+52 G&K achievements added (with description)

I noticed in global achievements a rate of 0,1% people who earned We are family, so it should not be bugged.
Any hints?
(I have also tried multiplayer, hotseat on standard map like suggested in another thread, founded religions to both capitals but nothing).

I think that actual counter is bugged, it has always said .1% for a few achievements, since the game got released.

I also have some difficulties with "I missed that day is history class - Capture any Sassanid city as the Celts in the Fall of Rome scenario."

I tried playing the scenario on settler but still Boudicca begins too far away to Sassanid (Persia).
I conquered Constantinopole and only 17 turns left which is not enough for the other 6-7 Byzantine cities which are in the way to Sassanid. OK, probably another 10 turns could be saved if avoided Rome (which I needed for the other achievement) but still...is there a shorter/easier route?
Maybe avoid completely the West and East Roman Empires and attack north the other barbarians and then from Attila's capital go South on that empty space to Sassanid?

Three achievements with the same mission but different conditions and tactic.

Never take our freedom!
Win as the Celts on Emperor or above in the Into the Renaissance scenario.

The Yokes on the Mongols
Win as Russia on Emperor or above in the Into the Renaissance scenario.

Reconquista Who?
Win as the Almohads on Emperor or above in the Into the Renaissance scenario.
Spoiler :

• Russia is a warmonger scenario from the beginning to the end. I never had the chance to build caravels. A tip is to save missionaries from other religion and convert cities before you conquer.
  • With the Almohads it's hard to find good costal cities (mostly dessert). Go for gold and research. Get the 1500p for "new world" and take some late cities after european countries have settle in north africa.
  • The Celts was most fun. Beeline Machinery and build Longbowman and do a quick conquer of England. Make sure to promote them all with Accuracy III and Logistic to make them deadly, both on open terrain and water (defense again warships....). 1500p for new world was easy but not enough to win the game. The problem is that the rest of European country doesn't understand the victory conditions so instead of conquer other religions they start do destroy each other... AI is not good at sea war, no problem to defend Great Britain with Longbowman.
With 30 turn left and only 300p ahead (not enough) I had my fleet outside Mediterranean looking for Almohads. To ensure open border I refused peace with Spain. My fleet included 6 Longbowman and 4 Lancer and 2 GE.

With open border to France and Almohades I had no problem to disembark. I took four cities worth 2000p without loosing a single soldier. With only warships I took Madrid just for fun during disembarking before I made peace with her. Make sure to trade for open border and other stuff before "next turn" she want be happy for long...

One achievement left: (We are Family is still broken)
Pax Romana Aeternum
Win the game as Eastern or Western Rome on Deity and have all your original cities under your control in the Fall of Rome scenario.

^
Looks like you will finish all of them before me. Grats. I still have a few but I'm almost done with Western Rome on deity, ~turn 45. There's a policy that spawns a barb army that includes a mess of legions. UA comes in handy as the spawning barbs are rather harmless. Free legions! Built a lot of markets/harbors and removed a ton of roads in preparation for the end. Eastern Rome is no more more-or-less. By turn 20 the puppet count over there was: Huns-7, Persia-4, Goths-4, and Vandals-2. Constantinople fell sometime ago and the world descended into darkness figuratively speaking. Of the 9 cities Eastern Rome currently has half have been repatriated by me. The eternal city of Rome still stands. :lol:

^
This is hard :crazyeye:
Spoiler :
8 turns and 6 cites is gone...
On the good side my army has increased with 8 soldiers (WR)
Gadrauht * 2
Bowman * 2
Horsemen * 1
Seaxman * 2

I'm not sure about the tactic, i guess I have to play a couple of times...
But i change the setup from Barracks (-1 culture) to Bowman or Mint and Markets all cites that I know I will loose producing gold for a few turns :)
Built a lot of markets/harbors and removed a ton of roads in preparation for the end.
Nice, save 1g per road and earn from trade route using Harbors. I will start a new game :)

Greek Fire - The Greeks aren't building enough ships in the early game.
By the time they build ships, they outclass the Dromons. I don't think embarked units count.
I'm playing on a small Archipelago map with only Byzantium and the Greeks.
Any tips??

greek fire

you just need to build a lot of ships and attack 1 ship with 2 or 3 of your own
not that hard then

What is difficult is the Greeks don't build many ships.

By the time they build ships, they outclass the Dromons. I don't think embarked units count.
Any tips??

I played the same map as well. Make sure you crank up the speed to marathon. I set it to Chieftain as well. It takes a while (a very long while), but Greece will eventually send out the boats you need. You're right, Embarked units don't count. Just ring the isle with Dromons, keeping far enough from cities so they can't hit you.

What is difficult is the Greeks don't build many ships.
Marathon, Tiny, Archipelago and set difficulty to Emperor or higher so AI start with more settlers => more ships to sink.

Edit: Difficult level doesn't make AI ships stronger only more of them ;)

About 'We Are Family'... I assume someone's tried to set up a 'Normal-sized' game, with the default number of opponents, set them all to the same team so they wouldn't invade each other (thus reducing the number of actual 'capitals' in play), and then converting all of them?

