AIs at higher difficulties shouldn't have some advantages.

How about we substitute "ridiculous" with "unnecessary"?

I bet, had you used this word instead of what you used, this discussion wouldn't have derailed to begin with. You got some strong responses there. :) I think you explained yourself pretty well, though, and so did Ryika. You both are right. I agree with you, that most of the time posters like OP just don't know how to overcome the obstacles thus get frustrated. Some might even believe this is not possible without cheats and so on. Been there, done that, seen that many times. Yet, he's right that not everybody are supposed to want to overcome them and if the above mods exist, someone finds them useful - which is also fine. Just let it go, guys. :) I mean... OP is not even here. :p

I bet, had you used this word instead of what you used, this discussion wouldn't have derailed to begin with. You got some strong responses there. :) I think you explained yourself pretty well, though, and so did Ryika. You both are right. I agree with you, that most of the time posters like OP just don't know how to overcome the obstacles thus get frustrated. Some might even believe this is not possible without cheats and so on. Been there, done that, seen that many times. Yet, he's right that not everybody are supposed to want to overcome them and if the above mods exist, someone finds them useful - which is also fine. Just let it go, guys. :) I mean... OP is not even here. :p

Ok, good point. I'm willing to negotiate peace with my neighbors :)

All I offered was a way to overcome the odds. I gave suggestions and mentioned some guides. That's it.

No you didn't. Read it again. Here, I'll even put it right here.

That's ridiculous. You don't need mods to overcome the AI advantages on diety. If you aren't pulling ahead of the civs in science by turn 150 and surely by 180-200 you are either doing something wrong or rolled a horrible map.

The AI is dumb enough. It needs a head start on diety to make things a little interesting.

That was your response. That's not a way to overcome anything. That's not a suggestion, and that's not a guide.

I hate how the diety game is just catch-up. so i play on immortal, but with a mod that increases the AI's science based on the era - by the industrial it has 200% science (the % can be changed to your liking).

it makes the game more even at the beggining, and at the end you dont actually have 10 techs lead on the AI. makes for more interesting games.

its called buffed AI mod.

I hate how the diety game is just catch-up. so i play on immortal, but with a mod that increases the AI's science based on the era - by the industrial it has 200% science (the % can be changed to your liking).

it makes the game more even at the beggining, and at the end you dont actually have 10 techs lead on the AI. makes for more interesting games.

its called buffed AI mod.
I consider that an essential mod. I wouldn't play without it.

No you didn't. Read it again. Here, I'll even put it right here.

That was your response. That's not a way to overcome anything. That's not a suggestion, and that's not a guide.

Well I see we are back to WAR DECLARED! :) Good job leaving out my other responses like the one where I mentioned Tabarnak's tradition guide, about growing tall early and about trying Babylon if you really want to power your way through the ancient techs.

The Pilgrim, I need you back. I need my Civ Negotiator! :)

This is about opinions. I'm with the TC.

To me is not about how easier/harder is the game without free techs/units, is how the game changes as you go up in difficulty.

The game changes to a science catch-up game. There's little margin to do nothing that's not focusing growth/science. There's not enough time to get your ancient/classical units to shine.

I did my own mods to cover it up. Problem solved.

I can sympathise with the OP, I play for fun only but I hate that the AI gets a free scout on emperor since I consider my own emphasis on scouting to be a strategic commitment that the Ai gets to make for free. So I end up playing on king where I just get way too far ahead too easily. This mod that gets mentioned above sounds exactly like something I've wished for where the Ai boosts aren't that front loaded but scale by era.

That's ridiculous. You don't need mods to overcome the AI advantages on diety. If you aren't pulling ahead of the civs in science by turn 150 and surely by 180-200 you are either doing something wrong or rolled a horrible map.

The AI is dumb enough. It needs a head start on diety to make things a little interesting.

If you are pulling ahead consistently by turn 150 then you are playing the game too repetitively. There are many ways to play the game and deity shouldn't just be a tradition-rationalism science catch up game.

If you are pulling ahead consistently by turn 150 then you are playing the game too repetitively. There are many ways to play the game and deity shouldn't just be a tradition-rationalism science catch up game.

I hate to admit it but you are right. I've been playing way too many tradition SV and CV games lately. Now that I've had a chance to reread all my posts I do realize how much of a jerk I sounded like in this thread.

My apologies to all.

Top Bottom