Caveman 2 Cosmos

Sorry, I've been really busy in real life recently and then even more so with the holidays. Everything I've been releasing recently were things I already had half finished so I haven't even been doing much civ coding at all.

I'm downloading your new version as I type this, which should help me find anything even quicker anyway, and after the holidays I should be able to get back to you.

Thats fine, i was just ribbing you anyways, take your time, and thx.

Great work! But what happened to my favorite civ, the Abyssinians & Haile Selassie?

Other things I noticed:
Some civs UB's don't provide health/happiness bonus for new resources. (For example the Bolivar's Chuao Field doesn't give happiness for cotton or olives like the market does)

The Herbalism civic doesn't give +1 health from the healers hut.

Also, Ho Chi Minh appears twice in the leaders on the custom game screen.

More after Christmas! Happy Jollydays!

I took some civs out, i completely forgot about Selassie, i will have to look into the bonuses and Yes 2 Minh, some liked the one and some the other, so i just put both in.

Hi!

I like try it ASAP (this tonight), but the filefront is too slow for me. The download complete about 12 hours....it is too much.
Have you another direct link for this perfect MOD?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

I know FileFront is slow, but i dont know of any other place, i can upload to, sorry.:(

Thanx for Ver. 3.Take you a well deserved holiday break and be with your loved
ones.:)

just to clarify, the advanced.rar contents go in \Next War Advanced v003\Assets correct?

I am getting an error when I attempt to start a game in v003

Code:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program C:\games\civ4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe

abnormal program termination

attached is a dump and the logs associated with an instance of this crash.

Attachments

• civlogs.7z
    405.6 KB · Views: 119
I played V3 for about a hour and had the dreaded MAF.I have applied all the fixes to prevent them and they don't occur in any of my other Civ games including V2 of this mod
I have 3 GB Ram so that shouldn't be a issue,also Vista Home Premium.Guess I'll pick up the auto save and go from there.

Check this out also, especially the last few pages, it has helped with mine, i dont get half as many as i used to, but i still get some, thats why i am making a Watered Down version of this mod, with only half the civs and see if that helps.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=224178

just to clarify, the advanced.rar contents go in \Next War Advanced v003\Assets correct?

The files look the same (orangeish looking all go in the same folder, same spot, yes.

Code:
Runtime Error!

Check out the post below, thx. # 358.

First, Thank you for this mod. Good work.

But there is one BIG problem, that interfere me enjoy the civ. Something not ok with arcology shielding. Its too big for only one city.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/7410/arcologynf8.jpg

can I hide this in mod xml?

I had that problem after first introducing the ethnic city styles. It was caused specifically by the new Stable and just deleting the new stables graphic and letting the game use the old fixed the problem.

Of course this was one of the older versions of ethnic city styles (as afterwards I edited it a lot and couldn't introduce any of the newer versions without losing my edits) so I can't be 100% if that is the cause of the current problem.

First, Thank you for this mod. Good work.

But there is one BIG problem, that interfere me enjoy the civ. Something not ok with arcology shielding. Its too big for only one city.

can I hide this in mod xml?

Yeah thats a known problem, it usually happens when Arcology Shielding is picked then you pick Deflector Shielding and thats where you should stop on the shielding but if your like me, i always pick Arcology Shielding again, and that is where the problem usually starts. Or its a combination of other buildings that make this happen, best thing to do is go into the WB and start deleting ONE building at a time(in game only), testing which one is causing the problem and JUST deleting that ONE building for this game, cause next time you play it might be a different building that is causing this problem, so pls dont just delete the building from building.info. (only in game for that game only) otherwise you'd have to delete a bunch of buildings and that would take away from the balancing and gameplay itself, RoM had the same problem with his mod.

Or do what tsentom1 said above, i havent tried that yet.

Glad you enjoyed the game, dang you got to Arcology Shielding darn fast, usually take me like 5 days to get there at 3 hours a day, then only if i get lucky enough to play on, usually i get defeated before that.:( WOW. Nice job.

Some of my resources are purple, any idea whats causing that?

Interface problems fixed

Civ prob fix. (except for Hitler somehow lawlz)

Godly good job on the mod tho

I'm having a bit of a problem with the buttons on the game. It seems I don't have anything to click.

Look on page 14 of this thread or the first page for more info on interface issues.

Also, are you running Vista or Xp?

Anywho, my question is about religions. You found a religion and get a holy city.
(Which is the only holy city you will ever have, I'm fine with that)

But when you're then the first to tech to another religion & its not founded does that mean the religion is lost forever, or can someone else with no religion be the second to it and still found it?

If the religion is lost forever, would it be possible to change it so that when you found a religion after the first, it would spread to one of your cities but not ever have a holy city?

But when you're then the first to tech to another religion & its not founded does that mean the religion is lost forever, or can someone else with no religion be the second to it and still found it?

No, anyone who finds the religion can Convert to it, as long as it is not founded by anyone else, hope this answers your question. And again thx for playing, Have a great day.
As far as i recall, you can capture other Holy Cities also, and then Convert to that religion also, i havent tried this yet, but i am pretty sure you can.

Code:
Runtime Error!

i get this same error when I try ot start a game..... ummm would it have anything to do with me having a NO-CD fixed exe for my game?

P.S just for information i do own the game, jsut do not like putting hte CD in every time i play it :p

Code:
Runtime Error!

i get this same error when I try ot start a game..... ummm would it have anything to do with me having a NO-CD fixed exe for my game?

P.S just for information i do own the game, jsut do not like putting hte CD in every time i play it :p

Both of you'll try reinstalling your video driver and directx. I think that may fix your problem.

i updated/reinstalled my radeon drivers and it seemed to have fixed the problem, but I will keep you posted it anything else comes up, thanks :)

P.S tho the game started and i played for while, the program keeps crashing saying that it failed to allocate video card memory, my question is why does this only happen with your mod? and not the other like 20 that I play?

I didn't notice you uploaded the newest version. getting ready to give it a try now. thanks for your work with this!

Top Bottom