Capto Iugulum: Empires and Nations

To Spain
From Milan
CC: Catholic League

We echo Brazil, we will not join a war that requires Milan to fight overseas, but we will reduce rates for Merchants of the Catholic League and enact penalties against Protestant traders desiring to trade into Italy.

To Britain and other members of the Anti-Catholic League
From Milan

Our ports will remain open to your merchants, the only difference from that of last year is that this year you will have to pay double to use our facilities and/or establish/maintain a trade network in Italy.

ooc:
@warman17, you need Swedish help if you want their Organization style. The money which would have gone to that has been banked.

I remember before the first update you said that we don't need the original country's permission or help to change. In fact, I remember we discussed which of the 3 I should change to and never did you mention that I would need their help to achieve it, just economic cost.

To United Kingdom, Sweden, Netherlands
From Austria:

You have launched an unprovoked attack on our ally Spain. As such we declare war against your countries.

To: Flanders, the Netherlands

Both of your nations have recently begun construction on fortifications along the Burgundian border. We ask your reasoning behind this threatening move.

OOC: Apologies, Terrance. Well-fought, and good on you for being a sport about it.

IC:

The Shahenshah, upon giving the matter due deliberation, accepts the current border with the Maratha Confederacy in its broad outline. Any conflicts regarding the exact line of the border shall be worked out civilly by diplomats.

To: Burgundy

We simply wish to address the security concerns you apparently have. We have no desire to have your problems become our problems.

@Dreadnought: good to have you back!

As a note to everyone, please hold off on sending in orders for the moment. I am in the process of adjusting all stats for the (hopefully) final reform of the economic rules. It still greatly pains me that everything worked out except the damn economics. Hopefully a return to a much simpler setup will make updating finances bearable for me.

Would you like me to resend my orders after you fix the economics?

Indeed that'd be preferrable, I hope to have the economics updated tomorrow morning.

The stats, rules, and various other posts have all been updated with simplification in mind. I know that the changes may have messed up some of your plans, and I apologize for that. Unfortunately, the fact is, either these changes had to take place or the NES would have had to end. Like others have pointed out, I have a tendency to make overcomplicated rulesets, and here I feel that simplifying the current stats a bit will make the NES more tolerable for all of us in the long run.

That said, I swear on TheLastJacobite's grave that this is the last unscheduled change.

Great update, thank you EQ. As a quick question, what had happened to my gun runs to Cuba?

To: The Empire of Holy Spain

For peace, and hopefully amiable coexistence for here on out, we will offer you 200 EP over the next 4 years. The people of Florida, and west Florida have spoken, and we hope to push this nasty situation behind us. What say you?

Sorry for the new war EQandcivfanatic. This was interesting update. Did better than I hoped in some ways and worse in others. Oh well it is what I get for starting a war out of the blue.

To Burgundy and Flanders
From Paris

We hear that there is dissension between Our most Catholic brothers and Our most Catholic friends. Let it be therefore that any such dissension be put aside, and let all three of our kingdoms be in a formal alliance; for why should there be anything but the nearest confidence and the dearest friendship between three such Catholic nations as ours, surrounded as we are by Heresy on our landward side, Foreigners on our seaward side, and Delusion all about? We therefore propose a single eternal defensive alliance between our three kingdoms, and may we determine forever that there shall be one accord between all French Catholics, and let any dissension We should come upon be outward, on the Heretical or Deluded or Foreign, and not upon our own blessed people.

To: Paris, Burgundy, Flanders

We applaud the Parisian king's efforts to prevent fighting between fellow Catholic nations, and their words, for they are true. If all the French Catholic nations band together, the One True Religion will have gained another powerful member in its defence against those heretics and infidels that are always ready to prey on any perceived weakness of those nations that worship God in the way His Son, Jesus Christ Our Lord, wanted us to.

For peace, and hopefully amiable coexistence for here on out, we will offer you 200 EP over the next 4 years. The people of Florida, and west Florida have spoken, and we hope to push this nasty situation behind us. What say you?

Response would be nice Milar. :p

Response would be nice Milar. :p

OOC: Don't know... on the one side, I would really love to accept it, but on the other side, I know that, if I accept, I will probably lose some stability because the nobles will think I haven't done my best to keep the colonies under control. Aaaarrrrgghhhh. (Like the castle, yeah. :lol::lol:. And Castle's 4th season starts on 19th September!)

To: The United States of America

If you believe we are going to part with a land that has been a part of the Spanish Empire from years before your nation was born so easily, you certainly do not know us.

OOC: Damn, well now I won't be able to give you money should things continue to go my way. And shouldn't you be busy elsewhere? :p Blargh. Also, you need to watch less T.V. ;)

This is disheartening. We want peace, yet, you refuse. If you wish to try to retake the lands, I suppose that is your prerogative. We will meet you with arms, and men wherever you might try to land. This land is now, and forever more, will be regarded as part of these United States.

To: Republic of West Florida

We understand your wish to wait until after the war with the Spaniards, but we feel that Union should come now. Separate, we are weaker. Together, you have the protection of the United States military, and we have your strength, and land. We may form a combined front against Spain, and worry about the politicking later.

To: The United States of America

It is you that obviously does not want peace. It was not us that attacked other nation for some misguided reason. It was you who attacked us. If you had actually wanted peace, your soldiers would have remained within your borders. So, please, do not act high and mighty, because both you and us know the truth.

Top Bottom