[MODMOD] Age of Further Discovery v0.03 for AoDII v1.12

CTD alert. In the attached autosave (May 1513) I get a CTD at the end of the turn. I went back to the previous autosave (Jan 1512 - not attached) and simply clicked through turns, only set two new buildings to be constructed and it CTDd again.

Playing on Conq/Huge/Fairweather Dlx (or whatever) as Chinese. Gonna start a new game now and see if I have a sim prob.

Dunno if this is a Further... problem or AODII prob, but i haven't had any probs before with any of the other AOD versions so I've put it here 1st....

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1513-May.ColonizationSave
    309.5 KB · Views: 126
CTD alert. In the attached autosave (May 1513) I get a CTD at the end of the turn. I went back to the previous autosave (Jan 1512 - not attached) and simply clicked through turns, only set two new buildings to be constructed and it CTDd again.

Playing on Conq/Huge/Fairweather Dlx (or whatever) as Chinese. Gonna start a new game now and see if I have a sim prob.

Dunno if this is a Further... problem or AODII prob, but i haven't had any probs before with any of the other AOD versions so I've put it here 1st....

Are Pirates in the game? If so, go into WB and see if there are any Pirate ships on top of other nation's ships. Remove the Pirate ships in these instances and see if that fixes it. :)

HI

Im having some problmes w the MOD.

All the symbols are changed (Work symbol for education, Sugar for tobacco, etc) and some symbols doesnt appear (crosses and Liberty Bells) how can i fix it?

THX

PS: I have the new original patch, the AODII 1.10 and AODF 0.2

HI

All the symbols are changed (Work symbol for education, Sugar for tobacco, etc) and some symbols doesnt appear (crosses and Liberty Bells) how can i fix it?

THX

HI

THX

Sounds like a installation problem... Try the new .exe installer (see first post for download link), should the issue...

it doesnt work.

When i play AODII, i needed to delete the files in fonts diretory, othrwise the symbols doesnt appear. Now I did the same, but the symbols cames changed...

So, what i need to do?

it doesnt work.

When i play AODII, i needed to delete the files in fonts diretory, othrwise the symbols doesnt appear. Now I did the same, but the symbols cames changed...

So, what i need to do?

I'm not sure why you need to delete them when using AoDII, you'll have to explain that to me... Maybe you've changed some stuff?

If you DO delete the gamefonts, the symbols WILL be messed up... But those are not the gamefonts from AoDII but new ones, can you try leaving them there to see if they work?

If i leave the fonts, the symbols doesnt appear,only words like O, Ë, ), ]...

Are Pirates in the game? If so, go into WB and see if there are any Pirate ships on top of other nation's ships. Remove the Pirate ships in these instances and see if that fixes it. :)

There were pirates in the game, and they did have one ship, tho it wasn't on top of any other ships. I removed it anyway and that prevented the CTD. I replaced it the next turn (altho i didn't check/replace any cargo) and have not had any problems since. Any idea why it was causing a problem??

If i leave the fonts, the symbols doesnt appear,only words like O, Ë, ), ]...

Ok, can you try something for me?

1. Go in your "Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization" folder and open the "CivilizationIV.ini" file.
  2. Change the "CheatCode = 0" to "CheatCode = chipotle".
  3. Load the Mod and start a game.
  4. Hit the "~" key, it will open the Console.
  5. Type "Game.testFont true" (case sensitive).
Take a screenshot of the popup window (like this one...) and post it here.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0026.jpg
    Civ4ScreenShot0026.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 995
Sorry, i didnt understand how to open the console. press the "~" at the keyboard?

no one console has opened.

There is another way to opne the console? I tried all the Keyboard Buttons!!

OMG. I dont know what to do! it doesnt work. I changed the Lang of my KB and nothing. Te console is the Chat log?

I think that my destiny is to play the sad vanilla version...

There were pirates in the game, and they did have one ship, tho it wasn't on top of any other ships. I removed it anyway and that prevented the CTD. I replaced it the next turn (altho i didn't check/replace any cargo) and have not had any problems since. Any idea why it was causing a problem??

Yeah it's a bug I fixed in the 1.11 betas. What happens is a Pirate ship and a normal colony ship end on the same tile, then the Pirate ship tries to attack the normal colony ship (like any good Pirate would) and the DLL crashes as you cannot be on the same tile for attacking.

Allright, so I'm assuming you have installed the mod in your "Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\Mods\AgeOfDiscoveryII" folder, right?

Let's try something, Cut/paste the "GameFont.tga" and "GameFont_75.tga" files from there into your "\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\CustomAssets\res\fonts" fold and see if that works.

If it doesn't, make a backup of the two original "GameFonts" files that are in your "C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\Assets\res\Fonts" folder. Then, Cut/Paste the ones from the mod into that folder and check if it works...

Top Bottom