Venice strategy

Early Wonders must have: Colossus and hanging gardens (especially if you don't get to settle on a river). Hanging gardens + trade ship is 14 free food, another trade ship is 22 free food (until you learn workshop and switch one over to production). For funsies: Great lighthouse. Situational: Petra for 2 more trade routes. Seriously, I don't get why YT play throughers don't do this. One guy was playing on a Europe map, where Rome is, and didn't search the coast until early mid-game and Sicily 5-6 tiles away. :rolleyes: if your scouts don't find anything within 20 spaces, start studying your ocean-going techs! You have GOT to get that food and production coming in to Venice by sea - to do anything else is bull-caca!
You wouldn't recommend Temple of Artemis as well, for the food boosting effect?

TofA: it's great with the traditional policy, fertility rites, swords into plowshares on top of the HG and two trade ships bringing in 16ish food and what your people are working but your tech branches are all over the place. The AI loves TofA. They can begin building it (if playing at higher difficulties) at the start of the game. You have to work on the Colossus branch, the sea techs branch, the Hanging gardens, Notre Dame (to stave off the unhappiness after getting the second city state), get two scouts out...

Hey, try it and tell us. My puter is at the shop atm. Just save before you start to build it and if they beat you to it, load the save and don't build it.

Start a religion and make it a growth religion with fertility rites, swords into plowshares and whatever gives food or growth rate and spread it mainly with your cargo ships. When you spread your religion, they'll get the growth bug and will have huge science, better defense, mo money, etc. Right?

You have to work on the Colossus branch, the sea techs branch, the Hanging gardens, Notre Dame (to stave off the unhappiness after getting the second city state), get two scouts out...

Well, the ToA is on the way to HG, but I get what you're saying. On lower difficulties, it's doable. But on higher difficulties, the AI will beat you to it every time.

At least with the HG, you only have to outrace the AIs that opened Tradition.

Top Bottom