Trade/Pillage exploit fixed?

I never did this intentionally, but it just happened in my current game as Venice. Early on, I traded my only Salt to Pedro II for 7 GPT. One turn later, barbarians pillaged the mine. I immediately got the notifications that Salt to Pedro II and GPT from Pedro II had ended.

If so, I like this change.

What did it do earlier?

This is still kinda an exploit especially if you anticipate that a barbarian is about to pillage a lux tile. You can trade it for lump sum gold, barb pillages, kill barb, repair, and sell it again.

I had thought it was always like this? At the start of your turn it runs a validation check on all the active deals, and if a component of that deal is no longer valid, it breaks the whole deal.

I used it early on in my learning cycle for the mongolian scenario, so it's been around since vanilla. Agreed, I was 'xploiting it for lump sum, but the concept is the same.

This is why I never take luxuries with GPT in my peace settlements, because the AI is so radically terrible at defending their luxuries, it's just a matter of time before some barbarian you can't defend against destroys your income.

Top Bottom