I Fixed The Maf Error... Here Is How!!

try to boot your computer in admin mod (i dunno the name in english, in french it's called "sans echec")

could anyone that did this for vista-32 bit for the bts3.17's exe please rar it and upload it for download? even just post it in this thread? I'd appreciate it. Thx in advance!

Sharing the BtS .exe would be against forum rules.
The largeaddressaware flag is set in the BtS .exe - all that is needed for that game is to make Vista use more than 2GB, no need to edit the BtS .exe :)

Windows XP 32bit, service pack 3
Pentium 4 3.80GHz Hyper Thread
3.25 GB RAM (4GB installed) DDR2
Radeon X850 - 256 MB RAM(latest drivers)
Dell XPS Gen5

Playing Legends of Revolution UXP and getting MAF in the industrial age. Although in original BtS will get crash in the Europe 1936 Scenario when there is a large stack attacking a city. I know Windows XP cannot read more than 4GB RAM total.

Virtual Memory set to Custom Size- Initial size (MB): 4989 (Recommended) Maximum size (MB): 4989

Tried the 3GB switch and received a <Windows root>\system32\hal.dll. error so I reloaded old version and here I am.

Edit: Changed Virtual Memory Maximum size to 9978 hope it helps.

could i have a bad command in the boot loader for the 3GB?

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /3GB
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

Howdy. On the reccommendation of Lemon I was going to use this thread to fix my MAF errors. Followed the directions in the first post, downloaded the suite, but when I went to find the exe files, lo and behold, they weren't there. :lol: Turns out there is some sort of thing with the CIV IV Complete install (and here I am thinking I was being clever by getting everything in one go).

So is there a way to make this work, or am I SOL?

App Data. Took a look at all the BTS files - mostly empty folders and no exes. :confused:

My old installation (with Vanilla and Warlords from D2D, and the BTS disk) had the usual file setup, so I know what I'm looking for, it's, well, just not there (or, rather, it's obiously there, but very well hidden).

Edit: Keep in mind that I did the default install from the disk onto a machine with VistaHomePremium OS, and that I am the administrator.

Sorry for my English, because my nativ is Russian. I fixed problem for me with MAF by another way.
I have old laptop: P4, 1G Ram, Radeon 9600 (128M), XP Pro SP2. About a year ago i have only 512M Ram and my CIV worked ok. Then I get 1G and it worked ok.
About 2 month ago I reinstalled CIV and got MAF. I tryed all, but have no results.

So I desided reinstall CIV at older configuration. I uninstalled CIV, pull out 512M, set virtual RAM at 760M and then installed it again. Then I rised virtual RAM to 1,5G - IT WORKS! Then I inserted back RAM up to 1G - IT WORKS! Now i'm testing BTS 3.17.

And my tip is: if you can manipulate your RAM, try phisycally reduce it and complete reinstall CIV at lower configuration. Later you can set up all your RAM back. Hope it helps you.

App Data. Took a look at all the BTS files - mostly empty folders and no exes. :confused:

My old installation (with Vanilla and Warlords from D2D, and the BTS disk) had the usual file setup, so I know what I'm looking for, it's, well, just not there (or, rather, it's obiously there, but very well hidden).

Edit: Keep in mind that I did the default install from the disk onto a machine with VistaHomePremium OS, and that I am the administrator.

the app data stuff only stores the game cache - your install folder is a subfolder of either program files or if you have a 64 bit vista of program files (x86)

the app data stuff only stores the game cache - your install folder is a subfolder of either program files or if you have a 64 bit vista of program files (x86)

The file is in there, but it only gives me the option to uninstall it. Did a full search of the computer and there are no accessible exe files; let me rephrase that, there is nothing I can find. It's like everything is hidden, and they only give you empty folders? Literally, there are empty folders for all the leaderheads, resources, etc. Weird.

Actually, Ori, if I remember correctly, you were going to pick up Civ Complete. Where'd it install for you?

Then again you're probably using some custom OS that you wrote yourself...:p

nah - I do use multiple OS on my machine - but nothing custom made - to much work :mischief:

its in installed in

\program files\2kgames\sid meier's civilization 4 complete\

but that is on windows XP - I don't have Vista on the computer I play on...

That's the way my downloaded and disc versions were stored. Complete apparently does something very odd with the installation. It's like everything is hidden in the background somewhere (like I said, I have admin rights, so nothing should be hidden). It's darn peculiar. I'll just keep scanning the tech forums where folks are complaining about it, and see if someone knows what I'm describing (poorly) and figures out a fix (well). :)

Yeah, it was installed with admin rights. I just found the files, but now the question is which folder contains the exe file I have to copy, and what's it called.

Top Bottom