the oobs 2nd pitboss game, 18 players

He's also failed to respond to E-mails about our team-game, so his teammatres are going to make this decision without him.

Oob, your team, Team West, is far superior to Team east. In that light we have chosen (with the hope of spurring the start of a new, more worthwhile game) to surrender fully to Team West. All of our forces and territories are yours to command. The world belongs to the west now... Rule wisely. :king:

Also, I might have some suggestions for the next game, if you don't already have a game type in mind. :)

Note to other players: we're talking about my other pitboss game here, not the game this thread is about.

I'll have to see if the rest of team west wants to continue the game (I'm not fussed either way), in which case I'll find replacements for the team east players who don't want to continue the game... I figure with the current demand/supply imbalance for pitboss games, I will find people willing to take your place(s) even if they are doomed :).

If we do decide to finish the game I would ask the current team east players to continue playing for now until we find replacements.

I've been quite pleased with the balance of the game, up until recently it has remained fairly balanced... there was a period a while back (before you took over the Inca... not blaming you btw) where team east ruled the waves and had a technological advantage. They made several landings but failed to unify their forces effectively, whereas I have basically acted as supreme commander for our side, thus allowing for proper concentration of forces such as the 20 cannon/10 grenadier amphibious assault on Ravenna. Dictatorship > democracy.

As for starting another pitboss game, I have some stuff in RL to deal with first before I commit to another game, so that will probably be a few months. It would be a Warlords game since I now have the expansion (although I haven't gotten around to playing it yet, busy with HoM&M 5 atm).

Fear is spreading though the Russian Empire. After Germany’s act of aggression in seizing the Russian mines, they have now begun placing troops along the Russian boarder. The once gold mining city of Rostov now lives in the shadow of German troops positioned in the hills. The citizens of Rostov fear that at any moment the German troops will complete the aggression they started when taking the mines and capture the actual city.

The Russian Empire has pleaded for a peaceful resolution to this matter, but their calls have gone unreturned by the German Empire. The entire Russian empire fears for its safety as they are a peaceful civilization and will not long withstand the onslaught of the most dominant and powerful civilization in the known world. Should the Russian Empire and all of it resources fall to the German empire, their aggression will become unstoppable.

Taok said:
Fear is spreading though the Russian Empire. After Germany’s act of aggression in seizing the Russian mines, they have now begun placing troops along the Russian boarder. The once gold mining city of Rostov now lives in the shadow of German troops positioned in the hills. The citizens of Rostov fear that at any moment the German troops will complete the aggression they started when taking the mines and capture the actual city.

The Russian Empire has pleaded for a peaceful resolution to this matter, but their calls have gone unreturned by the German Empire. The entire Russian empire fears for its safety as they are a peaceful civilization and will not long withstand the onslaught of the most dominant and powerful civilization in the known world. Should the Russian Empire and all of it resources fall to the German empire, their aggression will become unstoppable.

German Empire reitterate it's commitment to peace. German empire does not has any intention to cross into Russian theretory. German Empire consider war to be to expencive and not in the best interests of Empire.

Gold mines considered to be vital to Germany future, that why Cultural means were used in order to get access to them.

With a heavy heart, the Russian Empire has launched a preemptory strike against the evil German Empire. The Russian citizens lived in constant fear of the imminent German attack and had no choice but to attempt to secure our borders from our dominant and aggressive neighbor. We call on all nations of good conscience to aid us in our plight, least your civilization be the next to suffer from German aggression.

Taok -- Russian Empire

Well, now that I clearly have CB's support, who else is with us?!?!! ;)

Today small bands of Russian army enter German land, with ready back up of bigger stack. Total forces of russian army are not considered to be the threat to German cities. maximum damage German empire expected is to have it's goldmines pilladed.

Most of German empire will continue to live in peace. Local mobilisation was ordered in local cities in order to stop Russian agression.

It migth be a good opportunity for America to use it's veteran trops from conflict with Spain to expand in Russian land.
Russian cities are rich in resources and havilly cottaged, ready to be run from day one of occupation.

CB Droege said:
Wait... You attacked Germany when they hadn't actually done anything aggressive yet? and right after they made claims of peace?

Why would anyone help you through such folly?

To be fair, Mutineer did culture bomb him (or at least that's what it sounds like), which could be considered an act of aggression.

Could someone please tell me if you guys have automatic save files for the game, or if it's just me? Just thinking about what we'll do in the unlikely event that the servers hard drive (which is about 5 years old now) fails. I suppose I could make a batch file or something which I'd use every now and then to copy the latest saves to my main computer, but there's not much point in doing that if your computers are keeping saves as well.

I got hit by pitboss bug which seriously distrupt my plan.

I did not get expected 200 gold refund for building National wander in other city, loosing 200 shields for nothing :(.

Mutineer said:
I got hit by pitboss bug which seriously distrupt my plan.

I did not get expected 200 gold refund for building National wander in other city, loosing 200 shields for nothing :(.

How were you trying to pull that off... is there some way to build a national wonder in two cities at once?

I know that refunds work for great wonders... we both finished the great library on the same turn but you got it, I did get a generous refund though so I'm not too fussed.

yes, it work in single player, did not try that in multiplayer befor. So, found out it does not work.

You can only build it one in time.
Build it in one city and befor finished cancel it (Remove from query), then you can start it in second one. When you finish it in second one you will get refund. Did not work in pitboss it seems.

BTW, who will get Great wander if they build on same turn depends on who had more shields put in it.

I whiped it that turn, so I had all shields and overflow.

I did it execly because I suspected you building it and you got Litherature 2 turns befor me.

crazyjoe0813 said:
Um, so isn't that kinda cheating? I mean if you cancel something, that should mean that you completely give up on the building...

Any rule banning it would be unenforceable, so I'm going to allow it.

Although I'm going to run a test (in single player) now to see if the 'build two wonders at once, finish one of them, get a refund for the other' works for great wonders. Will reply with the results.

It is not cheating in any way. It is simply how refund system work, or any refund from wanders should be removed.
It is actially a bug in pitboss!

Top Bottom