"Empire of the Smoky Skies" Scenario

I think they'll go all out with this one. Certainly new units and probably new techs.

Civ2 had a Jules Verne scenario. I could see that being a bit of an inspiration.

I'm very excited about it, I've been also wondering about it's map..Europe or whole world? Will it include America? In "what it" scenarios the American Civil War has been in use so maybe on the scenario Union and Confederates could duke it out..

They could put Dutch to represent the Boers that fought with British during the Victorian era, also it'll probably include Africa and colonial powers. Then again it can be a total fantasy setting, who knows..

But because the other two scenarios (Fall of Rome and some sort of medieval one) go in sync with some of the new Civs like Celts, Carthage and Byzantine, I bet that a new Civ goes along with the Victorian one. Zulus maybe..

I've loved the scenarios so far, so I'm really excited!
Not only for this one, but also the other two.

I wonder if there'll be a GSR in the scenario? A Giant Steam Robot :p

I'm gonna give all my money for the ability to play even a proxy version of Austria-Hungary for the moustachey glory of Franz Joseph. I'm a sucker for good steampunk, the name "Smoky Skies" implies it right in your face. I presume there will be at least zeppelins. I'm afraid there will be a fantasy map while a real-world scenario would be really welcome.

I'm guessing it will probably be designed to make use of the espionage feature, as the other two scenarios probably won't involve any of that, and I'd assume they'd want to show it off in at least one of their scenarios.

I remember reading that somewhere Haig.

However, scenarios normally have their own tech tree, so I dont see that becoming a problem.

Maybe the huge number of new units for the extension also counts the units only for a scenario?
If this one has its own tech tree and its own units, I can see how we end up with almost 30 new units...
It's a bit misleading, but since I like scenarios with their own tech tree, I won't complain!

If I recall correct I've read about the techs for espionage come into play from renaissance and forward. Can anyone confirm this?
Perhaps even later. I don't feel like looking it up again, But Dennis Shirk mentioned religion will still be quite strong in MA and Ren, then make place for espionage.
In Civ III espionage was an Industrial Age tech. Little chance of that in MA.

Yeah I remember that Renaissance is around where religion begins to become (gradually) less important, and it's also where spies come into play. So my guess is that some sort of espionage will be important here. And the medieval scenario's already got religion more than covered, so I doubt that will be a major factor in this one.

According to this: http://www.webhallen.com/spel/pc/149528-civilization_v_expansion-gods_and_kings
Empires of the Smoky Skies: Build flying airships and huge tractor-like tanks from the unique tech tree of this Victorian science-fiction scenario, and use them to spread your empire across the pre-industrial world.
Adn the other two scenarios:
Medieval: Grow your medieval kingdom into one of the great nations of Renaissance Europe, fending off outside invasions from Mongols and Ottoman Turks and fighting the religious wars of the Crusades and Reformation!
Fall of Rome: Play as either Eastern Rome or Western Rome trying to fend off the barbarians OR as one of the barbarians themselves.

Let's speculate what civs will be playable in the scenario. I suggest those civs:

1. Great Britain
2. France
3. Russia
4. America
5. Austria
6. Prussia/Germany
7. Ottoman Empire
8. China
9. Japan
10. Spain
11. Sardinia-Piemonte/Italy
12. Scandinavia
13. Persia
14. Some latin-american civs like Brazil, Chile, Argentina or Gran Colombia
15. Egypt
16. Boers or some other African civs like Zulu, Ethiopia,...

This sounds interesting to me to tell the truth.

Let's speculate what civs will be playable in the scenario. I suggest those civs:

1. Great Britain
2. France
3. Russia
4. America
5. Austria
6. Prussia/Germany
7. Ottoman Empire
8. China
9. Japan
10. Spain
11. Sardinia-Piemonte/Italy
12. Scandinavia
13. Persia
14. Some latin-american civs like Brazil, Chile, Argentina or Gran Colombia
15. Egypt
16. Boers or some other African civs like Zulu, Ethiopia,...

Well America I would split into Union+Confederate (Texas and California should be CS)
and definitely have Mexico+Brazil+Argentina

Scandanavia and Egypt might be CS

I'm guessing a lot of "Natural wonders" and Ancient Ruins. (And some really hard to move through terrain in certain areas)

Top Bottom