Confederacy on an accurate map of the eastern U.S.

*Scenario Concepts*
Includes many new Industrial-era techs, units, and buildings, several unique to the United States. Features new civ-specific Policy Branches reflecting Civil War laws, and new resources including Tobacco, Rations and Rifles. For help, see the PDFs in the Mod folder.

Download:
American Civil War Scenario v.11

*How to Load*
Activate Mod => Single Player => Custom Game => American Civil War => Load Mod

*Requires Gods and Kings Expansion!* Do not load this scenario with any mod that changes base game attributes. UI only mods, like IGE and InfoAddict, should function.

Attachments

• steam_lincoln.jpg
    steam_lincoln.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 1,479
  • steam_battle.jpg
    steam_battle.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 2,247
  • steam_policies.jpg
    steam_policies.jpg
    342.6 KB · Views: 1,435
  • steam_supplychains.jpg
    steam_supplychains.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 1,470
  • steam_techtree.jpg
    steam_techtree.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 1,442
  • steam_davis.jpg
    steam_davis.jpg
    380.2 KB · Views: 1,368
Looks very well done, and nice to see the hidden G&K units revealed :goodjob:

Found this on Steam recently: looks like a great use of the unused assets, and with some interesting game concepts added.

Thanks a lot for making this, I'm looking forward to having a proper go. :D

Great scenario! I played it for three days straight and somehow managed to win with CSA on the hardest difficulty. It was a very fun challenge. Thank you.
Could you upload v.2 on this site. I'm having problems getting it on steam. I've followed the instructions to subscribe, etc but still am not having any luck.

Great scenario! I played it for three days straight and somehow managed to win with CSA on the hardest difficulty. It was a very fun challenge. Thank you.
Could you upload v.2 on this site. I'm having problems getting it on steam. I've followed the instructions to subscribe, etc but still am not having any luck.

Hi Demulon, Thanks for the comment. I am not keen on uploading mods to this site, actually. Generally the staff sit on the CiV mods in moderation queue for over a week, sometimes over two, during which time I usually alter the mod yet again...

I know Steam is glitchy on downloads, but this is usually solved by deleting the CiV cache folder. I linked a guide on this in the mod description on Steam. v.3 will be out this week on Steam.

Best, FA

I have played it several times..... My only concern was that is was extremely difficult to take any city even with 5-6 rifle brigades, 3 cannons and no defenders (other than the basic city defense).....

Question... what method is used to reduce the amount of soldiers the south can build later on in the game? Is the North's massive material and man power advantage somehow written in?

Hi Demulon, Thanks for the comment. I am not keen on uploading mods to this site, actually. Generally the staff sit on the CiV mods in moderation queue for over a week, sometimes over two, during which time I usually alter the mod yet again...
Once you have reached 30 posts the files you will add won't have to be in the moderation queue anymore :)

Once you have reached 30 posts the files you will add won't have to be in the moderation queue anymore :)

I've been submitting mods at this site since March 2011, four in total, and I have to say that this an arbitrary and bizarre criterion for "optimized" submission.

Shouldn't the criteria be the content that is submitted and its quality, not some measure of the chattiness of the creator?

Discovering this has only diminished my attitude toward the submissions staff here...

I've been submitting mods at this site since March 2011, four in total, and I have to say that this an arbitrary and bizarre criterion for "optimized" submission.

Shouldn't the criteria be the content that is submitted and its quality, not some measure of the chattiness of the creator?

Discovering this has only diminished my attitude toward the submissions staff here...

I can definitely understand where you're coming from. Having still not gotten any luck with getting the game through Steam, I was just hoping to find a non-steam place to get your updates from. But if it's this much of a hassle I can't blame you for not wanting to upload here. (especially since you are keen on providing frequent updates.) Is there any other site you would be willing to upload to? It would be most appreciated :)

Its a pragmatic solution to a challenging problem. To reduce the likelihood spam bots/ne'er do wells will not flood the system with malicious content - and even so, attacks get through - the post limit is there to ensure that security stays strong. Plus, on the other side, it invites creators to get involved in the community and talk about their work.

I have played it several times..... My only concern was that is was extremely difficult to take any city even with 5-6 rifle brigades, 3 cannons and no defenders (other than the basic city defense).....

Question... what method is used to reduce the amount of soldiers the south can build later on in the game? Is the North's massive material and man power advantage somehow written in?

Thank you for the comment. I'm not sure why cities in your game are so difficult to capture. Keep in mind that both capitals begin with added defenses. Also cannon are weaker in this scenario than base game; you'll want to build advanced siege units to speed city capture.

As to your question, troop production is limited by strategics, just as in the base game. There is no lua code needed to give the union advantages, as those are based in geography (resources) and population, which are allocated on the map.

Best, FA

i was having some trouble involving the union capital i had every city surrounding it (i was the csa) and then i took d.c. they had no units even near it and then a single rifleman appears out of nowhere and takes the city. this was also the first time i had played it post your nerf patch (i.e. rangers 1 range 90% territory 1869 etc...)

Can you tell me what changed between v.6 and v.7?

It's a small update to bring the mod into line with recent patch. Most notably, TopPanel.lua will now display months (yay!), heal on pillage was rebalanced for this mod (it was too powerful), and Emancipation policy will now properly spawn insurgents.

Best, FA

I know Steam is glitchy on downloads, but this is usually solved by deleting the CiV cache folder. I linked a guide on this in the mod description on Steam. v.3 will be out this week on Steam.

Best, FA

The mod is great. You say you are not keen on uploading mods to Steam. I was wondering is there is a way to download a Steam mod without going through Steam and using the Workshop? I have a Mac and Mac users can't access Mods through Steam.

Top Bottom