Succession Game - GOTM24 Scenario

mad-bax

Deity
GOTM Staff
This SG is based on the GOTM24 (Korea) Scenario. However some changes will be made to allow players to meet more of the units and special features in this scenario.

List of Changes.

1. The playable Civ will be the Oda (with standard in-game starting units).
2. Maximum tech rate will be 5 turns/tech
3. Resource locations will be re-spun.

[civ3] Roster A
Karasu
Sir Bugsy
AlanH
smackster
Gengis Khan
CivGeneral

[civ3] Roster B
AdrianE
gormdragan
Alweth
MacBaldrick
mad-bax

[ptw] Roster
Ted Jackson
Shevek
Denyd
Space
Daveshack
jimmydean

The Rosters for this game have been opened again to support demand.

Here is the start position.

Here are the links to your respective team threads

[civ3] Roster A
[civ3] Roster B
[ptw] Roster

Do not enter into any discussions in this thread. Use your own thread from now on.

Ahem, adopts stern voice..
Do not discuss what is going on in the other threads. I want no "cross pollination", and I hope that most of you can bear not to even look in your competitors threads.

Finally, I thanked cracker for the effort he has put into this on our behalf, and I hope he won't mind me sharing his response with you.

It was as follows:-
It is I that owe you and all the players a debt of gratitude.

The designed intent of the games is to present you with a chellenging play experience that you will want to reslice and rechallenge exactly as you are doing here in this example.

One thing to remember if your do get to the Later Technologies in the game is that the WWII Kamikaze style airplanes are engaged in your game just as they were in Gotm24 with the discovery of Flight.

Also, you may benefit from having a sensitivity to the different unit names and animations that are on in the PTW version of the game versus the Civ3v1.29 version of the game. The games play the same and the stats/strengths are the same but because the PTW units are so restricted their are slight differences in teh name of who is doing what and when.

You should be right in the big middle of lots of exciting stuff.

First of all, discussion regarding the scenario should be limited to non-spoiler info until after October 31--the submission deadline for GOTM 24--right?

Second, I may be interested. I was also thinking of using GOTM24 as a basis for an SG before I saw your thread. My only reservation is that Civ3 is taking up more and more of my time.

Third, I am confused about what this "Quick Games" forum is and why this post is in here and not the SG forum. This is just a normal SG, right?

Cracker suggested that I post here. So I did. Once the game(s) are underway then I will probably set up the in game threads in the SG forum.

The game will not start until 9th November, and spoiler information is subject to the same rules as in any other thread in this forum.

I was thinking about starting a GotM 24 SG after finishing the GotM 23 SG (PTW).

Looks like you've saved me the bother :D

Sign me up MB.

Ted
p.s. I haven't even looked at the GotM 24 announcement page so it's all a mystery to me

I had planned to suggest going back to the previous games first to minimize the amount of knowledge carried forward from a recently played game... :rolleyes:

But since we're here, I have some interest in joining the [ptw] team, but don't take that as a firm committment yet. There is some RL going on which might impede my civability in the near future.

I probably (or should I say 'hopefully') won't be around between mid-November and beginning of December, when my holidays are due...
I'll gladly join if I stay, though. I would really like to be Nobunaga once in my life -or Shingen for that matter (anyone likes "Kagemusha" too?)

EDIT: @Dave. I too hope we'll manage to play all past GOTMs as SGs...

I'd love to join the PTW team.
Played and submitted GOTM24 but did not see a lot of the special units. I was to replay it on my own but a SG is much better especially as it starts with a different civ/tribe.

Will there be a fixed win condition like Diplomacy again? I found it a bit limiting in this particular scenario.

I was kinda hoping we would aim for a military victory. :satan:
One point of note..... We don't know what our UU will be :eek:

Do you want to know?

No thanks MB (I think Karasu has already let the cat out of the bag) :D

Ted

Are you sure Ted? There are so many new unit names that "normal" unit names are the exception in this GOTM!

No, I'm not sure and I really don't want to know until I start playing :)

Ted

I swear I do not know what Oda's UU is. I assumed they would be able to build Bushi, and I like them a lot...

I agree not to unveil our UU until we start the game, anyway

Thanks Karasu

Ted

I'm interested in a PTW version if the current SG for GOTM 23 is done (and it should be, right Ted). I can't commit to more than 1 at a time and still have time for the normal GOTM. :)

I won a diplomacy on GOTM 24, but only met units from my neighbors, so the units for the Oda should be a new treat. I would expect the tech tree should remain the same as for the Koreans, but I'd expect different units than the Koreans used (particularly the Hwacha). It'll also be interesting to see how the computer plays the Koreans in a similar starting point. :D

A conquest / domination type victory would be a good chance to see these new units in action.

MB: You might want to spilt this into separate PTW & Civ3 teams ala GOTM 23 SG.

Originally posted by denyd
I'm interested in a PTW version if the current SG for GOTM 23 is done (and it should be, right Ted).
At the rate we've been playing SG23 should be over by this time next week :D

Ted

Just an idea but I think we should restrict the use of suicide galleys since a number of players know the layout of the land masses already. That would create an unfair advantage.
We could either prohibit suicide galleys altogether and wait to be contacted or only team members that haven't played GOTM 24 nor visited the spoilers can use them (but how likely is that to have someone to fit this criteria?)

regarding difficulty I vote for predator. I didn't have the guts to go for it in the GOTM (me coward) but would love to try it.

Shevek: I don't object to this restriction. We could just say that no boats are to be built until we are in control of the starting landmass. It would probably amount to the same thing.

If there is a [civ3] version, I'd like to join up. I did well until the start of the Industrial Age playing open and then fell behind in techs and never caught up.

Top Bottom