COTM 12 quick game - results

Theoden

Deity
GOTM Staff
Finally we have come to the results of the first of the quick games. A total of 7 games were submitted, none of them were losses ;)

1. klarius - 8 turns
  2. killercane - 9 turns
  3. Ronald - 11 turns
  4. PaperBeetle - 13 turns
  5. Stagnate - 14 turns
  6. IronKnight - 17 turns
  7. ts64 - 21 turns
Thanks to all for participating :)

... and thanks for running the Quick Game. :goodjob:
Now, I'm asssuming that this was your own COTM12 game in progress, so what was the par score, i.e. how long did it originally take you to finish the French?

This particular situation is actually not directly from my submitted COTM12. It was from when I returned to the 30AD save from my own cotm game, then played it again in a more aggressive way, coming across this situation in 110AD.
But to answer your question, I managed to take down the French in 13 turns.

Thanks for reviving the quick games.

Ronald

Do you think adding a rewards system would increase participation? People like playing for fictional awards for some reason, a la quartermasters challenge, shields and ambulances in gotm, and so on and so forth.

Awards like in gotm. I might be able to add that, but I can't think of any besides a gold medal. Since there is only one way to win a quick game the fastest finish will also be the gold medal.
If medals/awards will have to be introduced then adding a scoring system might help. Or setting subgoals in each quick game giving awards to those. What do you think?

I dont know, you could have fun with it and name them something like the Theoden Trophy or the Sir Pleb Fastest Finish Award. Maybe something along those lines, throwing in a little humor along the way. Subgoals might open up some interesting possiblities.

Top Bottom