A Complete Guide to Achievements (Civ V)

I've been hearing that disabling time victory in advanced set up allows you to earn victory achievements again. Can anyone confirm that?

With the new patch being released, the following achievements are supposed to be fixed:

Fixed a bug causing all "Victory" achievements to stop functioning for the base game and Gods and Kings.
Fix the "Dr Livingstone" achievement.
Fix the "Pickett's Recharge" achievement.
Fix "Greed is Good" achievement. No longer unlocks when the AI fulfills the requirements.

If anyone can confirm these are working after the patch is released, that would be helpful.

With the new patch being released, the following achievements are supposed to be fixed:

If anyone can confirm these are working after the patch is released, that would be helpful.

These work now. Pulled up both of my old saved games and they unlocked right away.

So far the only two I don't have are major general and the religion/capitals/standard map one.

Hiya, I just wanted to let the OP (and others) know that this particular achievement is indeed Civ-specific:

British Invasion - Perform a Concert Tour with a British Great Musician in American territory. (May not be Civ-specific)

It must be a Great Musician from England. I tried sending a Great Musician, who was actually British, into American territory to perform a Concert Tour while playing as a different civilization (Morocco, I think). The achievement wasn't earned.

So, I tried this again as England (I didn't even check if the Great Musician was indeed a British one), and the achievement kicked in.

Here's what the achievement says on Steam: British Invasion - Perform a Concert Tour with an English Great Musician in American territory.

Hiya, I just wanted to let the OP (and others) know that this particular achievement is indeed Civ-specific:

It must be a Great Musician from England. I tried sending a Great Musician, who was actually British, into American territory to perform a Concert Tour while playing as a different civilization (Morocco, I think). The achievement wasn't earned.

So, I tried this again as England (I didn't even check if the Great Musician was indeed a British one), and the achievement kicked in.

Here's what the achievement says on Steam: British Invasion - Perform a Concert Tour with an English Great Musician in American territory.
Yeah they changed the wording to clarify the conditions to earn. Orginally it said British G Musican.

Yeah they changed the wording to clarify the conditions to earn. Orginally it said British G Musican.

Thanks, both of you. I'll fix that.

Well, I've been thinking about this, and I've decided to retire from editing this guide. At least for right now. Personal reasons, mainly.

So I'd like it if some people would take it up for me, and keep it maintained in some form. I'll still try to contribute where I can, when I can, but I'd like to see some other people take this on.

A few months ago, I tried out a wiki format for this guide. I stopped because it was a lot of work at the time, translating this entire guide to a new format, but I think with some community help it would work. Before I link to it publically, though, I'd like to show it to some people for feedback.

If anyone's interested in helping out with this, let me know. I'd like to have it going by next week.

For "One To Rule Them All", you don't actually need to have the one-city option selected, though it's a good safety precaution. I got the achievement early on in a game where I only built one city; I hadn't discovered that there was an actual option for it back then.

Last post for now, I promise...I've just been going over achievements to see what I had left, and I'm done that now. :)

Exploit for 'Panzer "Shafernator" General': Quick Save just before you win, click One More Turn on the win screen, then Quick Load. Repeat until you have 100 wins.

Link to the wiki: http://civilization-v-achievements.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_V_Achievements_Wiki

I don't know whether I'll be able to maintain either the wiki or the guide beyond this point. Got a lot going on right now. If I can, I'd like to keep it up, but it all depends on how things go.

Last post for now, I promise...I've just been going over achievements to see what I had left, and I'm done that now. :)

Exploit for 'Panzer "Shafernator" General': Quick Save just before you win, click One More Turn on the win screen, then Quick Load. Repeat until you have 100 wins.

Yeah, any time a victory condition is triggered, it counts for that. Easiest is probably set a game to end after 2 turns and team up with an AI, quick save on turn one, and end the turn. Then keep reloading the save.

For "One To Rule Them All", you don't actually need to have the one-city option selected, though it's a good safety precaution. I got the achievement early on in a game where I only built one city; I hadn't discovered that there was an actual option for it back then.

That's good to know. Never confirmed that.

Another correction: "Pillage, Then Burn" is not scenario-specific. It can be done in any game.

I'd have to check that out. I seem to remember not being able to unlock it in normal play.

-----

Steam Family Sharing lets you earn achievements without having the buy the game again, which makes it perfect for achievement testing. It's possible to make an alt account with no achievements, play on a shared computer, and earn achievements. Technically, there's no limit to this. So if you're in the sharing beta, it's a good way to find out specifics on achievements.

As a proof that ragan651's wiki initiative was a good idea, here's my addition to it: a sortable Overview of all achievements.

I parsed the main components of each achievement and noticed a pattern: most of them have a "setup" requirement, that involves things you do *before* you actually play the game. For example, you need to make sure you have the correct expansion, or that you properly select the game parameters before clicking "Begin". All these are filters on which you can sort the achievements, as can be seen on the wiki.

As a proof that ragan651's wiki initiative was a good idea, here's my addition to it: a sortable Overview of all achievements.

I parsed the main components of each achievement and noticed a pattern: most of them have a "setup" requirement, that involves things you do *before* you actually play the game. For example, you need to make sure you have the correct expansion, or that you properly select the game parameters before clicking "Begin". All these are filters on which you can sort the achievements, as can be seen on the wiki.

Nice work, thanks for doing this.
A couple of suggestions.
Have a column for play as civ and another one for other civs required.

Also many of the GNK achievement should be able to be achieved with BNW only.
cheers
John

Thanks again for the nice work on that.

Nice work, thanks for doing this.
A couple of suggestions.
Have a column for play as civ and another one for other civs required.

Also many of the GNK achievement should be able to be achieved with BNW only.
cheers
John

Good point, about the G&K achievements in BNW. Anything that doesn't have a G&K-specific civ or scenario to it should probably be listed as obtainable with BNW.

Next week, I might be able to pick up BNW so hopefully I can do some achievements and look things over, if I can just find time...

Just unlocked Run 50 Miles using a warrior. Updated the guide accordingly.

It is known something to unlock "We are family" achievement? I try the normal way, multiplayer with 2 civ and no city states more than one time and it doesn't unlock :(

Top Bottom