civ 2 crashes on windows 7

Thanks much; worked great!!!! Win7, 64-bit, and now can enjoy civ!

Is there any chance something like this could easily be done for Civ 1 (in the Civ Chronicles package)?

I love you all. I was resigned to the fact that I might never play Civ II again. Now, by the grace of God and you wonderful people, I am back.

please pardon this post but by now i am thoroughly confused. i downloaded the mge 5 patch ... when i play my tot it crashes when i want to build. i tried inputing the patch but i use jzip ( does it have to winzip?) did i have to download and try to manually load in all the patches in sequence? should i uninstall tot then reinstall it and ... i am sorry but i am totally lost as to how to go about all this and am by now very sorry windows ever did 7. sadly i had an xp that died.... just as i wanted to load pro on it.
some one please help
i run 7 premium home on hp pavilion g series and have tot from microprose
i dont know what i am doing here

After hours of trying to type in the the text boxes in Civilization 2 I found a way around it without the game crashing.
I am using windows 7 64 bit before anytime i 'LEFT-CLICKED' the mouse or pressed 'BACKSPACE' on a text box the game crashed.
I solved this problem simply by 'RIGHT-CLICKING' on the text and following these steps:

1) right click on text and choose select all.
2) again right click on the text and choose delete.
3) open up notepad and type in the desired text you wish to input, after select the text you input on notepad and copy that text.
4) Back to civilization 2 right click on the text box and paste.
5)All done now just 'LEFT CLICK' on the OK button.

I hope this helps anyone reading :)

Or you could just use my patcher to fix the game and be able to type in the text field without any problem! ;)

@MastermindX:
Glad to see you are still around.
I have been able to run civII gold on 64 bit, but the hostile ai drives me crazy.
There is a patch for that, but it does not seem to work with your 64 bit patch.

I solved this with a dedicated 32 bit pc to get my civII 2.42 fix.
But, I really would like to play civII 2.42 on my main pc with a large monitor.

Do you have any solution?

Short of a virtual machine or emulator, not really...

I guess you can check out VMWare. I believe they are free for home users.

Top Bottom