resync errors

The game worked when we did a 4x4 team game without barbs and city states. Classical era start, skirmish map, no ruins.

I was more interested in knowing if this was a wider problem or something that people with more MP experience are familiar with, or something that affects only a small subset of users. It has happened in every MP game I've attempted post-patch.

After 3 days of watching frustrated people in the nq chat and trying to play a game myself i can tell you that this is a worldwide problem with everyone on the planet affected (exept silverfuturist and madjinn maybe). With good pings, no chat, no reloads (only hotjoining) and less than 6 people playing there is a slight chance you may make it to turn 100 or even finish the game.

Just look at the NQ chat which was very much alive until the patch. It is almost dead now. Or look for a civ v multiplayer game on twitch. You wont find one.

Duels seem to work, maybe teamers as well, i dont know.

I've noticed that these crashes seem to be occurring when I (or another player in my game) gets a ruin. Those of you who aren't having issues, do you play with ruins off? If so, we may have found the culprit...

The fact is, Firaxis doesn't give a crap about civ community (what's left of it). The game lifespan is very much connected to multi aspect of it. Civ never had a multiplayer as such. In the the age of a broadband, gaming PCs and steam they could not come up with a working lobby system or even a stable connection , which would not kick players randomly. Even 6 player games were unstable. In civ 4 I hosted 12 player games all the time. For God's sake, take a lesson from MSN Gaming Zone back in '97. Trade bug was well know for over a year only now they attempted to fix it. And they did that obiviously without any testing. Before you could play a game if you were prepared to wait in Lobby for hours and put up with crashes and disconnects- maybe if you lucky you can play 1-2 hour game before it goes bunkers. Now no multi game can be played at all. Dysinc bug affects if not everyone then vast majority of people. And every resync boots most hosts - which is another bug they never adressed. This makes virtually impissible to have a game even if you willing to spend hours trying to get one going daily. When you see rooms on multi with headline " multiplayer is dead"you know its time to take a second look at Paradox or Total war series.

It might be good for you but there is ample evidence that civ 5 multiplayer is well and truly screwed with the latest patch. Take a look at then 10+ bug reports with debug data that has been posted.

Personally, I'm requesting a refund off steam. I'm presenting as evidence the various bug reports. In the UK it's fairly easy to use consumer protection laws to demand a refund.

Please do so, even if you think you won't get a speedy response. The only thing they care about is the bottom line so that's where they need to be hurt.

Moderator Action: Two resync error threads merged

Moderator Action: Another resync error thread merged that I had missed earlier.

As title states, I have the exact same problem, and I hope it will be looked in depth with, since I've seen it's a global problem. It's really frustrating not to be able to play with my friend.

Title says it all, at exactly turn 30 it starts resyncing every turn. Makes multiplayer unbearably slow and unplayable tbh. Still no fix?

these things are typically simple errors, once a programmer figures them out it's like "d'oh, duh". even professionals make these mistakes, my whole family winds up being system analysts and tells me how stupid people are in computer engineering. >_<

i'd be looking at the changelog and figure out what if anything would lead to to synchronization problems for internet games. i'm not particularly knowledgeable about how that stuff works, but something had to be borked as a result of some oversight or another.

for what it's worth i had no intention of buying beyond earth, so MP being broken doesn't affect that. maybe in two years time i'd give it a shot, but it doesn't look particularly promising just from preliminary reports.

What's weird is that the resyncs are actually an improvement in one sense because I think most of these resyncs would have been a host crash (eg the game would crash) before the patch. The patch seems to have made resyncs more stable allowing them to finish and returning everyone into the game, however they occur way more often than before and the host and/or other players are prone to freeze until someone leaves the game.

I haven't had any problems with the new patch.* Normally I host and have never been booted. Maybe its because I only play with 2-4 people?

But yes, there is still more they could do to make it more stable.

*One guy I regularly play with kept dropping but that was due to his net connection, and not the game.

I have now remembered that I used to play Civ 4 with some friends and we had a problem in our multiplayer games. When random events were activated our games failed due to bad syncronizaton and we had to solve the problem just by deactivating them. And now in Civ V MP it seems that the problem happens also mostly when in the game there are events also 'random' like entering an ancient ruin and finding a random bonus, making war with a random result in the combats... could all this be related in any way?

Enviado desde mi ST25i usando Tapatalk 2

Moderator Action: Another resync error thread merged.

Top Bottom