Civ V - One World Speculation Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron90495

King
Yes, it had to be done. :D

For those who haven't heard, it looks like the next expansion will be called 'One World' (see http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=458771&page=12). Judging by the name, it looks like it'll have major trade/diplomacy improvements (possibly in the late-game), but that's about all we know.

Let's try and keep the thread to what you THINK we'll see in the expansion, rather than what you want; we already have plenty of those threads.

Let the speculation begin!

Moderator Action: The link who actually sparked the discussion: http://cdr.xpaw.ru/app/8930/#section_depots .

Well, in terms of new civilizations, I think that Portugal and the Zulu are pretty much inevitable judging from previous installments of the series. I also have a feeling that Sumeria, Poland and the Sioux could end up being in it too.

In terms of new mechanics, I have absolutely no idea - the name 'One World' doesn't really give much indication as to what the expansion will be focused on (unlike 'Gods + Kings')...

Well, in terms of new civilizations, I think that Portugal and the Zulu are pretty much inevitable judging from previous installments of the series. I also have a feeling that Sumeria, Poland and the Sioux could end up being in it too.

In terms of new mechanics, I have absolutely no idea - the name 'One World' doesn't really give much indication as to what the expansion will be focused on (unlike 'Gods + Kings')...

Fingers crossed for Portugal! On the /v/ Civ 5 thread, someone said that One World=Globalization=Corporations, but I don't see it.

One World... OOOH, Kim, Chelsea, Kat are coming back.. wait.. no... am I confusing a game with Survivor? Oh, silly old me xD.

One World... could it be something akin Beyond the Sword in which it focuses on the post Medieval Era, i.e One World? Because in theory, we all live in rather similar culture, there's no more American culture, or European culture, it's more or less all communal/same.

This new made my day! I'm really looking forward to it. Portugal and the Zulu are in for sure, I guess :)

Colonization and Trade improvements could be a lot of fun. And would hopefully be accompanied with some African/American civs.

Additions to exploration! Bring back the ranger!
But seriously. Trade revamp for my money, may finally look at diplo too. I'd like to see some late game expansion, particularly some mechanics mimicking globalisation. Would be fun to see tourism and international sports additions for me :).

These speculation threads are usually nicer than the game itself - at least for me! I'm glad they're back, and I do hope to see an official announcement very soon.

I guess I'm with the guy who said it has something to do with globalization. Probably that would mean a more complex/comprehensive diplomacy, trade, ecology and some modern nations. Of course I'd love to see Portugal (and even the Zulu) returning as the xpack's flagship.

These speculation threads are usually nicer than the game itself - at least for me! I'm glad they're back, and I do hope to see an official announcement very soon.
Absolutely - I love the analysis threads that we have in the lead-up

I'm super excited. One World gives me associations to Beyond The Sword in terms of focusing on late game and not-war. And that's what I was hoping for. Really hope this turns out to be legit. :p

This is great news for sure. Civ 5 has been in Steam's top 20 bestselling list almost continuously since it's release, and G&K seems to selling real well too. So I was kinda hopefully that they were working on another expansion. Nice to see some "confirmation", keep on giving us new content Firaxis! :king:

One World... OOOH, Kim, Chelsea, Kat are coming back.. wait.. no... am I confusing a game with Survivor? Oh, silly old me xD.

One World... could it be something akin Beyond the Sword in which it focuses on the post Medieval Era, i.e One World? Because in theory, we all live in rather similar culture, there's no more American culture, or European culture, it's more or less all communal/same.

Yeah, Survivor's the first thing I thought of. Hopefully the expansion is better than that season, assuming it's true.
As for what the expansion could contain, who the hell knows. One World as in an interconnected world with trade and diplomacy, or as in One World owned by the warmongering Zulu who conquered and assimilated everyone else?

Unfounded speculation:

- expanded role of the UN, or some earlier version(s) of the UN
- Cold War or modern world scenario
- Olympics/Hollywood/other worldwide culture or happiness
- use culture to purchase GPs/influence CSs
- immigration
- tourism
- deeper trade
- Swiss and Brazilian civs in addition to Zulu or Maasai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom