I did it! YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!

logiboy123

Chieftain
I won my first ever Deity game, with a Babylon science victory on a small Pangaea map playing BNW.

I've been trying to do this for years and finally I have done it.

I guess I could go to heaven now because my life is complete.

Thanks to the MadDjinn and Elcee youtube "Let's Play" series for all their help.

So pumped!

Brief overview;

I was in the bottom right corner of the map, had natural mountains to the west, desert to the north with three citystates on my northern border. So I was very much naturally protected. Had four cities, went tradition tree maxed out then moved onto Rationalism before getting the Freedom Ideology. I had to fight two wars but successfully defended against them without to much difficulty. I had four cities in total and never took another from anyone else. I had enough money coming in to have several citystates (maritime) allied with me. I was creating science agreements constantly at the end with anyone who was keen. I had very few wonders at all.

Congrats ! Feels great, doesn't it ?

Now the next step is to get the other VCs !

What turn did you win ?

I'll have to go look at the last save to find out. I'm at work now so I'll repost again when I get home.

Thanks Red! =)

Congrats! If and/or when I DO try diety that's how I'd probably try it, babylon and SV. How many times did you try in diety until you got it?

Up until last night I would say I usually win on Emporer (80% of the time) and sometimes win on Immortal (40% of the time).

I couldn't count the number of times I've tried on Diety. I honestly just don't know. Usually I get creamed in the first third of the game. I've tried culture and warmonger but it has never worked out. I got really close with a culture victory using Ghandi one time but got smashed at the end. That was pure frustration right there.

You know the amazing thing is I haven't played Civ5 for months because I have been playing DOTA2. But watching a game by Elcee yesterday morning inspired me to try again. I started a game with Babylon but I started it wrong and got smashed, then reloaded and tried again. This time I had Elcee's game up on another screen and for the first 100 turns tried to copy what he did, i.e. what he researched I researched, what he built I built. It wasn't 100% the same of course because we started differently but I would say that we were roughly on the same track. After I got national college I just played on my own and focused population and science buildings.

Congratz :) Me myself will give Deity my third time tonight as America. The other two times were extremely close to be won, one of them i lost 2 turns before i finished my last Spaceship Part :/

You know the amazing thing is I haven't played Civ5 for months because I have been playing DOTA2.

Out of curiosity, on which server do you play on?
I'm a big D2 player, funny to see other CIV5/D2 players, not that common I must say :)
/offtopic

There's nothing like slipping out a cultural or science win while the world is at war. Even Deity AI's fall for this. ;)

Hint: save your spaceship parts around the city and assemble them all a few turns before victory.

The AI doesn't actually care about you sending your spaceship parts, you don't really need to do that.

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WON MY FIRST DEITY GAME A COUPLE OF MINUTES AGO :D:D::DD i am now an official pro xD

Isn't it a relief? I banged my head on that wall for a long time before I did it too. Good job congratulations. :cheers:

congrats. most memorable moments of my life, in some order 1) day i got married, 2) day my son was born, 3) day i won Diety on vanilla with China.

Ok, OP totally inspired me. I've never even TRIED diety until I read this post and thought I'd give it a shot, and I did it! I win 99% on emperor and usually win on immortal but never really tried diety except for maybe a couple times in vanilla version, and I quit when I saw how far ahead ai was.
Anyway, like OP, I played as Babylon, small, but played continents. Ended up on a contintent with Morocco. Killed one of his settlers early on, but he forgave me and we became friends. I became friends with everyone on the other continent, except Rome, who was trying to run away, and so had RA's the entire game. I never had a war, just got NC with two cities, planted two more cities and focused on growing the cap. I was sure someone was going to invade me, my military was weak most of the game, but it never happened. A few civs completed apollo program after me, but none of them built more than two spaceship parts. Launched on turn 320.
Concerns I now have about this four city SV: Not enough land means not enough resources, which leads to weak military. I had six aluminum and six oil. I had to trade/buy CS to get more of each, but even then I would not have been able to compete with one of the stronger AI's if they did invade.
Soooo, I guess the next step is to try my favorite VC, domination. Thinking of trying arabia on small pangea.
But, thanks again to OP for the inspiration. It's a great day!

I won my first ever Deity game, with a Babylon science victory on a small Pangaea map playing BNW.

I've been trying to do this for years and finally I have done it.

I guess I could go to heaven now because my life is complete.

Thanks to the MadDjinn and Elcee youtube "Let's Play" series for all their help.

So pumped!

Brief overview;

I was in the bottom right corner of the map, had natural mountains to the west, desert to the north with three citystates on my northern border. So I was very much naturally protected. Had four cities, went tradition tree maxed out then moved onto Rationalism before getting the Freedom Ideology. I had to fight two wars but successfully defended against them without to much difficulty. I had four cities in total and never took another from anyone else. I had enough money coming in to have several citystates (maritime) allied with me. I was creating science agreements constantly at the end with anyone who was keen. I had very few wonders at all.

Babylon Science was my first Deity win too. :) Relish in the glory, for you have earned it. You have joined an elite club, but soon it will feel like just the first step into a whole new world of challenges. Soon, you'll pine for more, and win your second Deity game. Then, you'll win your third. The challenges will be great, and some will be failures. Many will be failures, even... but once you find and perfect each new strategy that works, you bask in the glory all over again.

Good luck to you, my friend!

I won a game last night on Deity with Babylon on a Large Islands map. I only had three cities but I got lucky in that I had 7 unique luxuries and several spares. I didn't win until turn 353, but a win is a win. I was able to stay out of a war all game and I paid several AIs to go to war with each other. I also started the international space station and olympic games, not to try and win but to get the AIs to divert their production to it instead of troops to kill me or spaceship parts. Catty was a problem most of the game, that girl is the bane of my existence, I wish there was some way to black list a civ but still have randoms.

I was earning 250-300 gpt by the end of the game with all my trade routes and CS alliances. One thing I've noticed with deity is you have to work really hard to complete the CS quests. If you ignore the quests then all CS get stolen from you.

Anyway I guess I need try and win some other way now. I suppose a cultural victory is next on the cards. What is the easiest cultural civ to win with?

Out of curiosity, on which server do you play on?
I'm a big D2 player, funny to see other CIV5/D2 players, not that common I must say :)
/offtopic

I play on the Australian servers. If you are in Australia check out my guild;

http://unrealaussies.com/

Cheers,
logi

BTW not in regards to this reply, I've found a new guru to watch on Youtube for deity games;

PrimEvalCIV - The dude sounds a bit like Clint Eastwood to me which I find hilarious, but I think he might be Canadian. All you people from the NA continent sound the same to me except when you say "No doubt about it." :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKUAgsCsJlq5Md1wIf4VpOQ

Top Bottom