What UUs and UBs to include in CivV?

I would like to see a multitude of Unique Units for each civilization...

As far as specifics go, I've always thought the British should have a stronger/better Longbowmen, mainly from my experiences with the Age of Empires series. :king:

Yes, English longbowmen could make a great UU. Unfortunately, their naming is kind of dull. Is there any alternative name for them?

Yeoman?

I don't think it's particularly accurate, but it's a little more colourful.

I usually think of ships when I think of English military.
I think that the UU for the civs I like to see in the game should be:
England: Dreadnaught Battleship
USA: US Marine
Russia: Cossack
Persia: Immortal (but a heavy cavalry type unit this time)
China: Cho-Ku-Nu
France: Cuirassier
Spain: Galleon or Tercio
Japan: Samurai
Arabia: CamelArcher
Rome: Legion
Greece: Phalanx or Greek Flamethrower:cool:
Ottoman Empire: Sipahi
Germany: Panzer or Jet-Fighter
Egypt: War Chariot or maybe a Mamluk instead of a knight

Apparently since UUs and UBs are tied to leaders now, and that some leaders won't have UUs and UBs, I think that would change a lot of things.

For example, if we have, say, Stalin as leader of the Russians, then Russia technically shouldn't have a Cossack UU, but instead, say, a T-34 Tank UU. Or, as another example, if Washington is leader of the Americans, the Americans probably wouldn't have a Mall as a UB. Because of this, I really want to have multiple leaders per civ.

It's according to a Danish magazine interview, so I admit it may not be reliable, because even if everything the interview said was true, it may change by the time of the final release. But we really only have two sources of information right now, including this interview; anyhow, here's the thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=354156

Please, don't include Camel Archers as Arabic UU's. A more accurate UU would be the Ghulams. Basicaly slave soldiers that were used throught the Near and Middle East.

Well if this is true than that's just AWESOME. This way the Leader would become stronger during his/her specific Era. I can see the possibilities, lets say Britain has four Leaders. Richard Lionheart, Elizabeth, Victoria and Churchill. As Richard you get an Yeoman Archer, as Elizabeth you get a Privateer, as Victoria you get the Dreadnaught and Churchill gets a RAF Spitfire.:cool:

I'm talking about the Sassanid era Immortals, those were heavy cavalry units. The Persian had very powerful cavalry armies especially during the Sassanids, so I would like to see this show in civ5.

Well personaly i associate british army with redcoats not some Yeoman that i have never heard of well those are just my thoughts....

During the time of the British Empire ca. the 17th-19th century, yes, however keep in mind that the British in the game represent the entire history of said civilization. Therefore, that single UU does little to represent everything that came before it and during the Medieval period the English Longbowmen was a powerful and successful unit.

With the possibility of UU's being tied to particular leaders, they could finally give the English a medieval leader who could produce the unique longbowmen.

I think Palestine's UU is going to be the Fedayeen, replacing the modern infantry, perhaps being invisible, but at the cost of health, or perhaps the suicide bomber - a cheaper cruise missile, perhaps?

As for their UB, although Firaxis may surprise us on this one, I think it's going to be the Infant School, which perhaps produces a suicide bomber every 8 turns. It's downside would be that it is the first building to be destroyed if its city is bombarded.

Personally, I think of the navy when it comes to England/GB, and if they have the UU's ties to leaders, you could put different ships, like the man o' war from civ III, and Art Grin's idea of a dreadnought, or perhaps we could have some good air force UU's (Harrier/Spitfire)

Keep Cossacks, though don't make them useless in single player like they are now. And keep Redcoats: they are nice flavour.

Definitely get rid of Keshiks and Praetorians, as palace guards shouldn't be UUs.

I am just for the UU to match the leader. Having a Navy Seal for Washington is silly. Like wise, having a Redcoat for Queen Elizabeth is just as foolish.

If UT/UBs fall under the same rule. Than having multi leaders means multi game plans per civ. Which just makes the game better.

There are some UUs I simply think have to be in: the Roman Legionary (why call them Praetorians?), the Egyptian chariot, the English Redcoat, the Greek Phalanx. And why not the French Crusader (Knight)?

Top Bottom