'cuz that's what I was going to do next - my first attempt had a reduced number of foes, and in my second, Gustavus Adolphus managed to eliminate 2 civs before I had a chance to conver them.

Of course, if it's actually bugged, trying that would be a waste of time, so I just wanted to make sure that somebody else have already barked up that tree... >_>

Yzman - I did get that one, have posted how (sorry, doesn't look guarenteed to be repeatable) to that forum. Leaves me on 219/227. Not sure I'm going to make 227 this time - the increased difficulty of G+K means I'm not able to dedicate the time to get all the Emperor/Deity ones, unlike the super players here :(

I unfortunately work quite a bit so I don't have the time I used to to get all of these. I will try to get them all, but may take me a while.

I am at 199/227. Assuming I win this game I am currently playing I will be at 200.

Any tips??

May be obvious to some, but it wasn't to me. They weren't building any, then it dawned on me and I declared war on them. They then started building them and it was no problem.

I went with King and marathon. I only built 4 Dromons. They had a warrior parked in a spot I could hit that was safe from the city. I leveled my Dromons up to +1 range, then pounded on the city to get logistics for all 4 while I was waiting for them to send me ships. That warrior was very high level, with no promotions, by the time I finished the quest.

I'm still slogging out the Western Rome deity. I just remembered that you have to be done at turn 69 not 70. That could be a problem as I'm now at turn 62. The UI jumps around so much I can't take it for too long.

Basically, I got cash under control and got to a GA to build a bank account to finance ~ -60 GPT finish. Franks are the big problem with their carpet of doom. Unlike playing the barbs where you are at war with everyone, the barbs are at peace with each other except for the Huns. Vandals and Celts are small problems and Goths might be a problem late. That leaves the Franks to do nothing but build units that can't get to you easily. Their units pile up into a giant carpet. A legion with march is priceless. I should have gotten 2 of them instead of 1. :cry:

Offensively, I ran a 6-5-3 legion offense with the 14 iron available. That's 6 legions for Celts and Franks, 5 for Goths and 3 for Vandals. But it was 6-5 the wrong way early. Oops. A 7-4-3 might work better. However, I don't know what will happen if you don't help prop up Eastern Rome for a while. Goths tear them to shreds fast so their next target is obvious.

AAR, I'm taking another break. 2.5 carpets of doom is too many units to manage. I've been keeping the front lines well roaded and tearing up roads as the Reconquista proceeds.

The Longest Name Ever
That city is the 33rd one on the list of Celtic cities. So you'd have to build/buy 32 settlers to complete it.

I'm still slogging out the Western Rome deity. I just remembered that you have to be done at turn 69 not 70. That could be a problem as I'm now at turn 62. The UI jumps around so much I can't take it for too long.

Basically, I got cash under control and got to a GA to build a bank account to finance ~ -60 GPT finish. Franks are the big problem with their carpet of doom. Unlike playing the barbs where you are at war with everyone, the barbs are at peace with each other except for the Huns. Vandals and Celts are small problems and Goths might be a problem late. That leaves the Franks to do nothing but build units that can't get to you easily. Their units pile up into a giant carpet. A legion with march is priceless. I should have gotten 2 of them instead of 1. :cry:

Offensively, I ran a 6-5-3 legion offense with the 14 iron available. That's 6 legions for Celts and Franks, 5 for Goths and 3 for Vandals. But it was 6-5 the wrong way early. Oops. A 7-4-3 might work better. However, I don't know what will happen if you don't help prop up Eastern Rome for a while. Goths tear them to shreds fast so their next target is obvious.

AAR, I'm taking another break. 2.5 carpets of doom is too many units to manage. I've been keeping the front lines well roaded and tearing up roads as the Reconquista proceeds.
This is insane. I'm on turn 48 playing as East Rome. West rome has lost France and almost Spain. I helped him with north Italy, problem is he doesn't know how to use his UA and he build monuments...

Spoiler :
I lost 6 cities in the beginning I have taking 4 back. Have rather nice defense against Goth (black), I hate the red Sassanid Clibanarii (Blitz promotion), he having two of my cities. I have adopted the three top row policies. Economy is no problem (Harbor, markets and digging up roads except unit transit roads...), happiness is around 0 (all possible lux, circus, colosseum, stone works and trade routs). I don't looking forward to my last two happiness (-20 * 2) policies.
First +10% maintenance cost followed by +1 Culture & barbs and then forced to starve cities :cry:

Another problem is that Vandals has taken so many cites so I think they are in the lead but no victory progress information/page!!! I don't want to end as 2:nd at turn 70....

Edit/Update: Good news, hopefully no need to starve my empire. It looks like it is enough to adopt four polices provided you don't loose to many cities and of course don't build culture (=>possible to build barracks). Turn 54 and four policies adopted, top three and Coin Debasement. 39 turns to next policy but then it's over...

Turn 56: 1 city left. A nice feature is that you spend your war reserve to buy walls in newly conguerd cities (less production due to policy but still worth it

Top Bottom