THE Civ of the Week Thread!

The first post says that the Khitan are next, but that could be subject to change. It's either I'll redo Khitan, or either Tocharistan or Khazaria, not sure, depends on what LH I want to make.

Khazaria would be pretty cool, but is there any way you could change the colors? I am using those colors for Ukraine. And it makes a bit more sense that, if either one had those colors, it should be Ukraine.

Khazaria would be pretty cool, but is there any way you could change the colors? I am using those colors for Ukraine. And it makes a bit more sense that, if either one had those colors, it should be Ukraine.

Alright, Khazars it is.

@The Capo: The Khazars also had a similar colored flag as Ukraine, if I remember (either that or I'm confusing them with the Crimean Tartars). I won't change them in the main version, but I can give you a modified flag and color xml with colors from one of my other civ of the weeks, so that way you can still have different colors for them.

Well, Khazaria then Tocharistan. I want to make a European leaderhead for once (although the Khazars weren't European per se). Anyhow, Tocharistan's a bit hard, since they have no real leader that I can find any decent information online; the leader I'll be using is Ban Chao, a Chinese general who conquered/subjugated the region and sort of ruled as the Chinese "governor"/overseer there for a while.

Although to be honest Tocharistan would be pretty interesting - they're probably going to be one of the most obscure and exotic civs I'll be making in a long while. :D

I found THIS page on Wikipedia, which says it was their flag. I don't really know if this is accurate or not because someone apparently has asked that it be deleted saying it isn't accurate, I figured the colors could be used though. Just a thought.

There are two leaders of the Yuezhi known, but they are only known from coins, so about the only thing we know is their name. They are Agesiles and Sapadbizes.

Ah, see, I wasn't thinking of the Yuezhi, but more rather the city-states in the Tarim Basin and that area (where the Tocharians also were); also from what I know the relationship between the Yuezhi and Tocharians aren't exactly clear. Although, yeah, even if I did include the Yuezhi under the Tocharians, those leaders probably wouldn't provide sufficient civilopedia entries. :D

I found THIS page on Wikipedia, which says it was their flag. I don't really know if this is accurate or not because someone apparently has asked that it be deleted saying it isn't accurate, I figured the colors could be used though. Just a thought.

I'm not exactly sure about that flag either, because I haven't seen it anywhere else. Actually, I could use an even lighter blue for the Khazars if you want; after all, the button doesn't need to have the exact same color as the civ itself.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, the liklihood of me actually making a Khazar module is pretty low (by making I mean giving yours flavored units and then changing the XML to fit my mod), and even if I do get around to doing it I could probably get a flag made by that point. So it's cool. :goodjob:

Alright, that's cool; if you are looking for more nomadic "civs" besides the Huns (who didn't last that long, actually), I think the Khazars would probably be a pretty nice addition too; besides being another one of those big nomadic Empires, they also can be one of the few civs in the game to have Judaism as a favorite religion.

Just wanted to tell everybody that I've put up a section for those who want to make Civilization requests (third post), listing some guidelines and warnings and limitations and other nice things about civ requests. See HERE.

Here's an idea for a civ of the Week: The Dominicans.

I believe CivGold already has a "West Indies" civilization. :)

You've done a really good job on these civs!:goodjob: Can you make the Samnites?
For the UU you can use one of my Samnite units.
The leader can be Marcus Fannius from the Samnite Wars. Since you said you would look up the information by yourself I won't post the links of the articles I found.

EDIT:nevermind, it's already been made here unless you want to improve it.

Thanks for the compliment!

If it's already been made, I don't think I will bother to make it, frankly. I would love to say that I would make it, but if it's already made then I probably won't make it. Got too many things to do. :D

I believe CivGold already has a "West Indies" civilization. :)

I always thought it represented the former colonies of France and England (Jamaica, Haiti, and the former West Indies Federation), which are mostly black-populated and have similar culture. I think the Dominicans deserve a civ as much as the Cubans do. The Capo already made Puerto Rico, so with them and Cuba, we have only one island left.

I always thought it represented the former colonies of France and England (Jamaica, Haiti, and the former West Indies Federation), which are mostly black-populated and have similar culture. I think the Dominicans deserve a civ as much as the Cubans do. The Capo already made Puerto Rico, so with them and Cuba, we have only one island left.

You have a point there. I looked it up a bit, and I think the Dominicans do have enough on them to qualify as a Civ of the Week (yes, unlike what it says in the introduction or the "what is cotw" or whatever, I can't exactly do the obscurest civs, not because I don't want to, but because I can't give any info - but thankfully the Dominicans do have a lot of info on them, since they're still alive).

However, I will be brutally honest and say that they're going to be way down the list. As in way down. The only way I could move them up the list is if I didn't have to make my own leaderhead; if you know an existing leaderhead that can work brilliant for them, then I can use it and make it a lot easily than if I had to make one on my own.

Oh, you didn't mention the LH thing. Okay. I get it.

Top Bottom