New computer... can't figure out why FF isn't loading

Tarrius

Chieftain
So I downloaded FF 051 and the shortcut created by the install isn't working. I put the FF folder into the BTS mods folder, and when i click on the shortcut, my screen blinks a couple times and then nothing happens. I can load BTS just fine, but inside the BTS menu I try to load Fall Further and same thing happens, Civ closes and then my screen blinks a few times and then nothing happens. Any ideas? I just got my new compooter and really want to play on all high graphics settings. :(

Is the FF folder in the BtS Mods folder in My Documents or the one in Program Files?

no, i think it should be in the program files one. thats where mine is. Is BtS patched to 3.19? if it is, there is one more thing that I can think of for you to try. In My Docs, go to the My Games/BTS folder, and open the CivilizationIV.ini file, and press Ctrl+F for Mods. you should find a line that looks something like:
; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none
Mod = 0
Replace the "0" with "C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall Further 051" (without the quotation marks). then start up BtS and, if all goes well, FF should work.

Just realized for whatever reason I don't have a Civ4 folder in my Docs, only in program files. Just patched up BTS, but still nothing. :(

Should be created the first time you run BtS.

hes right. have you ever played bts before? if not, just run it normally. then try the thing i said about last post and see what happens.

Alright then, let's try something else.
What system is it running?
If Windows Vista/7, check your permissions for the Program Files folder, and the User Account Control settings which have a bad habit of getting in the way for apps that use said folder.

Alright then, let's try something else.
What system is it running?
If Windows Vista/7, check your permissions for the Program Files folder, and the User Account Control settings which have a bad habit of getting in the way for apps that use said folder.

And same if you're running windows XP.

Except XP doesn't have the UAC, and permissions there are much less of an issue than on it's descendants.

Top Bottom