Ideas for Total War games after Empire.

I like the idea of Victoria: Total War. Zulu Wars!!!:goodjob:

I'd like to see the Zulus added to the Americas Campaign. The Aztecs and Zulus would battle at last...

Maybe as a mod?

or expansion

Yeah, forgot to add the word "mod"!

What would we like to see as an improvement in a new total war game?

Most people focus on improving the AI and improving moddability in general in their wish-lists for CA. Getting the reinforcements interface in tactical engagements back to the way it was in M2TW: Kingdoms would be awesome, too.

Wouldn't be a Total War game.

It would still be a different game unless it wanted to fail completely in any resemblance to WW1 at all. We've been over this.

They COULD do Great War: Total War, it would just have to be designed very differently and I don't trust CA to even manage to do the AI by release with using the same basic formula from previous games as it is.

I'll like to see a real Supply system. Armies, needing to receive constant supply from a source or they revolt or disband!

Many battles and wars have been simply won because their supply stocked had been seized by the enemy

I'd like to see a well implemented supply system. Not completely realistic, as that would be too complicated and I have no wish to deal with it, plus that is why you put other people in charge of things.

I'd like to see a well implemented supply system. Not completely realistic, as that would be too complicated and I have no wish to deal with it, plus that is why you put other people in charge of things.
Something along the lines of keeping routes open and protected from enemy stacks? That would be interseting, although you'd need to implement some sort of limited-duration living-off-the-land potential to prevent it becoming too cumbersome, perhaps determined by the quality of farmland in the region? And I suppose raiding supply lines themselves should give you a bonus.

That would be damned difficult to implement considering that Total War's engine is predicated on making big armies, not a few big armies and a crap ton of little ones. The little ones are kind of important in the whole supply scheme.

How about like each army sent out automatically gains a supply route from the closest available city with the closest route which would follow the shortest roads or sea routes. However, if you like, you can reposition the route manually so that you can avoid enemy military and force the route off road as to make it harder for enemy targets to block. The drawback is that your army moves slower and has less morale.

In your own lands, there is no supply route required, in Allied nations, you get a 50% supply boost (more speed, survive longer without supply, better morale)

You can also negotiate with other nations to use their cities as supply bases for long term targets. Cities used as a foreign supply base get a 10% boost in profits

Cities that had just been conquered (First 3-5 turns) cannot supply your troops. Unhappy Cities will not supply food and Blue faced cities supply less food.

You can also live off the land. Maybe your army gets destroyed in 2 turns in the desert and can survive indefinitely on the river Nile.

Perhaps some thing can be arranged where if a foreign army lives off your food, your city starts to lose health. This way, Armies will be forced out to fight in open field.

Perhaps there can be special Supply buildings that can be built that extents supply route.

Just throwing ideas.

I think that would be good. The number of times I have had an army rampaging around Egypt while I'm based in Britain doesn't bear thinking about. Crusade armies have gone some way towards that sort of idea.

How about like each army sent out automatically gains a supply route from the closest available city with the closest route which would follow the shortest roads or sea routes. However, if you like, you can reposition the route manually so that you can avoid enemy military and force the route off road as to make it harder for enemy targets to block. The drawback is that your army moves slower and has less morale.

In your own lands, there is no supply route required, in Allied nations, you get a 50% supply boost (more speed, survive longer without supply, better morale)

You can also negotiate with other nations to use their cities as supply bases for long term targets. Cities used as a foreign supply base get a 10% boost in profits

Cities that had just been conquered (First 3-5 turns) cannot supply your troops. Unhappy Cities will not supply food and Blue faced cities supply less food.

You can also live off the land. Maybe your army gets destroyed in 2 turns in the desert and can survive indefinitely on the river Nile.

Perhaps some thing can be arranged where if a foreign army lives off your food, your city starts to lose health. This way, Armies will be forced out to fight in open field.

Perhaps there can be special Supply buildings that can be built that extents supply route.

Just throwing ideas.

Maybe a looting bonus in enemy provinces?? Loving the idea

It oughtn't be a bonus.

Anyway, as it is aronnax's system needs some major tweaks, and we're fairly certain that a logistics system will be implemented in NTW as it is.

Top Bottom