Screaming Orange Pumpkins - RR16B - It's tax day again ...

1 turn delay is a lot? I guess that's the difference between deity and emperor level players :).

LK, look on the bright side, by the time you're next up the intense micro discussions will be easing off a bit.

not sure who the aim is with the first sentence...

I would say it other way...

we want to trade 7 commerce for 20 hammers in capital guaranteed and 2 turns delayed another 20 hammers (with no road on gold, with road on gold then it's basically 40 hammers, not wanting to double check so take it as ~).

Not good trade off definitely.

That double hill movement makes teaming of workers bad choice and i don't see even reason why to connect the gold now in the sight of other things needed more.

I don't see how only 1t on the gold mine makes sense, V, vs. 1 worker, even putting 1 turn into the road on the PH. 2 workers double the time to mine the hill. I'm fine with just sending the 2 workers directly to the gold mine. I suggested the roads since you are moving onto hills, so it saves time coming back.

Plus those roads could be used as future trade routes to the city to the southwest.

I'm not worried about starting the war a turn or 2 late against Willie. He's not a big unit spammer. The key is surprise. Delaying a bit may allow him to get Alpha sometime during the war. That'd be nice.

All I know is, I want that gold mine up asap and I'm pretty adamant about that.

Buck up, LK....Fight the Power!

I've kind of lost interest at this point and will wait for vranasm to play and post his set.

I will wait for timmy's comment or play this evening or never play... LK and pigs already lost interest which is "great".

Honestly I thought that the plan is clear cut for the next 7 turns when I looked at it and never came to my mind it will turn it this way, but sorry i can't play turnset with doubling workers when the math (or just even laying down turn times of worker actions!) proves that it's plainly incorrect way of doing things.

Sorry things got quite busy with my job, had to go in Sunday after playing and didn't have time to revisit (and I don't have time to do spreadsheet-level detail). So this may be a letdown after the flurry of micro debate.

My general inclinations are with vranasm.
-gold commerce much less valuable than normal. Why? Because we can't tech much more ourselves and have no immediate needs for any of them...we could get the gold mine 1/2 turns sooner but I think getting a chop in with one worker rather than sending both is better. vranasm commented on the commerce/hammer tradeoff, also I'd point out that we can definitely apply the hammers near term in the rush, whereas the payoff from the gold is somewhere much further down the road when both Alpha and Currency are out.
-also agree with vranasm that gold happiness not an immediate concern.

The tS is played.

I followed exactly the PPP.
Adjusted tech path hunting.

Churchil and Asoka settled their second cities next turn.

T40 Judaism was found
Spoiler :

Willem adopts OR
Spoiler :

so he is the Judaism owner most probably, will see next turn

T42 Hunting is home
Spoiler :

i switch back to pottery

Willem confirmed he is the Juda owner
Spoiler :

means shrine for us??

Pottery comes in
Spoiler :

And time for me to stop.

I finish the worker turns as per PPP
Next turn worker and worker2 will be available for directing. Worker1 started chopping that GH at city 2

Looks like I'm up :eek: :eek: :eek: !!!

I need a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a fox.

Tricky :confused:.

Builds are straightforward: Uruk rax>vultures. Eridu vultures.

Tech AH, myst, masonry in 8t.

Eridu worker: chop 3t, mine 4t, road 2t.

Uruk worker: move 1t, chop PH 3t, mine PH 4t, move (somewhere).

3rd worker: move 2t, Eridu GH mine 4t, move (somewhere).

So seven turns sounds pretty straightforward.

Uruk grows in 2 (then in 7) adds GH (PH), Eridu grows in 6, adds GH.

Barbs could provide a complication as would the unlikely event of popping horses in Eridu.

Send early vulture south of Amsterdam, send another to scout out Bill's second city.

I'll play7 turns I reckon then someone can decide where workers move next.

ok I think I went a little bit over the top before my TS with the maniacish way of trying to win argue over internet and definitely not wanna repeat this.

Sooo I will just offer my view what we should do with those 2 workers around capital, agree with the eridu worker...

I calculated with them to chop almost every tree we have there even in expense of not improving additional mines.

we have 4 tile improvements now in capital and I feel it's enough.

