Civilization puzzles

No further explanations? My take on the 21:4::37: ?

No further explanations? My take on the 21:4::37: ?

At least not until someone figures out the actual explanation!
Spoiler :
Yes, 37 is the full number of tiles covered by a city (i.e. three tiles in all directions), but 19 (not 21) is the two tiles radius.

Spoiler :
Alright, the solution to the 21:4::37:? question is 5,

21 is the number of tiles a city can work in civ 4
37 is the number of tiles a city can work in civ 5

Ouch, not a hint first?
Spoiler :
I thought with civ 4 there were 33 tiles. Was that number from civ 3 or SMAC? Or are all three games 21 tiles?
Thanks for these klaskeren. We still waiting for one to be solved. How about a clue?

Spoiler :
the last one is much harder, but here is a hint:

there is no mathematical relation between the numbers, and they dont refer to any values in the game.

Spoiler :
I thought everything related to Civ V - no wonder I couldn't understand that one. Is the final one related to the alphabet regarding numerical values?

Nice guessing topresch!
Spoiler :
The sequence (23, 19, 12, 13, 18, 7, 9) converts to “yvlmrgi”, so I don’t think that helps, but I am listing ithere case you are on the right track and the letter sequences helps someone else...
Spoiler :
I also tried ROT13, but that’s just “liyzetv”.

Nice guessing topresch!
Spoiler :
The sequence (23, 19, 12, 13, 18, 7, 9) converts to “yvlmrgi”, so I don’t think that helps, but I am listing ithere case you are on the right track and the letter sequences helps someone else...
Spoiler :
I also tried ROT13, but that’s just “liyzetv”.

your conversion of the 2 first letters you counted wrong i think

Ping for another hint request. Was topresch on the right track?

Spoiler :
Yes topresch was right, indeed this sequence relates to the alphabet in the way mentioned, and the sequence wslmrgi? refers to a sequence of something in the game that starts early, and ends late.

awww man! Just found this, well good work guys. :) I still don't totally get the first one.
Spoiler :
Gatling guns have 36 ranged and normal strength according to wiki unless that was changed in a recent patch? Other numbers match ranged then normal strength stats of the ranged upgrade path, excluding the machine gun and bazooka.

Top Bottom