CIV Gold!

Wyz_sub10 said:
The mirror is on FileFront which is a kazillion times slower than 3DDownloads (which is why we moved it). I'm afraid we really haven't any faster option at this point.

ok i will give that a go. the speed i am used to it is just the non-resuming that is causing me grief thanks

HawkeyeGS said:
ok i will give that a go. the speed i am used to it is just the non-resuming that is causing me grief thanks

We could upload several smaller zips each of which contain a chunk, then you could reassemble on your end. How big a file are you consistently able to download?

Also, no broadband connection? Do you have running water?

:lol: :eek: :rolleyes: :blush: Sorry...couldn't help myself...

Sevo said:
We could upload several smaller zips each of which contain a chunk, then you could reassemble on your end. How big a file are you consistently able to download?

Also, no broadband connection? Do you have running water?

:lol: :eek: :rolleyes: :blush: Sorry...couldn't help myself...
OUCH lmao goes for the jugular don't he?

Sevo said:
We could upload several smaller zips each of which contain a chunk, then you could reassemble on your end.

That's a good idea.

Sevo, I have a few corrections etc. to make for CIV Gold. What I can do is get these changes done for (hopefully) Wednesday night, and upload to the server in smaller chunks.

it would really be helpful to me if you release it in portions because i am working on adding this, or actually making this the basis for, the new version of my allcivs mod

but you guys do great work

Looks like a cool mod, I'll download and give you some feedback in the near future. If its as good as it seems, I'll probably end up giving Warlords a miss.

coachlentz said:
it would really be helpful to me if you release it in portions because i am working on adding this, or actually making this the basis for, the new version of my allcivs mod

but you guys do great work

Don't forget to ask all the creators of the mod if they'll allow you to put it in your own...Something I noticed you didn't do for your all civ mod.

Are there currently any plans to combine CivGold and Sevomods? Simply put, if I play CivGold, I really miss the interface improvements (civopedia, trade, relations, etc.), as well as some of the wonders and improvements.

I am happy that there are new races in the Sevomod of course, but I like the consistency of the civilizations in CivGold (since they're animated and true to the Civ3 feel).

So... anyone know?

Stacmon said:
Are there currently any plans to combine CivGold and Sevomods? Simply put, if I play CivGold, I really miss the interface improvements (civopedia, trade, relations, etc.), as well as some of the wonders and improvements.

I am happy that there are new races in the Sevomod of course, but I like the consistency of the civilizations in CivGold (since they're animated and true to the Civ3 feel).

So... anyone know?

I think it was mentioned in this thread, but yes, Sevo plans to replace the existing civs in his mod with the CIV GOld civs. That was one of the reasons he gave us a hand.

well... why you dont put a Brazilian Civ of CivArmy 1994??? he create a very good leaders... and put a diferent animation... well... think about in your other version... this is cool!

HP_Ganesha said:
well... why you dont put a Brazilian Civ of CivArmy 1994??? he create a very good leaders... and put a diferent animation... well... think about in your other version... this is cool!

We didn't use any of CivArmy's leaderheads for CIV Gold - we re-skinned existing ones in order to ensure all leaderheads were animated.

Brazil hasn't been forgotten. :) We have already planned out 2 more releases *but* we are all busy with other projects right now, and real life's a killer. Look to May or thereabouts for version 2.0.

I am quite embarassed to be posting this... seeing as no one else has had any troubles... but... here I am!

I have downloaded Civgold and am anxiously awaiting to play it but I can't seem to get it to work.

I have the most recent patch on the game and no other mods.

What can I do?

Did you install the game already, or are you having problems extracting the .7z file?

I have installed the game... the standard way... I did not have any problems extracting the files... just installing them into the game... I try to play a single player game, but I don't see the new civilizations.

Did you extract the file into your MODS folder? It doesn't make a different if you did it through your "My Games" path of the directory in Progam Files where the game is installed by default ... just make sure it is in the MODS folder.

To load up the mod, start a new game and on the main menu click "ADVANCED." There will then be an option on a new menu "LOAD A MOD." Click on that and it will give you a list of mods available to load. Select CIV Gold and press OK. It will tell you that you need to restart the game to load the mod, press OK to do so and once the game restarts the Mod will be loaded. :)

Thanks a lot!! I will try that once I am done at this place they call "work". Damn people take away valuable Civ time!!:mad:

Can all the civs from your mod plus all the standard ones be used in a single game? What is the maximum number of civs one can simultaneously have in a match?

Civs worth considering for future updates: Israel, Hungary, Italy, Bulgaria, Romania, Switzerland, Sweden, Serbia, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia.

Fantastic! Amazing! Stupendous!

Just because I like to pick nits:

1) Why do you have the Iroquois leaders standing in the Plains in front of buffalo, in one case. The Iroquois lived on the forests of the eastern United States and Canada.

2) What is that music you've chosen for Nebuchadrezzar (who looks like a drag queen just before she puts on her wig)? It doesn't sound very Assyrian or Babylonian to me.

But who cares, really?!!?!?! It's fabulous work and I love playing it. Thanks.

:king: Peace

Top Bottom