Please tell us when first patch comes out

tour86rocker

Warlord
It's entirely possible that the first official patch will drop without some of us knowing. To my knowledge, there's no email list for updates like that, and instead of playing the game every day and checking for updates, I've been giving the game a break with the intention of picking it back up once it is patched.

Could a moderator please create a stickied thread that we can subscribe to so that we can get an email notification from the forum? Or is there some other way somebody can think of to receive a notification?

The main problem here would be that people subscribing to the thread by posting would cause false alarms.

Ya, I just checked back on the forums now (after not playing the game for a while, hoping for any patch), but I still don't see one single communication from the devs or company. Now THAT'S customer service :rolleyes:

I guess checking these forums every day is the only option. It will appear on the site's news, but generally stuff gets reported on the forums first.

The patch will arrive when it's finished, and they've a lot to fix. People complain, wanting a patch now, but if the devs listen and release one quickly, then they'll complain it was rushed and doesn't fix everything. Well, obviously.

According to Dale, developers get two weeks off after the release of a game, so they might've not been working on a patch since then.

I'm beginning to lose confidence for Firaxes. The least they could do is to make a comment about the issues.

Forums are not the only way of finding out patch info, there is that button in game menu the one that says 'check for updates', not that there have been any yet.

I guess checking these forums every day is the only option. It will appear on the site's news, but generally stuff gets reported on the forums first.

The patch will arrive when it's finished, and they've a lot to fix. People complain, wanting a patch now, but if the devs listen and release one quickly, then they'll complain it was rushed and doesn't fix everything. Well, obviously.

According to Dale, developers get two weeks off after the release of a game, so they might've not been working on a patch since then.

I didn't say two weeks was a definite, I said they probably all took their leave after the project was finished. Can't exactly take it a month before release eh? :)

I don't know what their plan is, or what's going on. I'm waiting too. :)

Vampy, I alluded to this under "playing the game every day and checking for updates", which I have already said I'm not going to do.

It would be nice is some one official told us, "Yea we are looking in to it." or atleast "Screw off, there will be no patch." It would just be nice to know we aren't all talking to the wind.

^^^^ Agreed.

Despite producing some of the most popular PC games of all time, Firaxis seems entirely pathetic about community relations. They simply don't interact with fans the way almost every other game dev does these days. They don't even have their own forums and even their websites are weak too.

Having not been involved in the community of other Firaxis games, I can't comment on them over all, but I can say that in the early days of Civ4 they made it apparent pretty early that they understood there were some problems and they were looking into it.

They didn't promise a patch right off the bat, and they didn't hold long in depth conversations with the community, but they atleast let us know that they heard us speaking.

edit: nm, I don't want to change the subject

Me, I'm willing to wait as long as it takes for them to get it right. I also don't expect them to spend too much time roaming community websites and giving us details.

But it would be really helpful to at least know a) that a patch is in the works, and b) whether I should expect it in days, weeks, or months. That would have an effect on when (and even if) I start up another game of Col2, after finally finishing my first the other evening.

Top Bottom