ARGH Barbarians!!!

Otherones5

Chieftain
Why does at least one barbarian spawn within my territory per turn, despite my happiness clearly being +15?:confused:

edit: after about three turns the barbarians stopped spawning..I'm still very curious about why this happened; a glitch maybe? I wasn't on quick movement so I would've noticed if they were just moving in from somewhere else.

Are they pillaging trade routes? When barbs pillage trade routes, they spawn another barb, rather than taking gold.

Well that's strange... Well maybe late game Barbarian paratroopers are spawning outside your territory and parachuting in (If they can do that). Regardless a screenshot would help.

Are they pillaging trade routes? When barbs pillage trade routes, they spawn another barb, rather than taking gold.

This is very likely circumstance.

Or OP's borders has expanded in a direction which revealed a encampment right next to the border so when a barbarian spawn, it randomly picked the hex where border and encampment meet.

Better go and clear out that encampment. It's times like these you wish you were the Aztecs or possibly the Songhai, though the latter matters much less in late games.

Any civ: Argh, barbarians!

Aztecs: Yay, barbarians!

after about three turns the barbarians stopped spawning..I'm still very curious about why this happened; a glitch maybe? I wasn't on quick movement so I would've noticed if they were just moving in from somewhere else.

Unlike previous civs, barbs only spawn at camps (unless you are 20+ unhappy). The interface is quirky enough that moving in from the fog can look like spawning.

Unlike previous civs, barbs only spawn at camps (unless you are 20+ unhappy). The interface is quirky enough that moving in from the fog can look like spawning.

In BNW rebels/barbarians spawn in your borders at only 10 unhappiness, so be careful.

Unless it's part of your Aztecan strategy to intentionally have unhappiness to farm more culture.

Top Bottom