Civ IV Diplomacy Features Mod

Can you update it here please?

Last updated: 5/17/2013 1:25 AM EST

Version 5:

Due to an unresolved issue, Version 5 will break existing saved games.

AI
  • Technology formula has been updated. Technology cost is now (on Standard) 30*turnsremaining * era^0.7 (era being a number from 1-number of eras). For example, a 15 turn Civil Service would cost (30*15) * (2^.7) = 731 gold.
  • Technologies should average around 300 - 800 gold for each tech, depending on how fast a player's research is. The higher your science per turn, the cheaper your techs will cost.
  • Updates to AI evaluation of Technologies (While trading technologies)
  • If a tech rewards multiple embarked move changes, for each move change increase, the AI will evaluate the tech higher. (This would only affect modded Technologies.xml's)
    • AI now values technologies that provide the following benefits:
    • Enables Embassies - +10% (up from +0%) (Writing)
    • Enables Open Borders - +25% (up from +0%) (Civil Service)
    • Enables Defensive Pact - +25% (up from +0%) (Chivalry)
    • Reveals the entire World Map - +100% (up from +50%) (Satellites)
    • The AI had previously evaluated other benefits, and they have remained unchanged
    • Access to Manhattan Project - +100% (up from +0%) (Atomic Theory)
    • Access to nuclear units - +50% (up from +0%) (Nuclear Fission, Advanced Ballistics)
  • Technologies that are repeatable (default Future Tech) can no longer be traded.
  • AI will weight the power of Aircraft 30% more than before. This will be used to determine military strength.
  • Updates to AI valuation of World Maps. They should be more affordable and smarter.
    • Please note that percentages are multipliers. 50% of 1 is 0.5. 200% of 1 is 2.
    • Initial tile value starts at 1 Gold. (down from 2 Gold).
      • Grassland (125%, up from 100%)
      • Snow, Mountain, Ocean: (10%, down from 50%).
      • Marsh: 75% (down from 100%)
      • Oasis: 150% (up from 100%)
      • Flood Plains: 125% (up from 100%)
      • Coast: +125% (up from 100%)
      • Resources: 200% (land), +250% (water)
      • Coastal Land: +125% (up from 100%)
      • Natural Wonder: 1000% (up from 500%)
      • Friendly Territory (125%, down from 150%)
      • Ice: 0% (down from 100%)
    • If you want to get your map value high, you'll want to:
      • Chart the coastlines of islands, continents, etc.
      • Chart many Natural Wonders before your foes
      • Explore meaningful land that reveals resources, or good settling spots!
    • To calculate a plot's worth, multiply it's multipliers by the initial plot value . A few examples:
      • Grassland w/ Resource: (1 * 1.25 * 2) = 2.5 gold.
      • Desert Oasis: (1 * 1 * 2) = 2 gold.
      • Grassland Coast w/ Resource: (1 * 1.25 * 1.25 * 2) = 3.125 gold.

Bug fixes
  • Should now be able to demand World Maps from an AI (previously they would always say the offer was too much).

Diplomacy
  • Afraid AI's will always accept a Share Opinion request.
  • Added new 20 turn buffer period after meeting a new civilization before they will accept a Share Opinion request.
  • When you have a Declaration of Friendship with another civ, the "Demand" option is replaced with "Request Help".
    • Request Help works almost identically to Demand with some noticeable differences:
    • You will suffer no diplomatic penalty when requesting help
    • The AI will judge your demand based on the following ratios:
      • their gold/your gold
      • their gpt/your gpt
      • their science/your science
      • their happiness/your happiness
    • The higher these ratios are, the more likely the AI will accept your request.
    • Demanding/requesting technologies will not be possible as of this time. In a future update, there may be changes to the way AI handles technology demands/requests.
  • AIs whom you have a Declaration of Friendship will occasionally offer to provide help to your civilization, depending on your situation.
    • AIs with a higher Loyalty rating will be more likely to offer gifts.
    • Gifts can be gold, luxuries, or technology (in a future update, they may also gift strategic resources).
    • AIs will only offer if they are in better shape than you are. Thus, on lower difficulties it is extremely unlikely the AI will offer help.

General
  • Scientific Revolution: Boosts Science gained from research agreements by 50%. If Tech Trading is active, will provide a 25% discount on all tech purchases.
  • Porcelain Tower: A Great Scientist appears near the City where the Wonder was built. 50% more Science generated from Research Agreements. If Tech Trading is active, the Porcelain Tower will increase Science generation in this city by 25%.
  • In a future update, there will be two options "Enable Tech Trading" and "Disable Research Agreements". These policy effects will be dynamic depending on the system.
  • Updates to Teams
    • Players on the same Team will no longer be able to trade Technology between each other
    • Players on the same Team will no longer be able to trade Maps between each other (affected computer teammates offering you map trades)
    • AI Players will always be Friendly with their teammates.

