The Expansion - Fairy Tale Heroes

Le Sage

Emperor

The Official Expansion

To let you all know that Fairy Tale is still in production and progress, I here publish the news on the upcoming Expansion to the game I have in the works right now. This "Official Expansion" (sounds real megalomaniacal), will include new units, scenarios and buildings. There will be a new continent to explore and some interesting situations. The game rules on the new continent (Andezea) are a bit changed; much of the focus will be on Hero units. As a consequense all regular military units before the very late game ones have actually been cut to make room for populating early armies with mostly heroes instead!

There are three new civs populating this new continent. The Whitewatch, Grayfort and Hellrise. These come complete with their own leaders (probably the three most beautiful women ever seen in Civ4, I tell you!) and these represent the three Elven Queens competing for power over the new land. All nations will have their own setup of unique hero units of which all get their graphics from either new sources (I've used all of SaibotLieh's newest units), or the most impressive units in "vanilla" Fairy Tale. That's one goal of this addition - to be as graphically pleasing as possible. Shamelessly.

I've done quite a bit on this already. I've done the leaders, the civs and some of the heroes have already been pasted. There is more to be done, so I won't give an ETA yet. I will be adding more material to this thread as I go; Civilopedia stuff, screenies and of course progress reports. That serves a purpose for me, as it keeps me going as well.

Some WIP Screenshots

The Continent of Andezea

Far away from the rest of the turbulent world, for ages the Island of Andezea, the Realm of the Elven Queens, remained in peace and tranquility and the two nations that inhabited it kept the Status Quo. But Marana, the Goddess of destruction and war, let her hand play on all corners of the Earth, from one end to the other, and not even Andezea could escape. She created a nation on Andezea to disturb the peace, a nation so villanous and evil that its like had not been witnessed on the Island of Peace since the time of the Ancient Great Wars. This new nation was called The Hellrise in the peoples' whispers and it grew and spread and gained power in the East, and the established nations soon knew that they had to start arming to prevent its growth and expansion.

The Hellrise swarmed out and sacked the peaceful towns and border fortresses in the East and this was the sign of mobilization. Armies trained, but untried for ages were drawn up and the smiths and weapons manufacturers worked day and night; the priests blessed the soldiers with powerful spells of protection and the young girls threw flowers before their marching feet. The Free Armies marched out to meet the enemy. On the Plains of Cladmourne they spotted the Hellrise masses and a hundred thousand men formed battleline; with beating drums and flying banners and a morale that seemed unbreakable. Then the Dark masses of the Hellrise attacked and the fighting was fierce for three days and three nights; flashing magic and clashing swords and spears, and the tormented screams of the dying mixed in with the "hoorah's" of attacking massive formations and a hundred thousand feet trampling the ground. Morale was good on both sides and none gave way. The men who fell, died pleased that they gave their lives for their home, gods and freedom. Yet on the fourth day of fighting, Hellrise reinforcements suddenly appeared in the back of the Free Forces. The disaster was total and the Free army scattered; beaten, humiliated and giving the Hellrise way to the Western lands and further conquest.

After Cladmourne Plains, the battlelines were set and the Three Elven Queens prepared their nations for the final fight on the knife's edge. The time was come for Heroes to arise and save the desperate situation, for without its Heroes, Andezea would be doomed to be vexed by the Evil Forces of Marana and become a dominion of evil and darkness forever. The time for desperate heroism had arrived, the time for sacrifice and courage, the time for clash of arms and the shedding of blood. Now was the time for Fairy Tale Heroes.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

These are ACTUAL in-game screenies. Thanks, SaibotLieh for porting the beautiful units.

I'll post this only to subscribe to the thread ;)

Nice idea

The Nations

The Continent of Andezea is inhabited by three City States. These kingdoms have never grown beyond one city each, and it is probably that, which has kept the peace on Andezea for thousands of years as well. There has been no competition over territory or resources.

The Whitewatch was founded around the city of Chezara and is the oldest state on Andezea. Only recently did it start to branch out and put new lands under its Crown, in an attempt to prevent and hinder the march of the Hellrise. It is ruled by its noble, beautiful Queen Winya.

The Grayfort was once a part of Chezara, but rebelled and formed an own city state in the north of the Continent. After that ancient war, the continent remained in peace for thousands of years, since there was no competition between the new Grayfort and the ancient Whitewatch. Recently, Grayfort united with Whitewatch to put down the Hellrise, but the combined armies of the Free were defeated at Cladmourne Plains. Grayfort is ruled by Queen Zenara.

The Goddess of War and Destruction, Marana, created the nation of Hellrise to disturb the peae in Andezea. This happened at about the same time as she also sent the Demon King to rule over resurrected Zuur in the West. The Hellrise have since had it as their mission to conquer all of Andezea and there create a base for Marana and her evil. The Hellrise is ruled by the evil Queen Hegra.

The Heroes here are only like the common national heroes which each civ have already in Fairy Tale. Only I add new ones and make each of the new civs have lots of different kinds of them. In that way, the whole game will be focused on the heroes and the battles between them.

:lol: My fiancé doesn't like the Fairy Tale ladies though. She started talking about getting implants when she saw the one in the screenshot. Geez. Women.

Yeah, the lady in OP, pic #3, has way too impossibly big boobs. She seems about to topple to the front with a little tap...

I don't think your fiancé needs to worry at all. She is real, the Fairy Tale's ladies aren't :D So long, you also prefer real woman...

Maybe not what we are supposed to talk about, but generally I prefer the a bit smaller ones. Fake and big are not beautiful... :p

Thanks for your compliments. :)

And again good work with the screenshots. :goodjob:
Especially the ones of my units. ;)

VeBear: Luckily enough we all have different tastes! But yeah, fake is no beautiful.

SaibotLieh: They do good in screenshots. I sometimes can't believe that they are real units and really in-game. I do hope you're doing more of them.

VeBear: Luckily enough we all have different tastes!

Yeah, that's good, which is why I realy hope you will soon come up with some Asian-looking female leader hopefully not that far from the look of Yu Hasebe (maybe persian-inspired civ?) :p

HighwayHoss: Thanks. It looks really good playing it too. And that's really thanks to SaibotLieh's superior units.

VeBear: Yu Hasebe? Google is your friend. And yeah - she's a pudding!

I just published the patch, BTW. I haven't made a Dwarven leaderhead yet, so I'll implement that in the next patch (I probably forgot a hundred thousand things I was supposed to do with the patch anyway - damnation, Civ5 for that). your first Civilopedia text is in there already though.

Dafiden has created a Python addition that reports about the Kill the Badguy victory condition in the VC screen as well as in the game. This is really good and he is interested in helping out with making a special victory condition for this Fairy Tale Heroes expansion too!

The Leaders

The Three beautiful Elven Queens who rule the Continent of Andezea. These are the raw leader portrait images. Yum.

Yeah. Over at Civ4 we have no need for expensive, prettily animated DLC leaders. Did you know that you can't even paste static leaderheads into Civ5? Guess who wants to sell leaderhead DLC...?

On the Fairy Tale leader portraits still. I thought it was amateurish to just create them using Oblivion screenshots, but it really is not. I've seen whole DeviantArt pages where people have created their art using Oblivion, and on TesNexus we have a Picture Share page where people show off some really amazing stuff created only with the game and some after-editing. It's way better to create characters using Oblivion than just copy pictures off Google.

Top Bottom