Star of the Shogun: Realpolitik

There will be war whether we like it or not; it is a fact of life, and is impossible to stop, especially with such an aggressive leader as Napoleon nearby - And with us being so militarily weak. Even if we do not do a preemptive strike (which would be the preferable option), it is in everyone's best interests to build up a large army so that we can face them, either in attack or in defense.

We shouldn't forget that an assault on enemy land would require the whole of the armed forces we can produce the next term? No units would be left to defend our territory, and another war t the same time would imply the loss of many more lives than if we sit here, practising and growing strong until they try to attack us. As I already said, if we are in power, we will create a scouted zone between us and France in order to foresee a possible attack.

Besides, we plan to ally the City-State sitting between both nations to prevent them from turning French.

Clearly, there are those with French sympathy in our land. All it would take is for us to raise three more units of spearmen and our current archers and we will be able to strike at France with the might of Japan's weighted honor. To not is dishonorable. To wait is to sacrifice six to become a God to four for the only, and I mean only, reason why anyone would wait and sacrifice their honor and people is because they want to look like saviors to the survivors when the war is over.

People of Japan please attend carefully!

The JDP and the Mercantilists wish to announce the formation of the Coalition for Japanese Security and Prosperity!

Esteemed Daimyo Sonoreal and my humble self shall be running on a joint ticket for this glorious new partnership. Together, with our combined expertise, we can lead Japan not just to new heights but to glorious triumph over the French menace!

I vote for the Mercantilists and the JDP

For a second there I thought I felt a breeze of warmth enter these halls; but the echoes of kind words had not yet faded when there was a new tone. War!

I have heard numerous excuses for reasons to go to a quick war. Yes, excuses; for the rage war is always blind. "The French will betray us", you say; "we must attack to defend", you say. A lot of great words being said of protecting our women and children!

Oh, Immortals! Are you all fooling yourselves? I wonder if you even realize it yourself - you are not thinking of our own safety! You are not thinking of the Japanese people, much less the Japanese women and children. You are all blinded by the shine of this El Dorado, and your own bloodlust. Don't let it take control of you! You are Immortals of Japan, don't forget your responsibility for your people!

It does seem likely that we are heading for war, for one reason or another. I hope you remember your words of our brave warriors when the unfortunate of our sons meet their valiant deaths. And I do hope you remember your words of the terrors of the French w

Most importantly: Of course we all know that our valiant forces shall prove victorious. When they do, when you are pillaging around the French cities; remember then what you said about compassion! Do remember the faces of your wives and daughters when you are victorious and facing the weak of the French.

If you don't, you are no better than these French you claim to be so horrible.

Oh, Immortals! Are you all fooling yourselves? I wonder if you even realize it yourself - you are not thinking of our own safety! You are not thinking of the Japanese people, much less the Japanese women and children. You are all blinded by the shine of this El Dorado, and your own bloodlust. Don't let it take control of you! You are Immortals of Japan, don't forget your responsibility for your people!

Yes, you are an Immortal of Japan. You are not an Immortal of France. Unlike the pro-appeasement crowd, we are not going to sacrifice Japanese women and children to protect French women and children.

It does seem likely that we are heading for war, for one reason or another. I hope you remember your words of our brave warriors when the unfortunate of our sons meet their valiant deaths. And I do hope you remember your words of the terrors of the French w

It is clear that many are shameful that our army is called the Japanese Self-Defense Force. It is clear that the sons of Japan wish to protect Japan from the French ravaging our nation in the future. This is apparent, given that the JSDF is a volunteer force currently.

Most importantly: Of course we all know that our valiant forces shall prove victorious. When they do, when you are pillaging around the French cities; remember then what you said about compassion! Do remember the faces of your wives and daughters when you are victorious and facing the weak of the French.

My worry isn't for the people of France. My worry of people do not pass the border except for our own expeditionary forces and our allies.

If you don't, you are no better than these French you claim to be so horrible.

I'm not a French sympathizer. I'm a Japanese sympathizer.

I vote Mercantile/JDP

People of Japan

Do not forget who was the first to tell you of the French menace. Do not forget who was the first to alert our shocked population to the crimes perpetrated by those of the tricolor. In front of us is a chance to strike back at a people who have insulted our honor, traditions, sovereignty, and safety. After all, it is the Isolationists who plugged their fingers in their collective ears and covered their eyes with a blindfold of ignorance and neglect. The isolationists, shamefully, forced Japan to become a nation that can not strike, but can only respond to the enemy. They created a Japanese Defense Force.