Miscellaneous
  • When sharing opinion, should stay on the same screen (reduces amount of clicks needed to share opinion with multiple leaders). (Removed for Version 5)

MODDING
  • The multiplier and exponent for the tech valuation formula can be modified by changing the numbers in the SQL file of the mod.
  • Please note all changes are modular, so if you change the Technology Tree, the AI will still value the techs as they should.

Is there a chance of this mod introducing vassals/capitulation back into Civ V? After all that was a diplomacy feature in Civ IV BtS. :p

Is there a chance of this mod introducing vassals/capitulation back into Civ V? After all that was a diplomacy feature in Civ IV BtS. :p

Maybe. :smoke::coffee:

:ninja:

:cowboy:

Version 5 is up. Patch notes posted 2 posts above.

Will be releasing the source code soon.

Such an awesome features list! Especially the map trading and asking for tributes is something I think was really missing.. Finnaly something that makes declarations of friendship worthwhile! I really hope that the devs notice this mod! it should be implented in the vanilla mod!

The day this is merged with 34 civ DLL is the day I will do nothing but play CiV D:.

The day this is merged with 34 civ DLL is the day I will do nothing but play CiV D:.

Who created that? Gedemon did, lol...

Actually, nvm, I actually don't think I'll implement the 34 civs DLL. Maybe if Ged wanted to do it he can take my source (in the original download) and combine them. But I have a feeling 34 civs might cause issues with my code and I'm not in the mood to go through and debug that when I have some pretty big features on the way.:lol:

There seems to be a big in this verison. Every time I go the AI and as them what do you think of this leader it declares war on theme instead. Any fix for this? Also when I request help its says that I made a trade demand from them.

There seems to be a big in this verison. Every time I go the AI and as them what do you think of this leader it declares war on theme instead. Any fix for this? Also when I request help its says that I made a trade demand from them.

Hm. Second person who reported, and I have screenshots.

I'll investigate now. That has never happened to me.

Are you running other mods?

Yeah YNAEP with city states mod. Historical Religions. Hex conquer and release. Red modpack. With really advance Setup. Maybe because I using it with Mac is cause this problem?

Yeah YNAEP with city states mod. Historical Religions. Hex conquer and release. Red modpack. With really advance Setup. Maybe because I using it with Mac is cause this problem?

No, that problem is probably caused by a bunch of mod compatibility issues, which I strictly warn against because you may have a ton of unpredictable issues (when I test, I test with only my mod active).

Doubly so if you use a mod with a custom DLL, it'll completely break both mods.

YNAEMP is the 34 civ mod? That can't be used with my mod since there's a custom DLL in there. That's probably causing the issue. Gedemon would know.

I went in and testing Sharing Opinions with only mod active and there were 0 flaws in it.

AFAIK you can't use DLL mods on mac at all, could be the issue here.

Hey there, literally joined just to post some q's about this mod.

How's compatability with the CivUP?

Whenever I select a trade, "World Map" and "technologies" are permanently up for trade, yet don't seem to actually do anything.

I see "txt_key_diplo_technology" under My items.

And when i got to discuss, "perhaps we can offer you something.. " is selectable, but once again, does nothing.

Cheers

Edit: "perhaps we can offer you something.. " actually appears in ANY menu when talking to leaders

Hey there, literally joined just to post some q's about this mod.

How's compatability with the CivUP?

Whenever I select a trade, "World Map" and "technologies" are permanently up for trade, yet don't seem to actually do anything.

I see "txt_key_diplo_technology" under My items.

And when i got to discuss, "perhaps we can offer you something.. " is selectable, but once again, does nothing.

Cheers

Edit: "perhaps we can offer you something.. " actually appears in ANY menu when talking to leaders

Compatibility issue. If CivUP modifies the DLL or interface, you can't use it.

Yeah, It's definitely CivUP.

Weird because there are no modified dlls in CivUP, and also, to the maintainer of this mod, I'm sure me and many other people would love for you to look into this incompatability, as CivUP is a pretty common mod.

either way, it looks very cool!

Thanks, Hambil (also thanks for the link, it's useful. I can check the values out in the DLL myself but you offer great help regardless).

Few notes:

- I have finals this week, which means no work will go into my mod unless there's some massive issue that's crashing games (that aren't related to mod compatibility).
- I have no time to work with other mod creators to address compatibility issues because I have my own plans to work out with on a noticeable deadline (BNW's release)
- Once BNW releases I begin the long and painful conversion process to BNW (assuming there's a source code released in a reasonable amount of time) and I'm already freaking out that my mod is going to be near unplayable for months of time with the new expansion pack.

Hey there Putmalk, just wanted to tell you, this is the greatest mod so far.

I've tried making some noise over in the "Nights" & GEM forums, are you still ok with them integrating your work into their projects?

Top Bottom