"worker" can chop that plains forest 1W of him and the grass forest 1SW of him in 8 turns

"worker2" can chop that plains hill and grass forest 1NE of the plains hill

meaning we should get 80 bonus hammers in 8 turns above basic (6*11H+2*8H production)

Eridu can work those plain forest tiles south of it as "emergency" until the worker turns catch up.

_____

But if you want to hold onto your micro i am fine with it, we will have just less immediate production, but prepared mines for cities to grow into.

Just one thing. Improve in the Eridu the riverside grass hill before nonriverside grass hill.

Eridu worker: chop 3t, mine 4t, road 2t.
Why the chop seperate from mining?
Are these tiles we will not work the whole time?
If we are working these tiles we lose production between the end of the chop and putting the mine in place. Getting a vulture a couple turns earlier doesn't matter right now since we are not ready to attack.

Played 7 or 8 turns.

Research completed, now cash 100%.

We've got 6 vultures. In 4 turns we can have 8 vultures at the launch pad:

There's some barbs wandering around.

Uruk pop 4 corn, clam, copper, GH, grows next turn into forest PH.

Eridu pop 5 corn, gold, 2GH, plains forest.

1 worker building GH mine for Eridu, other 2 workers ready for next orders.

Willem is not running slavery.

No sign of horses.

There's a row of forested hills leading from launch pad to Amsterdam.

Time to attack (imho)

looks good....
the troops are a bit scaterred around, so gathering them and moving towards willie will probably take some 5 turns, but the message is imo clear... go and take capital of willie.

Have a thought...what about running 0% slider on writing? there is 1 innate bpt that can't be overcome so it will cheapen the writing thing a bit.

I expect next player to play until the Amsterdam is taken ;-).

edit:
interesting that TGW is still open

the city 2 of willie will probably be juda holy city, so I wouldn't opt for razing it...

It is indeed four turns (I checked). We're doing the 1bpt writing thing already, eventually even if we don't beat it out of someone or get given it out of contempt we'd probably be able to buy writing once an AI has currency.

Looks good, just one suggestion - shouldn't "launch pad" be 1 SW of the sign, and the first move into Holland be onto the mined gold tile? That gets us one turn closer.

8 vultures is probably plenty. We should think about what to build then - a variant consequence is we will run out of city buildings pretty quick (basically just granaries). Heck we may get GW in capital. Perhaps Eridu should failgold some hammers into Stonehenge? Figure we will capture workers from Willie and don't need settlers since we are taking his cities.

It is indeed four turns (I checked). We're doing the 1bpt writing thing already, eventually even if we don't beat it out of someone or get given it out of contempt we'd probably be able to buy writing once an AI has currency.

not want to nitpick, but when I opened the save I saw IW... if the intent was writing I am fine with it, but just wasn't queued.

(or I can have bad memory?)

It possibly was IW, I noticed the writing bit at the end :blush:.

Yep, I totally agree with V that Writing should be the placeholder. The sooner we get that the sooner we get Alpha.

We seem to be in good shape with the cities, but I'm puzzled why the Vultures are all out of position.

We might consider a 1 pop whip or two to finish out 4 vultures quickly. Happiness is not an issue here.

I assume we are roading to the tile below the gold as our launch pad and that process has started. Seems the quickest way to Amsterdam unless the gold is to enter further north to cut off the cities.

L with the lack of vantt presence I almost think you should play and the TS after you will take him. I think he is away until 12.5.

I think we are not in slavery yet and with vulture from cap next turn I think we really don't need to switch for whips. those 6 vultures + 2 reinforcements should be plenty for taking capital.

Willie is still 2 cities and we can't take the holy city until he settles another one.

btw did someone watch the last AZ Pacal game? was hilarious what he did there with Freddy :)

Vulture are scattered for a few reasons, one guarding gold because there was a barb archer lurking suspiciously who has since moved off, one went north to peek at a holy city, one looking down south while waiting for the rest of the flock (what is the correct collective name for vultures? Flock sounds a bit naff compared to a murder of crows or pride of lions). It doesn't matter at all because what's important is that they'll be stacked at the point of invasion.

Workers haven't started roading towards Amsterdam. First reason is that they were busy chopping and mining, second reason is that it won't speed things up much. We lose a movement pint crossing the river west of Eridu, a desert road takes 4 worker turns, we need 2 desert roads the other side of the river to gain anything and that's 8 worker turns at a time we're trying to build a stack.

Top Bottom