Super Power Modpack - Total Conversion

Hey :D

I'm nearly done with the translation for the base mod. Do you want me to upload the XML files with only the translated strings inside or do you want me to upload the original file with translations? Whatever is handier for you.

And I'm getting crashes too, sadly. Mine occurs at Round 285 when I click on Next Turn.

Best regards.

Thanks for your work. There is some minor text changes in the newly updated 4.1 version. Could you please change them too? I'll add your translation in the next version (4.2).

Text Tweaks:
In the SuperPowerBalance, all language files are moved to the GameText folder for a better management.

the "settler move into city "button text is named TXT_KEY_SP_NOTIFICATION_SETTLER_INTO_CITY and it is located in NewGameRules.xml

Also the TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_SP_FORCE_2 in SuperPowerUnits\XML\Promotion\NewPromotion_Text.xml is changed.

As well as the TXT_KEY_UNIT_HELP_WORKBOAT in SuperPowerUnits\XML\GameText\GameText.xml

Thanks again for your help! Hope the 4.1 version will solve your CTD problem.

Noticed that you have a very large texture which is handled a bit clumsily, and may impact compatibility and performance on lower end systems.
Suggested fix:
  • in ...\Super Power Mod 4.0\Art\
    delete GameSetupScreen.lua and GameSetupScreen.xml
    rename SP_bg.dds to CivilzationVAtlas.dds
  • in ...\Super Power Mod 4.0\
    open Super Power Balance (v 4).modinfo with a text editor such as notepad
    replace "SP_bg.dds" with "CivilzationVAtlas.dds"
    delete both lines which refer to "GameSetupScreen.lua" and "GameSetupScreen.xml"

Thanks for your advice. It works perfect!

P.S. I think it is possible to make my mod compatible with your great work EUI since there is only a few lines added in CityView.lua, CultureOverview.lua and PuppetCityPopup.lua. I hope we could work together to achieve it. Looking forward to working with you!

I'm still getting notices for four different textures that are missing. One is definitely the granary icon.
I'm also experiencing random crashes, I haven't been able to make it past the medieval era starting from ancient era.
I only have BNW dlc, no Korea or anything else just Vanilla and BNW. This looks like a really cool mod but unfortunately I haven't been able to experience it to it's fullest yet.

It seems you need to turn on the Conquest of the New World DLC which provides the granary icon texture.
I may try to extract it out into the mod in the next version (4.2).
Thanks for your report and please try the new 4.1 version.

Hello. I'm really impressed by your mod and so far have had a lot of fun with it! Though when I attempted to use your mod with the infamous IGE (In Game Editor), I recieved this error message from IGE:

c:\Users\WSB\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Ingame Editor (v39)IGE_API_Misc.lua:21:attempt to compare number with string

I reported to the mod author, and he told me that it comes from a non-numerical yield value, probably a typo on one of the features, terrains or improvements declared in those mods, and that I should report this to you instead. Hope this is an easy to fix problem and wish the best.

Oh an important side note: I was only using IGE and your mod, nothing else.

Thanks for your report and please try the new 4.1 version. The IGE problem is totally solved.

i cant find ExpScen_BuildingPortraits64.dds in my files anywhere

It seems you need to turn on the Conquest of the New World DLC which provides the icon texture.
Thanks for your report and please try the new 4.1 version.

I'm having a bug where I don't have a scroll bar in the research menu, so I can't advance any further. Is there a fix to this? Thanks!

Could be a compatible issue with EUI or other mods tweaked Tech tree

This looks like a null pointer exception. It's trying to reference a "defending unit" to get it's X coordinate and complains because it couldn't find that object. Assuming your error log reads from top to bottom, I'm just wondering if that may have something to do with adding another war casualty to a city with 0 (or 1) population?

It looks like you attacked a French army and caused a citizen death in Lyon. If Lyon has 1 citizen and you kill a military unit, does the city disappear or is this edge case taken care of in the code?

Looking into the release note, the casualties are supposed to happen at random. If one of the cities is randomly chosen upon a unit death to subtract a citizen from, that's an easy place to forget excluding those cities with only 1 population.

But it's likely that Firaxis added some protection to the subtractCitizen operation, for starving cities with 1 population. If lincoln is using his own scripts for casualties, it might be a good idea to double-check if it's protected (e.g. numCitizens = max(numCitizen--, 1)).

Thanks very much or your testing! In the 4.1 version I changed some of the GameEvents.CityTrained into LuaEvents.SerialEventUnitCreatedGood to counter the CTD problems. Also added some restrictions in New Attack Effects.lua and New Combat Rules.lua. 4.1 has been tested among some friends and they say good.

The population loss only happens in cities with population more than 1. Please see the codes:

Spoiler :
function PlayerUnitPopulationLoss(defPlayer)
print("Human unit died total:"..g_UnitDeathSum)
local PlayerCitiesCount = defPlayer:GetNumCities()
local apCities = {}
local iCounter = 0

if g_UnitDeathSum < 2 then---- every two deaths cause a popluaton loss
return
end

if PlayerCitiesCount == 0 then ---- In case of 0 city error
return
end

for pCity in defPlayer:Cities() do
local cityPop = pCity:GetPopulation()
if ( cityPop > 1 ) then
apCities[iCounter] = pCity
iCounter = iCounter + 1
end
end

if (iCounter > 0) then
local iRandChoice = Game.Rand(iCounter, "Choosing random city")
local targetCity = apCities[iRandChoice]
local Cityname = targetCity:GetName()
local iX = targetCity:GetX();
local iY = targetCity:GetY();

if targetCity:GetPopulation() > 1 then
targetCity:ChangePopulation(-1, true)
print ("population lost!"..Cityname)
else
return
end
g_UnitDeathSum = 0 ------------prepare for another run
local text = Locale.ConvertTextKey("TXT_KEY_SP_NOTE_POPULATION_LOSS",targetCity:GetName()) --------Sending Message
local heading = Locale.ConvertTextKey("TXT_KEY_SP_NOTE_POPULATION_LOSS_SHORT")
defPlayer:AddNotification(NotificationTypes.NOTIFICATION_STARVING, text, heading, iX, iY)
end
end

