Civ Of The Week

Your making the Mughals? And Akbar's gonna be a leader? Awesome!

What's the other leader gonna be, Shah Jahan, Jahangir or Aurangzeb? Aurangzeb would be a good contrast to Akbar (one was tolerant, the other a zealot).
Um... I still haven't gotten a response.

Cyberxkhan, how do you get the UUs? I am trying to mod in civs, I can do it, but I just can't think of UUs. Do you use Wikipedia for your Civilopedia entries, not make Civilopedia entries, or make your own?

well, are you going to do BtS or not?????

perhaps, but probably not yet. maybe even never, if i get busy enough. the thing is, i'm right now managing an even bigger and ambitious project right now (see my sig if youre interested).

i have done a Vietnam BtS version; if i have free time, i will try to make the others.

Cyberxkhan, how do you get the UUs? I am trying to mod in civs, I can do it, but I just can't think of UUs. Do you use Wikipedia for your Civilopedia entries, not make Civilopedia entries, or make your own?

for UUs, i generally take wikipedia and search google. its not very reliable, but it gets the job done.

sorry if im not available to answer - im busy with my project right now. :) but don't worry, i hopefully won't forget you guys

after the mughals, can u make a mod for the oyo empire or an updated version for the kingdom of benin:confused: :D

p.s. vietnamese looks impressive

You say you have a whole list of civs that people haven't made yet? Is the Macedonian Empire on this list, by chance? :3

THIS WEEKS CIV: THE VIETNAMESE

Name: The Mughal Empire

What a strange typo.

Hello all!

After a long break from Civ of the Week, I've decided to upload a civ, at long last - Venezuela.

Venezuela is actually going to be featured in the World of Legends "Unofficial Expansion", but I have decided to upload it as a mini-mini-demo for WoL. Nevertheless, this is only one civ to be added.

I may consider uploading a few other civs that may be featured in WoL.
Heres the link to Venezuela:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7500

You say you have a whole list of civs that people haven't made yet? Is the Macedonian Empire on this list, by chance? :3

No, it has already been made. *grimaces*

THIS WEEKS CIV: THE VIETNAMESE

Name: The Mughal Empire

What a strange typo.

I finally noticed that too. :) But its all changed now, so...

Ok. I have a serious problem here. After I downloaded the Khitan civilization, I saved it in here:
C:\Documents and Settings\ben\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\New Civilizations

I created a new folder anyway. After that, I copy+paste the XML Documents to the C:\Program Files by right-clicking the Civ4 shortcut & clicked properties & then clicked find target. I copy+paste the XML documents to the following files:

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\XML\Art
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\XML\Audio
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\XML\Civilizations
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\XML\GameInfo
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\XML\Interface
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\XML\Text
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\XML\Units

I also copy+paste the sound files to this folder:
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\Sounds\Diplomacy
On the XML files, It said that I should have the option to replace the files or not. I clicked Yes one by one. Then when I played the game, a series of warnings about XML files not loading pop up while the game's still loading. I ignored them. Then, when I check the Civilopedia, all the civs were gone & when I clicked the "Play Now!" & at the area where I supposed to pick a civilization, there were no civilizations to choose from except for Random. Can anyone please help me with this??????? I NEED HELP!!!!!!

Okay, you've made several serious mistakes here, and it might mean you have to re-install, sorry.

The first thing you should have done is kept the folder you had when you un-zipped. You should have put this folder into:

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods\New Civilizations\Assets\

The text in bold is what you missed off. You should NEVER overwrite your core files. Always put them in Mods.

Unfortunately, because you over-wrote your original files, you'll have to re-install your game to get them back. Check back with me once you've re-installed.

Top Bottom