Culture advance

KaptainK714

Warlord
Is there a listing of the points needed for each culture advance?

Also the Golden age for happiness?

I'm trying to calculate when it would be better to go with Christianity/Cathedral v. Shinto/Pagoda. When would it be better to go for Golden Ages rather than advance Culture- which has happiness features in honor and commerce.

Please help:D

Golden Ages is based on total number of cities you have + how many GA you have already had.

Culture policy also has a city element (As I recall on standard map speed or smaller, each city includes cultural cost by 15% [except puppets]) and again every policy increases the next one.

As to the below: Names of the religion don't matter. You can name your religion Islam and still select Pagoda's if you'd like.

Cathedrals: I only build those if I want more spots for Great Artists (going for cultural victory)

Pagodas: I'd only ever select that if I went Piety and was planning on picking the reformation belief that gives tourism from religious buildings. The boring Temple is a much better happiness source since it doesn't require faith for both the standard tradition start and the liberty start.

Edit: Didn't notice this was G&K.
In G&K, the only religious building I'd consider is Monastery and even then only if wine or incense was my primary luxury.

Top Bottom