Need players! 5 man pitboss game, 24-48 hour turn limit

You already have many more than the original 5 you asked for, but if you decide to go more, I'm also interested.

Let me know plse, and I'll choose a Civ & Leader.

still have one slot open. As the info at the top of this thread says, if all the settings are OK with you, PM me with your preferred Civ and I will add you to the list and we can get goin! If I get a few PM's with the info, and its ok with everyone else, I will go ahead and increase the size of the game and we will start with however many we have at that point. If you want in, follow the directions at the top of the thread! I will cut off recruiting tomorrow, so whoever wants in, make sure I get your info!!

All settings will be discussed and agreed upon before we start. Any of the settings can be changed if everyone wants them to.

Sorry buddy, someone already took that Civ and ruler! PM me a new choice and I will add you to the list and we can get going!

For future reference, PM means Private Message; its a message you can send to individual forum members, like an email. Just click someone's name, and "send a private message" is one of the options. I prefer PM's so that the forum thread doesnt get clogged up with everyones replies with info and what not. But, it's no problem. Be talkin to you!

Date and time of info: 3-10-07; 2:35 AM; Eastern US time
Server status: Server offline till morning

Game settings
Turn timer- 24 hours
Game speed- epic
Era- ancient
Map type- shuffle
Climate- temperate
Sea level- medium
Map size- standard (6-8 players' size)
Ai- none
Warlords expansion- no
May I make a few suggestions?
Time and date, if you can do it like 10 mar 2007 there can be no misunderstanding. Us euro-trash do dd-mm-yyyy vs your mm/dd/yyyy which may lead to misunderstandings.

If you change the status please also post a reply to the thread this way it shows up in "My Account" as having new posts.

Why not a directIP game? much easier I think.... Cannot wait for your AM (guess about 5 hours from now) to claim my civ. I hope you are also going to go for CivStats?

Last one is for the team, if we are all in about the same timeframe (europe + US) Maybe we can set aside an hour on a sunday to "press enter" for those painfull first 50 or so turns.

one comment on settings: game speed normal or marathon plz.
but if server is already set up and played epic is Ok. dont need to restart lol.

Multiplayer Lobby?

I've done some searching on this forum and got a description i.e. Launch Game, Choose Multiplayer, Choose Internet Games. My heart sank because I have tried this so many times and just can't come right.

Doing the above brings up a Login or Create Account screen. So I Login, type the GamespyID and password...and nothing happens.:mad:
(No time-out, no error,...nothing; it just sits there.)

I do have a Gamespy account, in fact I have 2 due to all the times I've tried.

In typing in my GamespyID I have tried using my Nick and I've tried my e-mail address. Both delivers...nothing:mad:

I've tried the Create New Account option and exactly the same result.

(Btw, I created my 2 accounts by visiting Gamespy directly on www.gamespyid.com)

So what am I doing wrong?

Sorry my original Civ CD is scratched so I have trouble launching the damn game for vanilla mode games... Means I can only play warlords expansion. :(

Give my slot to someone else I guess. :(

Darius... I have a no-cd patch for you to use for vanilla. You wont ever need the CD in the drive to play.

Multiplayer Lobby?

I've done some searching on this forum and got a description i.e. Launch Game, Choose Multiplayer, Choose Internet Games. My heart sank because I have tried this so many times and just can't come right.

Doing the above brings up a Login or Create Account screen. So I Login, type the GamespyID and password...and nothing happens.:mad:
(No time-out, no error,...nothing; it just sits there.)

I do have a Gamespy account, in fact I have 2 due to all the times I've tried.

In typing in my GamespyID I have tried using my Nick and I've tried my e-mail address. Both delivers...nothing:mad:

I've tried the Create New Account option and exactly the same result.

(Btw, I created my 2 accounts by visiting Gamespy directly on www.gamespyid.com)

So what am I doing wrong?

I had the same thing. this worked for me i hope it does for u too:
create a new account in Civilization. Make sure u have a loginname that nobody else has, like John1424go. then make a password thats 8 carracters or more with some numbers in it.

And yes make simultanues turns plz!!!!

Once everyone gets logged in, I will change it to simultaneous turns. Still waiting on two people...

One needs the no-CD patch, the other needs to make an account that noone else has. I had sent him a PM about that, hopefully he will check it... Nice that Civ IV doesnt give error messages, isnt it? lol It took me quite a while to get my account made. Finally I stumbled across the solution in the forums. Hopefully everyone will get logged in soon and we can get underway!

info updated!

Hello everyone, my name is Josh ,(eclipse's now named brother).
I will be using Japan.

I hope you all will just bow before me now.lol It might be the other way around,kind of new at this game.

lmao :lol:

Top Bottom