Byzantines better at warmongering than Rome?

Plasmawolf55

Chieftain
In my games, the Cataphract and Dromon usually outclass the Legion and Ballista for coastal raiding. Since the Cataphract can fortify and has three movement, I think that makes up for the -2 combat strength compared to the legion. Also, the Dromon doesn't need to set up to fire. I don't know if this argument has been made before, but I think the Byzantine makes a better early warmonger.

If you have coast to raid then yes, the Byzantines will have the edge. In a large land-war the synergy between the ballista and legion could conceivably outclass the Byzantines. I love Dromon's more too though. ;)

You're almost always the first one to reply to my forum posts...
Not saying it's creepy, but I kind of wonder what you do all day.

You got me! ;) I actually go through phases where I'll have the forums up reading and doing side research for a couple hours. I guess you've just caught me during those times PlasmaWolf. As you can see I've only made 200 posts so the forums are still kinda a fun and new novelty to me. I like reading the stories and opinions. Sorry for being creepy. ;)

As long as we are talking coastal than yes I would agree with you. The dromons can be pretty good for some early game coastal conquering. I've always found that the Cataphracts are a little underwelhming though.
In a landmass war though, the Legion/Ballista combo is more potent than anything the Byzantines can cough up in the same era

I want to try holy warriors and heathen conversion with the Byzantines. It seems like that would be extremely potent, just bring a missionary with your moving army, clean up the annoyances.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Top Bottom