Bug in AODII v1.12 - REF War Galleons never return with new troops

Fistleaf

Warlord
It looks like REF War Galleons after returning to Europe, will never return to the New World with the remaining REF troops, while there are still Man-O-Wars hanging around. The War Galleons are simply eliminated, the number of warships in the REF screen will suddenly drop.

To resolve this, I used WorldBuilder to delete all the Man-O-Wars. The number of Warships in the REF screen dropped immediately to 1. Soon after, 1 War Galleon re-appeared to drop off some REF troops. After it returned to Europe, I got an Independence Victory immediately even though there are still REF troops in Europe. It looks like the last War Galleon is automatically eliminated when it returned to Europe.

Does anybody encounter this bug?

I think adding War Galleons and removing cargo holds in MoWs is causing this problem. There must be some sort of coding that makes MoWs return for troops. I will remove War Galleons and put back cargo holds in MoWs in the XML file and see whether this works.

i've had the same issue about three times now. i would defeat most of the king's army and then the remaining few would just hang out in europe indefinitely. but if the war galleons are just deleted when they return home that explains why the remaining troops don't come attack me, and also why the number of warships dropped.

i tried your suggestion of using the world builder to delete all the man-o-wars and when i did this i immediately won an independence victory. this is certainly better than having the game drag on indefinitely with no resolution, but have you or has anyone else found a solution to this issue? it would be nice to win via legitimate means.

Top Bottom