Science Discussion 2: Whos Next

Stuck_as_a_Mac

Aptenodytes forsteri
Well, in 8 turns we will have Fission. We will also have a prebuild that has been worked on for 8 turns as well that will become the UN.

Upon building the UN, we are given the option to hold an election. If we play our diplomatic cards right (not my field), we win.

The question, then, is does it really matter what we start researching after Fission is done.

Do we go for Computers to get better defense? The ecology path for (eventual) offense?

Discuss

Bring in the computers to bring in the information age! :D

Go ecology! Let's leave the world a cleaner place, even if we are going to win next TC.

It is not a given that we will win the Election. There are many people who do not want to see us win a manipulated election, so it could be a draw.

Lets put the culture route in the queue in case we need to persue a culture victory (either as an agreed upon goal or because a UN victory ends in a draw). We need to get to the Internet asap for a culture push.

Civanator said:
It seems as though this game is going to be over next turnchat (Sunday). I doubt we'll need to research anything more, but let's just put computers in the queue.

Not really. It's customary to stop just before victory, then have a victory chat. Unless you WANT Sunday to be the Victory Chat.

It seems that some of the same that does not want a diplomatic victory wants to overrule the majority for Diplo with forcing us to lose the UN vote by restricting our chances to win it. So maybe the ones honestly wanting a diplowin with no hidden agenda should be the ones with the moral high grounds in presenting the means to get it.
Of course, if honorable is a de facto outcome leading to either historgraph and culture, I find that kind of dirty. Sneaky, but highly unethical since many wants this to end.

Provolution said:
It seems that some of the same that does not want a diplomatic victory wants to overrule the majority for Diplo with forcing us to lose the UN vote by restricting our chances to win it. So maybe the ones honestly wanting a diplowin with no hidden agenda should be the ones with the moral high grounds in presenting the means to get it.
Of course, if honorable is a de facto outcome leading to either historgraph and culture, I find that kind of dirty. Sneaky, but highly unethical since many wants this to end.

I think if you look at the people voting for a non-exploitive UN vote, you will find about half are people in favor of the diplo win. I personally am not trying to restrict our chance of to win it. I consider it an exploit to artificially manipulatee the AI attitude just prior to the vote and I never do it in my games (not even in a GOTM where it is allowed.)

Top Bottom