Replacing one of Americas UUs with the Navy SEAL (which one, and is it good?)

Which unit should the Navy SEAL replace

• Total voters

j_mie6

Deity
For my mod, I am planning to replace one of the American UUs with the Navy SEAL. But I don't know which unit to get rid of...

Here is my proposed Navy SEAL:

Unlike the marine which it replaces, the Navy SEAL has the March promotion and pays just 1 movement point to move from sea to land. Also a possible strength increase of 2?

So my question is; What unit should the Navy SEAL replace out of the Minuteman or the B17?

and; Is my proposed Navy SEAL unit good and balanced? (and should it get the strength increase?)

Oh, my friend wants to point out that the B17 and the Navy SEAL would synergise better together as they are around at the same time in the game, where as a Navy SEAL and Minuteman are isolated by era. Do with this what you will :D

Replace the minuteman, a random guess. B17s become useful in non land maps and maps with limited land.

well it does replace the marines :lol: it's just which unit has to go, otherwise there would be three unique units

Since America is a late-game warmonger anyway, I voted for the Minutemen, to make them really shine (plus, America are the only Civ with a unique Bomber, and I definitely like uniqueness)

On the other hand, Bombers+Navy Seals would be overkill. Those Navy Seals look powerful (the "Denmark" skill is better than it looks), and they could easily conquer anything, regardless of the quality of the Bomber. They could actually make the B-17 redundant.

So, I would choose to nerf the Seals a little bit (removing March and going with the 2 strength increase, maybe), and replace Minutemen.

Oh, my friend wants to point out that the B17 and the Navy SEAL would synergise better together as they are around at the same time in the game, where as a Navy SEAL and Minuteman are isolated by era. Do with this what you will :D

Except that the marine tech isn't what you would normally go for if you warmonger late game. You would usually go down the bomber, nuke, rocket artillery and tank path.

Having 2 late game UUs would overall be worse for America as it would take longer for their war-machine to really get started.

Top Bottom