Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

At the beginning of Sulla's walk through he shows 21 map generator options: 10 Featured Maps; 11 Advanced Maps. I can't find the Advanced Maps. Where should I be looking?

Hmmm, I have slavery, yet can't use my slaves to rush the Chitzen Itza-what is the deal with that?

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

Where the ^&*))_ is the Map Builder/World Editor? Best thing about C III was the ability to build your own worlds. If the so called "custom game" is it, it needs work. Perhaps I just missed something. HELP:confused:

oldbear38 said:
Where the ^&*))_ is the Map Builder/World Editor? Best thing about C III was the ability to build your own worlds. If the so called "custom game" is it, it needs work. Perhaps I just missed something. HELP:confused:

There isn't a map builder like Civ3, basically you can't build a map from scratch. However, while inside of the game you can hit CTRL+W and it will bring up the worldbuilder. You can add resources, change terrian, etc. inside of the world builder (You can also decide who's at war with eachother, and many other things).

thamis said:
Can't rush wonders. In the pre-release versions you could rush wonders with a great engineer, but there was talk about removing that.

You can definitely still rush with a great engineer. Hell, that (in my opinion as an inexperience Civ IV player who's played a reasonable quantity of III and I (but not II)) is the best use for them.

Thought that might be the case, just felt there was a bit of confusion around Great Wonders vs Projects in Civ4. Guess I will just have to start some major deforestation to get things moving a bit quicker!!!

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

Aussie_Lurker said:
Hmmm, I have slavery, yet can't use my slaves to rush the Chitzen Itza-what is the deal with that?

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

Could it just be that your population is not high enough? (assuming you can't whip slaves that you don't have)

Hope this wasnt asked and answered elsewhere:

Why did they make mountains impassable/unworkable, and does anything in the late game (i.e. tech) change this? Its so painful to have cities with huge amounts of food but a ton of mountains, knowing in civ3 it would be a powerhouse, but now almost useless, for no apparent reason that I can think of other than to sadden builders like me

Aussie_Lurker said:

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

Rushing with slaves costs a LOT of population points. Did you have enough population to cover the expense?

Top Bottom