[Design] Projects

Darque

Chaotic Lord of Dragonia
I'm looking for ideas for projects (Rituals). Currently there are no projects available in the mod. Here are a couple ideas that I have thought of today:

Spoiler The Hordes of War :
Requirements: Race is orc or goblin; State religion is the Cult of Gruumsh
Result: Each of the producer's cities that has the Gruumsh religion recieves one UNITCLASS_WARRIOR for each population and looses one population (as long as the population > 1). War is declared on all non-orc and non-goblin civilizations. Golden Age begins.

Spoiler Living Death :
Requirements: State religion is Nerullicism; Theology tech
Result: Each of the producer's cities looses one population as long as the population > 1; Project city gains the Aspect of Death unit (str 18); Golden age begins. Any living unit killed by the Aspect of Death joins the Aspect's civilization as a skeleton.

Spoiler Pelor's Blessing :
Requirements: State religion is Solanism; Theology tech
Result: Each of the producer's cities gains +1 Health if Solanism is worshipped in that city. All units stationed in a blessed city gain a permanent Blessed promotion. Golden Age begins.

Any more ideas from anyone?

I have an idea for Dark Seldarine. The title could be something like "Blessing of the Spider Queen". It would only be useable during wartime. The benefit would be something like 25% attack increase for 20 turns.

Comments? Anything?

I have an idea for Dark Seldarine. The title could be something like "Blessing of the Spider Queen". It would only be useable during wartime. The benefit would be something like 25% attack increase for 20 turns.
OK...comment...I think its too generic a bonus. I would prefer something to the tune of gaining a spider or drider in each city that has the Dark Seldarine religion.

Hmm...ok. That works better actually. Yeah. I guess I suggested something generic because I wasn't sure what you were looking for in the projects. But now I have an idea. So, I'll try and think of more.

I have an idea bout the Hextorianism religion's project. Based on the civpedia entry for it, the Church of Hextor doesn't 'condone mindless slaughter and bloodshed'. So, since Hextor is obviously a god of blood (Path of Strife Tech), I've a tentantive title for it. How bout "Hextor's Curse"? It could cause you to generate a say five or ten fist (see Graphics [Divine Units]) units of level 3 with 15exp. Also, all of your current units gain 2 exp. Just an idea, man.

Hextor is not a god of blood, but a god of war, discord, massacres, conflict, fitness, and tyranny. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hextor) I think a good idea for the Hextor project might be to summon his Aspect, along with one Fist in each city of yours that worships Hextor:

Ah, yes. I didn't know that. Should've checked wiki. What would Hextor's strength be then?

I mean like would it be 6? 8? What?
I gather from what you say bout his strength being in military might that he would somehow help the Hextorian civ with him summoned. Of course, he would be a world unit, right? Also, would any Hextorian civ be able to summon him or just the civ with the holy city?

Ah, I see. Sounds good. So, as I understand it, the projects are like wonders you can build, just like in FFH, right?

Question though, are all the heroes going to be that powerful?

Ok, that makes sense. Yeah, the Aspects and Dragons should, of course, be stronger. Cuz the Dragons are so naturally strong and powerful in every single damn book, as they should be since (depending on the book or game), they are the persons (?) who the Gods conducted war through or the evil spawn/creation of the main Evil God. Examples are in FFH (the Gods' warmachines) and Lord of the Rings, in the Simarillion (the creations of Morgoth).
Also, would all the religions have an aspect? I assume so, but jus checkin.

How about a March of Rats Ritual? All cities in existence loose all stockpiled food and the city that makes the ritual gets a wonder that auto-produces 1 Giant Rat Unit every 5 to 10 turns? Or only your cities loose the food and all your cities get a Giant Rat?

Top Bottom