Our army receives little funding and little care as it should because it is the army that will protect Japan in the coming years. An increased in benefits for soldiers will be the first of many reforms which will give the soldier, the man with a spear who must trudged along through wilderness in the height of winter or through the blistering heat of summer, a square deal. We will not pretend that we don't need soldiers to protect our people, like the Isolationists did. We will not wait for the French to be ready and to come at us so we may shout COUNTERATTACK to the survivors.

There will be blood. There always is during war. The question is do we want to allow Japanese civilians not in the army to have blood spilled by the Hordes of the Tricolor simply because we have spineless, appeasing, politicians willing to stab the collective Japanese in the back or do we will risk our valiant soldiers, who volunteer, to fight against the French and watch as French soil is muddied with the crimson fluid that the French claim to be blood. Do you want our soldiers to hear the words ATTACK, FORWARD, VICTORY or the words HOLD THE LINE, DEFEND, COUNTERATTACK, FORWARD, VICTORY. We are saving money, lives, and time by ridding ourselves of four and a half words for we do not respond to what the Tricolor Horde does. We want them to respond to us. We want the French to bend to our will.

The Isolationists and those who Appease France by waiting for France to strike will Sacrifice Six to Become Gods to Four and while they sit on a growing pile of Japanese corpses, they will shout COUNTERATTACK while they drink sake and ignore the plight of the average farmer in the countryside who will suffer the war or the average daughter who lives on the border. Oh, you hear talks of preparing to be invaded. You'll hear talks of increasing the size of our military for a prolonged period of time. To me, this is the greatest insult to Japan's honor because it shows that the pro-Appeasement crowd are waiting for France to punch us in the back and some of them will be there with a knife in our backs. Again, these will be the people who are waiting to scream COUNTERATTACK after the four are dead.

Don't sacrifice six to be worshiped by four.

Long live Japan

Vote Mercantile-JDP

Yes, you are an Immortal of Japan. You are not an Immortal of France. Unlike the pro-appeasement crowd, we are not going to sacrifice Japanese women and children to protect French women and children.

Ninim answers Sonereal's provocation with an unwavering, kind smile.

You are so quick to attack anyone near you! Your hasty and rash words go to waste here, Sonereal. I am not your enemy, I am not running against you; believe me, a loveless government like this is something I

Trying to provoke me will only let everyone know your true motivation. Bloodlust has completely coptured your heart.

- You claim you know French people, yet none save our brave Scouts have ever met any of them.

- You claim you know Japanese people, yet you wish to train them as Spearmen. Spearmen! The visions are clear; the future of our people is in swords, not spears. Does a spearman learn to wield the long swords our people shall be known for?

Ninim closes her eyes and lets out a sigh.

It is clear bloodlust is clouding your vision and your judgment. There is no love in your heart. I pray you will realize it before the end.

Look. We all like peace, love and dont want war. But France will attack us. We need to defend our nation. Only that if we wait for them to attack, we will be destroyed. If we attack them first they will be destroyed. And anyway either France or Japan will be destroyed. There is no way we can live in peace. I prefer to see paris burnt to the ground and the french families dead than see Japan enslaved and our families die.

my party wishes to coalate with whoever is promising to declare war on France, not sure which coalition that is though...

My votes will got for my party (which is the Brotherhood of the One Vision, which for some reason was removed from the party list) and my second vote will be announced later.

I promise to declare war on France

Ninim answers Sonereal's provocation with an unwavering, kind smile.

You are so quick to attack anyone near you! Your hasty and rash words go to waste here, Sonereal. I am not your enemy, I am not running against you; believe me, a loveless government like this is something I

It isn't an attack. I'm just pointing out that anyone who supports waiting is supporting the loss of Japanese civilians in the name of proving a point.

- You claim you know French people, yet none save our brave Scouts have ever met any of them.

- You claim you know Japanese people, yet you wish to train them as Spearmen. Spearmen! The visions are clear; the future of our people is in swords, not spears. Does a spearman learn to wield the long swords our people shall be known for?

Ninim closes her eyes and lets out a sigh.

It is clear bloodlust is clouding your vision and your judgment. There is no love in your heart. I pray you will realize it before the end.

If I recall, we don't have iron yet. If we do, great, we can train samurai instead. If we don't, then spears is really all we need. Same end results but swords will just speed things along.

Warriors could upgrade to swords eventually, spears cannot. And spears are only marginally better than warriors.

Personally I would stick to warriors for now if/when we're going to train an army. :)

:agree:

Me too

Top Bottom