CS roads maintenance

Walter R

Great Engineer
Sorry for a real noob question, but it's one of those things I'm not sure on:

Who pays the upkeep on roads built to CS (the part within their border) - you as the builder or them as the land owner? I guess I've always just assumed I foot the whole bill, but is that correct?

Roads (and rails) you build in neutral territory cost you maintenance. Roads (and rails) you build in AI and CS territory cost the land owner. If your worker has the ability to remove a road, then you are paying maintenance on it. If your worker does not have the ability to remove a road, then you are not paying maintenance on it. So the roads you build right next to a CS stop costing you maintenance (eventually) as the CS territory expands.

Roads (and rails) you build in neutral territory cost you maintenance. Roads (and rails) you build in AI and CS territory cost the land owner. If your worker has the ability to remove a road, then you are paying maintenance on it. If your worker does not have the ability to remove a road, then you are not paying maintenance on it. So the roads you build right next to a CS stop costing you maintenance (eventually) as the CS territory expands.

Thanks, that helps explain a few things.

Top Bottom