I think I found a solution to the CTDs that are happening around turn 200. It seems to happen when an AI civ with the "military caste" policy builds a unit and is awarded bonus science. With this work-around, I'm unsure if it will fix everyone's CTDs or if the policy will still work as intended. But, it did fix my game and the world now cowers under the mighty heel of the Songhai empire. Hope it works for you guys, too.

To fix your game:
  1. Use a text editor like notepad to open Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Super Power Balance (v 4)\Lua\New Trait and Policies.lua
  2. Replace line 222 with the three lines of code below
    Replace
    Code:
    [s]teamTechs:SetResearchProgress(currentTech, researchProgress + adjustedBonus)[/s]
    with
    Code:
    if teamTechs ~= nil then
       teamTechs:SetResearchProgress(currentTech, researchProgress + adjustedBonus)
    end

@op - great job on this mod, man. lots of fun.

Thanks for your advice. Please try the 4.1 version and hope this problem is solved

Still get texture error, with and without disabling conquest of the new world DLC.
I get spammed by the error basically everytime I open anything related to the granary icon, and during game loading.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=379695&stc=1&d=1406409455

Please fix, makes the game unplayable

PS. I only have Super Advanced Setup mod, Mongolia, Brave new World DLC DLL mod and the 4 Superworld Mods loaded.

Edit: I also get a texture error similar but with "45" instead of "64"
Furthermore I noticed I cannot enable Conquest of the new world DLC in "Mods" at the same time as the Super Power Mod

Attachments

• Texture error.jpg
    Texture error.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 212
Still get texture error, with and without disabling conquest of the new world DLC.
I get spammed by the error basically everytime I open anything related to the granary icon, and during game loading.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=379695&stc=1&d=1406409455

Please fix, makes the game unplayable

PS. I only have Super Advanced Setup mod, Mongolia, Brave new World DLC DLL mod and the 4 Superworld Mods loaded.

Edit: I also get a texture error similar but with "45" instead of "64"

It seems you need to turn on the Conquest of the New World DLC which provides the granary icon texture.

Conquest of the new world DLC is not a mod but a DLC

Hello Lincoln

First off, thanks for all your hard work and patience with the bug reporting for this mod, sincerely you're doing great work.
Second, in response to your last few posts about the texture errors people are getting (myself included) the problem remains even if Conquest of the New World DLC is enabled. There is also a Mod or "patch version?" for the same DLC in the mods section of the game which states its version 1 (you can see it by showing DLC mods). As of now, I am unable to run the DLC "patch" mod because it conflicts with the Balance mod and thus everything else. The texture problem is the only thing which seems to persist with me, aside from a CTD which happened the last time I settled my first city.

Thanks again for your help.

Thanks for your work. There is some minor text changes in the newly updated 4.1 version. Could you please change them too? I'll add your translation in the next version (4.2).

Text Tweaks:
In the SuperPowerBalance, all language files are moved to the GameText folder for a better management.

the "settler move into city "button text is named TXT_KEY_SP_NOTIFICATION_SETTLER_INTO_CITY and it is located in NewGameRules.xml

Also the TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_SP_FORCE_2 in SuperPowerUnits\XML\Promotion\NewPromotion_Text.xml is changed.

As well as the TXT_KEY_UNIT_HELP_WORKBOAT in SuperPowerUnits\XML\GameText\GameText.xml

Thanks again for your help! Hope the 4.1 version will solve your CTD problem.

Alright! Thanks for telling me where the text files are. Makes it a lot easier. I have two questions though:

1. Did you make minor changes to some of the already existing strings? Like for example changing a description from +3 Gold to +4 Gold or something like that.

2. When are you going to release the next version? I was just done with the base mod. There is a lot left to translate, like all the new buildings and their descriptions, the units etc. However, the base mod is ready. :)

Greetings.

save game compatable with saves from 4.0 ?
also do we need to d/l all 4 parts again or just super power balance

Tried 4.1 I unsubscribed then re-up'd.
1st Could not load previously saved games CTD'd before the game ever loaded.
2nd Tried A new start got only to turn 100 and it CTD'd (use to get to at least turn 140)
3rd Not a fan of the new work boats seem was to powerful. They never get used up

Not a programmer so I am no help there...need any more info from a base user? Let me know.

What works..I really love..Thanks for the work

Just reporting in on an almost finished game without a crash/bug on 4.0 with the modified "New Trait and Policies.lua" of page 7

Thank you

v4.1 still crashes. It did resolve the settlers not settling if the game was started beyond the Ancient Era.

Tried a game starting in the Information Era with 4 other random civilizations. Game crashed after a few turns. I haven't applied the solution on page 7, but I suspect that might be the solution to these crashes, and not so much about the Korea DLC.

Just reporting in on an almost finished game without a crash/bug on 4.0 with the modified "New Trait and Policies.lua" of page 7

Thank you

Thanks. I've re-edited this Lua file and now testing. If it solve the problem I'll update it ASAP.

Top Bottom