Things That Defy Logic

I didn't play Col1 sorry for applying common sense instead.

What's funny is population growth due to... over abundance of food. because we all know that if you eat too much, a baby comes.

Yeah, everyone knows that eating too much doesn't cause babies, drinking too much does. I therefore suggest a gameplay change where an abundance of rum results in a new colonist. :thumbsup:

Sorry. To me it's always been clear since Col I. Dragoon == 50 guns + 50 horses => 50 man-unit. Wagon is 1 wagon with 2 horses. Period.

How does a wagon train consist of one wagon carrying two hundred tons of goods?

Man, I wanna see your wagon. ;)

Population growth should be more frequent during the WOI and other wars if we're talking realism. ;)

Dragoons DID fight on foot at the time the game takes place. Dragoons were infantry troops that rode to the battle on regular pack horses then hoped off to fight. It wasn't until after Napoleon that dragoons fought on horseback.

There is one female, I think it's the expert sugar planter or something else I never use.

Aha, that makes my idea about rum fueling population growth all the more valid! As it is, women have no part in population growth as food is produced by male farmers and fishermen. In my idea, women make the sugar which men use to make into new people.

Of course in real life it is the other way around, men give women some sugar and they are the ones who use it to make new people. All this shows that Firaxis clearly know nothing about reproduction. :crazyeye:

Someone on another forum suggested that for the sake of realism, any time a Regular moves onto a tile being worked by an Expert Sugar Planter, he should rape the planter and pilliage the tile, then spontaneously die 18 turns later when his son has grown up and avenges his mother.

Yeah, everyone knows that eating too much doesn't cause babies, drinking too much does. I therefore suggest a gameplay change where an abundance of rum results in a new colonist. :thumbsup:

:D Back in the days population growth was regulated by death and disease mostly caused by malnutrition and not as much by inhibitions to mate.

IRT Reveilled,

I've just read up on the Boston Tea Party, and I must say that the way Sid Meier violates history is enough rape for one game.

Someone on another forum suggested that for the sake of realism, any time a Regular moves onto a tile being worked by an Expert Sugar Planter, he should rape the planter and pilliage the tile, then spontaneously die 18 turns later when his son has grown up and avenges his mother.

Hey, if we want realism, any colonist who comes in contact with crabs should die 5 turns later too. :p

You all do realize that each colonist represents several hundred . . . right? So it's not just one little sugar planter lady in a field. And that's why it takes 150 horses to make a dragoon. that one dude isn't driving the wells fargo stagecoach.

Among things that defy logic: An elder stateman when added to a colony lowers the liberty bells for a period. In other words: He has to convince himself!

You all do realize that each colonist represents several hundred . . . right? So it's not just one little sugar planter lady in a field. And that's why it takes 150 horses to make a dragoon. that one dude isn't driving the wells fargo stagecoach.

That doesn't make any sense. Do you think the indian chief is going to happily take in hundreds of male free colonists and have the resident sugar planter perform hundreds of sex change operations free of charge? No way, it's obvious it's one guy getting the Male-to-Female Op. from the sugar planter moonlighting as the medicine plastic surgeon.

Nope. Hundreds of dudes are changing to women.
Truth is: The natives are aliens doing strange experiments on willing colonist. They come away from the alien spaceship, disguised as a village, as nothing more than borg like sugar planters -- strangely transformed into women.

Nope. Hundreds of dudes are changing to women.
Truth is: The natives are aliens doing strange experiments on willing colonist. They come away from the alien spaceship, disguised as a village, as nothing more than borg like sugar planters -- strangely transformed into women.

Ooo, that's hot.

While we're at it, who ever heard of breeding horses by feeding them fish? Horses are strict vegetarians.

You know what they say. You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him eat fish.

Top Bottom