Fall Further 051 Bug Report Thread

Quite a few tribal styled civs are unable tobuild libraries. I believe the Archos, Clan of Embers, and Doviello are blocked from them too.

Coincidentally, they're all fairly warlike races.

My games seems to crash frequently and after reloading the saved game it crashes every few turns. I am running windows Vista Ultimate with the BTS 3.19 and the latest FFH mod with patch D. The crashes happens in FFH as well but not very often and after reloading the saved games I am able to continue playing without it crashing every few turns.

I have tried 2 civs out the Jotnar and the Scions and both have the same crash problems. When the game crash, it just says civ 4 has stopped working.

Does anyone have the same problem or know of a fix for this ?

It sounds like you did some pretty good testing, so just to save myself repeating what you already may have done, did the chest ever NOT get pushed out/deleted? Normal (Non-WB) chests will ALWAYS belong to the Barbarian Orcs, but I hide a lot of data so that you cannot actually tell that fact. The original owner is not known anymore once the chest is created, this is how it solves the scorelist retaining people for a turn or 2 after they are wiped out (due to having dropped equipment and that acting as a unit which belongs to them)
I wasn't creating the chest directly (WB has two, and I didn't know which one was the correct one), I was creating Orthus under the control of various players and then deleting him, which left a chest with the axe. I also did it a few times with Donal Lugh just to make sure it wasn't an axe-specific bug. When possible, I attacked Orthus in game to kill him rather than just deleting him. Also, the chest never got pushed (at least not to anywhere that I could see), it outright vanished.
After you mentioned the chests always belonging to the barbarians, I did a test with a held barbarian unit standing on the axe in owned territory, and it did not disappear.

On the Erebus map script, having 'Peak Softening' enabled appears to drastically increase map setup time.

On the Erebus map script, having 'Peak Softening' enabled appears to drastically increase map setup time.

Huh. Does it? I'll have to try it loading that without it, cuz I gave up after waithing 5 min for it to load Erebus. My guess is that it does that normally, however. It's just that cuz FF has more content and takes more time to load due to that, the load time is very noticeable for complex mapscripts such as Erebus or PerfectWorld2. I tend to stick with tetonics usually. However, let's try it without peak softening.

Edit: Hey, cool, it worked! :D Thanks for the tip, Ghost Ranger.

Huh. Does it? I'll have to try it loading that without it, cuz I gave up after waithing 5 min for it to load Erebus. My guess is that it does that normally, however. It's just that cuz FF has more content and takes more time to load due to that, the load time is very noticeable for complex mapscripts such as Erebus or PerfectWorld2. I tend to stick with tetonics usually. However, let's try it without peak softening.

With huge world size, toroidal wrap, civ 4 plot finder, no peak softening, and FlavourStart, it takes a few seconds to generate a map. However, with the same settings, but with peak softening on, map generating never seems to end, requiring me to close the game via task manager.

If you give Baron Duin Werewolf a compelling jewel, he can clone units by both turning them into werewolves and capturing them in the same combat.

Also, I werewolfed Alcinus. Pretty cool, but he loses all his promotions and still gets reborn somewhere else.

I noticed that too, quite amusing. I was cloning enemies using a werewolf Yvain with Command III, once.

Werewolf should probably take precedence.

With huge world size, toroidal wrap, civ 4 plot finder, no peak softening, and FlavourStart, it takes a few seconds to generate a map. However, with the same settings, but with peak softening on, map generating never seems to end, requiring me to close the game via task manager.

I know. I tried it myself, with the same settings. It was done loading quick. I just never would've thought to turn off peak softening. I've been using Tetonics map cuz loading Erebus just took too long.

Tectonics Lakes is my personal favorite mapscript for FF. /offtopic

Reagents are set to <bNormalize>1</bNormalize> , which means they get used to sweeten bad starting spots. this often leads to starting spots with 3, sometimes even 4 reagents in the BFC, which is just crazy considering they are an important strategic resources. they also have grouprange=1 and grouprand=25 , which IIRC mean they can clump, which is also pretty weird ( then again, this is also true for Mithril... wtf do those 2 tags do anyway? :lol: ) . however, they should DEFINITELY be set to <bNormalize>0</bNormalize> .

the same is also true for forest deer, which right now are normalize=1 but are actually a strategic resource that should spawn roughly as commonly as horses. right now you have a couple basically at each starting spot. they should also appear only in forested grasslands imho, not featureless ones ( they get too common otherwise, plus this way it's way more likely that they're gonna be in elven territory, just as it should be so that they can build fyrdwells ) . it would also prevent having deer in marsh when flavourmod changes grassland to marsh after map generation, which looks bad :D

incense also has bnormalize=1 , and grouprange=1 grouprand=50 . it unlocks high priests, you don't mess with that! :lol: it should definitely lose the bnormalize tag.

totally unrelated: city menus ( the ones where you choose what to build ) lack civ-specific buttons. for example the lizardmen warrior and scout, who both have unique buttons, show up as regular warriors and scouts in the city screen, which looks odd :D

one last thing, that does not really belong in here, but I didn't know where else to post it... AIs would greatly benefit from not settling in the very same spot where they begin. Wild Mana maybe overdid that a little, but it's still infinitely preferrable to the default civ4 behaviour... seeing stuff like these screenshots HURTS :D

Tectonics Lakes is my personal favorite mapscript for FF. /offtopic

OT :D Seconded, I discovered only some months ago it doesn't create actual lakes. I like the proportions between sea/land and to have some meaningful mountain ranges, without the valley frenzy of Erebus mapscript (wich I still like, from time to time) OT

Experimenting with some werewolves, It appears that sometimes you do get 2 animals when using a WWolf scout with subdue animals, as far as I can tell it only happened with gorillas in my game, 1 gets subdued and the other is a wwolf.

Also noticed some minor glitches with Alzakan (sp?), it appears that sometimes I'm able to "Level up" his illusionary double mid-turn. I noticed that sometimes I'm able to level up any unit immediately after combat, without having to wait next turn (probably due to how great commanders work? Just a guess..) and this minor glitch is shared by the illusory double too.

Also noticed some minor glitches with Alzakan (sp?), it appears that sometimes I'm able to "Level up" his illusionary double mid-turn. I noticed that sometimes I'm able to level up any unit immediately after combat, without having to wait next turn (probably due to how great commanders work? Just a guess..) and this minor glitch is shared by the illusory double too.

This happens whenever your unit gains or loses any kind of effect or promotion, I'm pretty sure.

This happens whenever your unit gains or loses any kind of effect or promotion, I'm pretty sure.

Mmh, yeah I was going in and out of forests, so the effects of forest stealth being applyed/removed did the trick... It's nothing serious (even if it could be considered cheating actually) but Illusions shouldn't be able to level up at all :p

Outstanding, awesome, great work you´re all have done...thx guys...:thumbsup:

I think I`ve found one little "Bug"... It seems, there is a texture missing for the Fireangel of the Mercurians. In the Civilopedia you only see a red Spot...

I think there's another CTD-causing bad art tag on one or more of the mid-late-game units somewhere. It's civ-specific and not Svartalfar. Unfortunately, that is all I know for now.

It's somewhere in this savegame. Try entering the worldbuilder. I'll spend more time looking for it tomorrow.

Attachments

• Worldbuildme.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 47
The insert key doesn't zoom to your closest city, it does a ctd.

Played my first game last night, and noticed a small bug: The 'pedia was working fine (looking at units) until I clicked 'Top'. I then got an "unidentified C++ error" in placeUnit (I believe). After that, I got the same error every time I opened the pedia.

Top Bottom